myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Took balls to make this game, especially for the first title by a new studio. It's an amazing feat really

Yeah B said it really was a small team that made this, he was still at Guerilla when the team came over to discuss the engine possibilities. They really made the barren feeling a feature of the game.

I'm
    Spoiler:

Still enjoyable, B is absolutely horrified by the paths I take but I just really want to sight see a bit, collect come crystals etc.

• Took this for a spin on my new telly and it's so pretty. HDR is win.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    It's full of humor as well. I'm in chapter 3 now.
    Spoiler:

If I have missing cargo though, is there a way to see where it is? It must have fallen off somewhere, or I might have stashed it somewhere I forgot about.

Edit, does anyone actually know if they ever explained how they did the building online stuff? B reckons half the things you see aren't even made by others, they just pretend it is. As they can never show everything, cause you wouldn't have any landscape left. I honestly can't tell, I still enjoy stumbling upon things others placed. Would be interesting to know how they've decided what to show. What if two people made a bridge at the same spot at the same time? Etc.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I love roads… I got obsessed with roads.

In regards lost cargo I don’t think so. I had a break from playing on my second play through and had three orders outstanding from cargo I lost and I couldn’t find a way to recall where it was, so I just cancelled the orders.

I always thought it just did different instances of servers, pulled X amount of stuff and maybe had rules for only so many things in a zone being built by others. But B could be right.
  • The structures are definitely made by other actual people or groups. You can check it all out if you go to Map/Information and select Bridge Links. I think you can tag certain players and more of their stuff will appear ingame. Normally the structures that appear are from a random group you're linked to for that server session and the more likes the structures receive the higher chance they have in appearing in others games.
  • Nina wrote:
    If I have missing cargo though, is there a way to see where it is? It must have fallen off somewhere, or I might have stashed it somewhere I forgot about.

Your dropped cargo shows up on the map I think. It's highlighted in red. But, after time, if you stray too far from it, it becomes eligible for delivery by other players and the game will tell you this. i.e. In their game, they see it as lost cargo and get a bonus for delivering it. It can show up again in your game in the shared locker at the intended destination, as long as somebody else delivered it (but you will have probably moved on from that particular mission by then).   

Nina wrote:
    B reckons half the things you see aren't even made by others, they just pretend it is. As they can never show everything, cause you wouldn't have any landscape left. I honestly can't tell, I still enjoy stumbling upon things others placed. Would be interesting to know how they've decided what to show. What if two people made a bridge at the same spot at the same time? Etc.

The game just shows you some of the structures built by other players. Every player sees different stuff. You can add other players as "bridge links" in the menu somewhere meaning you are more likely to see their stuff.

b0r1s wrote:
    I love roads… I got obsessed with roads.

Me too. I finished every road in the game!
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Yeah it's more that B thought they were just pretending it to be from other players as he assumes it's really complicated to make it in such a way that it works. But I've searched around a bit and it does seem like it's actual people's structures, but just heavily filtered and I guess gradually introduced. I have unlocked roads but I'm probably too early in the story still to see a lot of them.

Still in chapter 3 but I must be towards the end of it, I've met most of the people on the map.
    Spoiler:

So yeah, still great. Planning out your orders, trying to get as many of them at a time and think of the perfect route to take while doing all deliveries is pretty satisfying. Looking at other people's buildings (I saw a big Tall neck hologram today, pretty cool), getting surprised by BT's or time fall, just looking around to take in the environment, find places where people peed and pee there as well (or where people rested), there's a lot of things to see and discover that really add to the world building.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    It is great and I’m considering double dipping to play it on steam deck. Will wait for a sale.

As for your spoiler I spent ages building roads first before attempting the real big jobs and loaded up my truck.
  • I have one piece of road to build.
    I'm done with story though and just working towards platinum trophy.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I hardly build any big things myself. I try to contribute to the things I see, I'll grab vehicles when I see them, prefer that over making my own etc. I will make the small things like the PCC and carriers, not gonna cross my fingers and hope they're in a shared storage unit. It feels weird that in a game where resources are low I would just build my own in stead of first looking around to see what's available. Will probably try a truck next time as there's a 1000kg order that I can take which would be on my route. So far I've been using motorcycles just because I enjoy those. I'm not sure how good the trucks will navigate the terrain if there's no roads up.

Got to chapter 5 now and I'm still absolutely amazed by the game. Can't say I really understand the story, but who cares if it's told in such a beautiful way. Incredibly impressed by the characters and how they interact etc. One of the flashbacks I got when connecting the BB in an elevator scene had the guy drink from a glass. Just the way he held it and touched his lips was done so well. No weird clipping or anything. Some of the bases I've been to and only had to interact with once or so do feel a bit empty, but it's alright. Not every character needs a big backstory and a proper model, some are just there to survive.

Story wise
    Spoiler:
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    You’ve got to the bit that challenged my patience on my first play through but one that I loved on my second run. And that was purely down to my approach to the game.

Spoilered my approach to the game, no story spoilers.
    Spoiler:
  • Nina gone full B and now talking about game characters drinking from glasses.

That bit you just did is really great though. The new unlock is super handy too
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    That wasn't needed Shabby, I will never go that crazy.

I saw earlier in the thread someone was able to add Davie and see all their constructions etc, I was wondering if I could add steam people and see their stuff as well. But I don't think anyone is playing right now so things might have been taken by timefall.

Boris:
    Spoiler:
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    On the roads side I missed out a whole section on first play through. Felt super accomplished when I finally did it.

If this drops to a decent price in a steam sale I’ll definitely double dip.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Started this again. Thought I’d done all the roads. I’ve got two sections to complete. I’m back on it and going to 5 star all the preppers.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    Started this again. Thought I’d done all the roads. I’ve got two sections to complete. I’m back on it and going to 5 star all the preppers.

Iv got 2 of the hidden preppers to do to 5 star and a standard one to finish off,
    Also have 2 parts of a road to finish and been using and upgrading my own and your zip lines etc. ;)
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Cheers! I Bridge linked to you last night. Still don’t know what it does but guess I may interact with more of your stuff now. You trying to Platinum it?
  • b0r1s wrote:
    Cheers! I Bridge linked to you last night. Still don’t know what it does but guess I may interact with more of your stuff now. You trying to Platinum it?

I am, been slowly ploughing away at it, so chill.
  • I'm going to have another run.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Are you on PC Gazelle?

I didn't get to play this weekend but I did make some progress since last post, and tbh I'm not sure where I'm at now with the game.
    Spoiler:
  • Nine you will see other people's structures etc once the bunker person has joined the uca.
    Some of need 1 star others need more.

You can also add me and bor1s to see ours once your connected.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    You're both on PlayStation right? I'm on steam. I did have a look at the bridge link menu but didn't see any familiar names.

Tbh it's not the biggest deal, I think my imagination just thought more was gonna be possible, but a system like this does have a lot to think about when trying to create it and it's a complex thing with technical limitations as well as creative choices. I will just continue story for now, think one of the later chapters (8 maybe) is seen as a good one to go back and finish things up. So I might revisit some places then and see if other structures have been build etc.

I still think it's an incredible game.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Just came in to say it’s on my Steam wish list and I’ll get it when it’s on sale and guess what? It’s ok sale!

£20.99 is a bargain. But I’m so far through my second play through on PS5 that I’ll wait until next year to play on PC.
  • Nina wrote:
    Are you on PC Gazelle? I didn't get to play this weekend but I did make some progress since last post, and tbh I'm not sure where I'm at now with the game.
    Spoiler:

Yes I'm on Steam - spacegazelle1. I'll play a little tonight and see what's what.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    So I finished all the roads and the racetrack and no bloody trophy!
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Hmm I didn't see anything by you SG, but I just have spacegazelle as a friend, no 1. Couldn't find a way to search in game and make a link.

Some spoilers:
    Spoiler:
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Does anyone know roughly how long it'll take to finish when I'm (still) at the point where I
    Spoiler:

I'm still making my way back to that spot on the map while building roads etc. But my mom and brother will be here next month and I hope to finish the game before they're here.
  • Not too long really. Bit of a long last trek but you could it in maybe a few hours? Maybe 8 hrs tops?
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Thanks, that seems very reasonable. I know it's cutscene heavy so I don't want to have a large gap between the last chapters when my mom's here.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!