Total War: Warhammer - Total Hammer: War - Hammer War: Total
  • I like this.

Feels like I'm just pointing my warriors at the enemy to win so far, but early encounters are going to be piss easy I guess.

Went dwarves because I know them so well and UNGRIM but I'm half tempted to play as someone else so I can have monsters and cavalry etc.
  • Dwarves are pretty easy to begin with as they basically don't break, ever, and Greenskins are terrible against them early on as they have no armour piercing until Black Orcs turn up. The downside is overextending - Karak-a-karaz and the surrounding areas are easy to lose to Orcs because the fuckers can use the underway to ignore the mountains and surprise you! My advice would be to focus 90% of the first 50 turns on economy - both buildings and research - because the Dwarves win that way. They make BANK.

Also get a Thane and get him assassinating because you'll need a good one to fulfill some Grudges as the game goes on, so it's a worth investment.

My advice is to get to when there's a stirring in the north and then try all the other races, learn the play styles and then either go back to Dwarves or start again, I appreciated them much more after playing other folks. Love 2 field 6 Quarrelersz
  • LATE GAME

Also this is legit my game of the year.
  • Played the first battle as Heinrich Kemmler but I'm not sure.

I know dwarves really well from the TT but the game plan is so simple and lacking in dynamism much of the time that I kinda want to opt for someone else.

Really impressed so far though. Runs well on Ultra too so mmmmmmm.
  • So tempted to pick up Skarksnik DLC because he's such a devious little shit.
  • The best DLCs according to the community are the two "The X & the X" packs as they add unique leaders and units to two factions each. I've seem them in action but not played them myself.

The dwarf plan is simple, yep, but later on it becomes tougher to execute and you need to start delving into the tech tree for the units that will help you break Undead/Chaos forces, because they are a unique challenge that you can't just box up and wear down like the Greenskins.
  • Could play some co-op campaign if you wanted to tiger? The Greenskins + Bloody Handz campaign me and Tempy played a bit of was really good fun. Seems to work pretty well too, though we did have a mysterious case of a disappearing Thorgrim Grudgebearer at one point.. Do I have you on my Steam friends list?

Also you should get on to some PC Overwatch ;)
  • Did you get my message Gurt ?
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • I did indeed Kernow, thank you very much! :)
  • It has crossed my mind, Gurt!
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I get the feeling Orcs only have ranged units (Arrer Boys etc) because they're in the tabletop. Pure Choppy and Boary seems more the style.
  • Warhammer II just announced. Lizardmen, Dark Elves and High Elves, plus a fourth unannounced race (probably Skaven)

It's a stand alone release for later in 2017, and has its own campaign map centred around The Vortex which is a magical storm between Lustria and Ulthuan. If you own the original you'll be able to play on the original map too, andeventually on a combined map which will account for 2/3rds of the old world. Nice.
  • If only it were on consoles :-(
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • They'll port it when consoles let you use M&K
  • They definitely could do a port with a proper UI and controls for consoles, it would just take a bit of thought and work to redesign them for the purpose.

I'd like to see a full blown uncompromised Civilization experience for consoles too, that would be even easier I think. They did Kerbal Space Program for Xbox didn't they? I would never have guessed that would happen...
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Totally forgot I had this. First one I mean.
  • I'd love to play some more Warhammer co-op...
  • Give me a month!
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Fighting Dwarves as Grobi without armour-piercing units can get tae.

It's almost like I'm meant to use Waaaghs and just auto-resolve. Which is what I've ended up doing.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Last night I wiped my arse on Karaz-a-Karak.
  • If anyone is a fan of the series and also was considering the Norsca DLC for the first game then this a decent deal - https://2game.com/total-war-warhammer-ii?___SID=U   Use the discount code "TWW2-2Game" to get it for a cool £29.84, not too bad considering Norsca is 8 quids on it's own.

After binge-watching a load of Vikings, I quite fancied some frosty marauder action, plus the mammoths and other monsters look really cool. The skin wolves are paticularly terrifying and powerful. Once I've played some more epic battles I'll get recording the replays and stick some vids in here.

Normally I would wait a year or two before buying the latest TW game, but I feel like Warhammer 2 is mostly a known quantity as it's the same engine and design as the first game, which I have enjoyed a played a fair bit.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    It's essentially a big expansion pack.
  • Yup pretty much. The interface looks identical too, which is a shame as I would like to have seen some improvements to selecting spells in battles, too fiddly. Maybe there will be some changes before release, and to be fair I haven't left any feedback on such things.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I couldn't get on with spellcasters in vanilla but then again I've only really tried Greenskins and fighting Dwarves all the time who have natural magic resist maybe my view is warped.
  • SKAVEN IN TOTAL WARHAMMER 2

CLANG THE BELLS, EAT YER WARPSTONE CHIPS
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
  • Oh my. They look feckin great.
  • Skaven are so hot right now.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!