Death Stranding - Kojima/Reedus
  • There's some really fun sneaky routes if you look closely around the maps, which usually require good use of the various mountaineering tools you have at your disposal.
  • Cupatay wrote:
    I hope there's a need for climbing anchors in the snowy area. I feel like they haven't realy been needed so far but I do think they're pretty cool especially when other people have put them there.

I've largely got by without them, but I did one job in particular where I stealthed my way into an area off a rock face and into long grass to steal something. Used the rope to get back out too. It was a standout moment and not possible without the anchor.
  • Getting vehicles into places that feel like they shouldn't be able to get into is very satisfying in this videogame. Never had any nook or cranny glitch me immobile, frankly an incredible achievement for the engine/level design team.
  • Story done. Certainly wasn't prepared for the length of the ending, which left me having a slightly late bedtime on a school night.

Have cracked on and done some post-campaign DC content. Just leaves me wanting more.

We roll on to platinum anyway. 70 hours and counting. 10/10.
  • Pah, I was on 50hrs and chapter 7 on the PC version. If I'd continued that game I dread to think of the number of hours.

Have restarted again on PS5 - going a bit faster but still taking my time.
  • My playthrough was over 120 hours. Going to play through this again sometime with the new stuffs, probably before the end of the year.
  • 55, and I'm not even past Chapter 3 (or is it 4?), mostly because I must build all these damn roads. I insist.
  • Iv had a break while destiny addiction and cyberspunk but iv let a couple of podcasts build and I'm a bit worried about the state of my roads.

It is a shame you can't use Spotify inside the game at times, I can see why etc but when you'v seen it/heard it all already it would be nice as an option.

Hate to even think what my time were on this or my first playthru, game is more-ish and chill.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Brooks wrote:
    55, and I'm not even past Chapter 3 (or is it 4?), mostly because I must build all these damn roads. I insist.

This is the way.
  • I've now finished chapter 5 and been on a couple of huge lonely treks right through the snowy mountains.

Somebody put a single zipline one side of the huge waterfall which was on my route so I made a detour and put one on the other side. I hope they log back in and appreciate it :)

It's getting better and better this game.
  • I connected the base in that area to the mountaineer, the woman (can’t remember her name), then to the weather station and then across the water to mama.

It actually made that area less interesting as I was zipping around for 5 minutes (at a time) completing a load of delieveries.
  • My next few missions are linking people together in the mountains with out bb so I'm sort of looking forward to that. I don't realy know what the hells going on plot wise though. I should probabley re watch some of the earlier cut scenes as a refresher but that probabley won't help much in a kojima game. I just had a realy awkward shower scene with the big lebowski wierd John Goodman fellow.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Ha ha. I love this game. It helps to read stuff while in your room. There’s a fair bit of back story in emails which makes sense of what is going on in the cut scenes.
  • I killed about 6 terrorists in abit of a panic. Now I have some dead bodies on my hands. Do I need to do anything with these? It's been a fair few hours since I killed them but I've just stumbled across them going from the mountaineer to the photographer.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Not sure don’t think I killed anyone.

I’l had a quick go on this tonight and got hooked again. 4 hours without pause building roads from Lake Knot City. Loving it it all again, especially now I know what I’m doing.
  • Do you have take all the materials to the auto pavers every time you wanna add to the road build?
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Yes and no. Yes you need to top them up, but there is some online overlap I believe where other players contribute. So, when I started my second run this time, a couple pieces of road were done, I've since built about 7 pieces, but some were part completed.
  • Oh yeah I get that, I was just thinking that the contribution you make to roads would be a substantial weight of metals or whatever and that would take some manoeuvring from one place to another. I'm guessing you trucked them there? Seems like it might be a lengthy and arduous task?
  • Oh, and........

I've had to burn the bodies to stop a void out and possible game over/reload a previous save file screen.

I won't be killing anyone else. Hopefully.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Yeah, I just stormed into a MULE camp with a couple of Bola guns and raided their camp and took their truck. A few trips back and forth and job done, at least up until the rough terrain bit.

Ahh so you have to shuttle em up to the incinerator??
  • b0r1s wrote:
    Yeah, I just stormed into a MULE camp with a couple of Bola guns and raided their camp and took their truck. A few trips back and forth and job done, at least up until the rough terrain bit.

Ahh so you have to shuttle em up to the incinerator??

Yeah, you can load 6 or 7 onto a truck. I drove pretty much all the way from the photographer to the incinerator west of lake knot city without to much trouble. Six bodies, one journey.

• I think void outs are only when a BT kills you. Corpses just create more BTs. I think - from reading the emails.
    I've never killed anything to test it though, or let myself die.
  • mrsmr2 wrote:
    I think void outs are only when a BT kills you. Corpses just create more BTs. I think - from reading the emails.
    I've never killed anything to test it though, or let myself die.

I googled it but either way I felt the journey to the incinerator was necessary, it put my mind at rest I wasn't gonna lose any progress and at the same time made me feel some consequence of my hasty murder spree. As I burnt them I felt like I had done the wrong thing killing them.

And then back to the zip lines wheeeeeeeeeeee.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Can't wait to get into the mountains, but I'm taking my time maxing out each shelter before I move on this time. Grabbing all the lost packages I can find.
  • Im at the last part of chapter 8 now and about to trek over to repair the relay thing. The plots thickening but much like my gravy, i dont know whats going on and how its gonna turn out. I've realy enjoyed it so far but I don't wanna be playing the story for another 20 hours like.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I honestly can't recall but I think my first play through may have been 70+ hours. A lot of that was building stuff though. I intend this run to be longer. The story stuff I can skip now which saves a LOT of time... Koj loves dem cutscenes.
  • Can you see how long you've been playing it anywhere?
  • It shows your play time on the status screen after each mission. Plus, in the save file I think (when you manually load).
  • mrsmr2 wrote:
    It shows your play time on the status screen after each mission. Plus, in the save file I think (when you manually load).

Ah ok, I'll take a look and see how I'm doing cheers.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!