Touchdowns, slam dunks, home runs and slap shots
  • Nah, keep an eye on various when I know dudes. But it's been a few years since I've been coaching for Longhorns (not Texas, Sunshine) so I think most of the dudes I had a nearly through the ranks.

Had 2 Melbourne sth sudo guys for Louisville during the pitino spida era, but pitino was being dodge so even that was hard to follow.

Had games against TCU in melbs because of a an aus sudo player on their team and a connection with Dave Patrick (was their AC, after being at LSU for Simmons era.)

Occasionally keep an eye on at Mary's for similar reasons and in div 1 had a guy I coached for a number of years and a national sth sudo aus u16s championship at Rutgers.

Without that link though, I think college ball is almost unwatchable. 30 second shot clock. Halves. Coaches with more interest in fiefdoms and being right than anything else.

Most college I watch is hoops vision channel. Because through sheer volume, the college game is interesting ONLY in the aggegrate.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • So…
    Smart, Horford and White ain’t hitting 3s at that clip the whole series but fuck me the celtics are tenacious.
    Tatum as the distributor is fine when he doesn’t have it but he he has to make buckets this series.
    Game 1 could very well be an anomaly (e.g. did the GSW stop making buckets the usually make in q4 or did the celtics defence stop them?) but taking game 1 on the road with a young team that has zero finals experience - yes please.
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Also it was really fun game, night and day compared to ECF

• Warriors are just going to have to sweep from here.
  • Was super impressive from celtics. Early d mistakes were glaring, but man that shooting was something. Still, not like warriors shoot that well every game either. Big win.

• Facewon wrote:
    Was super impressive from celtics. Early d mistakes were glaring, but man that shooting was something. Still, not like warriors shoot that well every game either. Big win.
    13 points from Gsw in the 4th (excluding 1 minute of garbage time) is interesting, the Celtics really flicked the switch on defense.
    The big difference between the two teams is that everyone on the Celtics is a two way player who can at least contribute on either end, Gsw not so much particularly with klay looking so poor on defense.
    Not worried about Tatum he gets better the longer a series goes on.
    Don’t think game 2 is must win for Gsw, Celtics for unknown reasons are much more locked in on the road

• Man. This series is so well played.
  • Also thank God it's celtics here. Miami would have been completely outmatched
  • GSW literally got to take the 4th off.

My 4-1 prediction is still on.
  • GSW came out punching but fuck the celtics turn overs killed them

• After rewatching some of the game reviews, fair to say a bunch of them were forced turnovers. Green switch to covering brown made a difference. Form and stats from play offs says they split next 2 games as well.
  • Facewon wrote:
    After rewatching some of the game reviews, fair to say a bunch of them were forced turnovers. Green switch to covering brown made a difference. Form and stats from play offs says they split next 2 games as well.
    Draymond Green got in their heads but yeah Draymond on Brown was a good move

• Wouldn't be surprised if Draymond gets ejected from at least one game. He's playing a bit too aggressive at times.
  • He'll get another T. Whether he gets ejected depends on how bad the series is going. Reckon he'll stay in control if they're in it.
  • Grant Williams chirping in your ear for 30+ mins has to be emotionally grueling.  Perfect solution would be to have KG just for a couple of minutes to set the "tone".

Still have the faith that the Celtics will continue to figure stuff out.

• Is it two games in Boston now, and then alternating?

It is. GSW are going to have to play very, very well to beat them twice in a row in Boston.
  • You say that but Boston have been much worse at home than on the road during the playoffs for reasons which have never been made apparent.
    I predict that the games will go back and forth regardless of the location (Bucks series did this) then it’s all on g7 in San Fran.

• Never really watched basketball before but after watching some of those documentaries about the the bulls, celtics, lakers, pistons in the 80s and 90s its got me quite in to it, so yeah new fan here. I ain't got a team yet so I'm just gonna enjoy the finals.
  • I recommend doing what I did - pick a very meh team with a standout youngster. You will win the chip in less than a decade.
  • Cupatay wrote:
    Never really watched basketball before but after watching some of those documentaries about the the bulls, celtics, lakers, pistons in the 80s and 90s its got me quite in to it, so yeah new fan here. I ain't got a team yet so I'm just gonna enjoy the finals.

Clayton Crowley's 'Making the Case' series?
  • Cupatay wrote:
    Never really watched basketball before but after watching some of those documentaries about the the bulls, celtics, lakers, pistons in the 80s and 90s its got me quite in to it, so yeah new fan here. I ain't got a team yet so I'm just gonna enjoy the finals.

Clayton Crowley's 'Making the Case' series?

I don't think I've seen any of those.

I have watched celtics vs lakers best of enemies, pistons bad boys, last dance (obv), shaq and hardaway and one or two others.

The best of enemies might well be my favourite doc in any sport, man to of lived through that bird vs magic era must have been amazing. It totally made me appreciate basketball as a sport and theatre.

Who did you pick Brooks and when? I was thinking Zion and new Orleans but I dunno.
  • The Making the Case series are some of the best basketball content you'll watch. On YouTube.

The players series came first, then the teams one.
  • I picked the Bucks and Giannis right about when they changed the uniform, 2015.
  • I'm a Magic fan. Got into basketball just when Shaq was making waves. Got to see them swept in a finals, and mediocrity ever since.
  • I do also generally pick one other (not top) team to follow each year, to avoid the depression of watching the Magic lose over and over.
  • It definitely helps that Giannis is an extremely likeable personality, and it's a key part of pro bball's appeal that it is full of big personalities. Select one and follow their trajectory, plenty of fun to be had with that.
  • Brooks wrote:
    It definitely helps that Giannis is an extremely likeable personality, and it's a key part of pro bball's appeal that it is full of big personalities. Select one and follow their trajectory, plenty of fun to be had with that.
    Last NBA game I was at in person was bucks nets in nyc when gainnis was a rookie, was obvious even then that the skinny kid was special.
    I get the pick any team they will be good some day but kings, magic and pistons have all been bad for a very long time.  OKC, Rockets or Cavs all have an exciting future.

• If you like teams with basket case owners that keep fucking themselves over, the New York Knicks are the team for you.
  • Yeah that is a special hell.
  • Zion is a risky bet to stay. Hope he does.

I guess you're too late to bandwagon on to griz if you care about perception.

If you want almost doco deep dives, especially on historical stuff, do thinking basketball on youtube. Greatest peaks series.

Gold.

Its mostly college, but hoops vision is amazing for getting to grips with xs and os.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!