Touchdowns, slam dunks, home runs and slap shots
  • Oof. That was not a pretty game. Wins a Win for Cs though.

Can't see Miami getting to 7 games with a boston home game in game 6. especially with back to back games where they literally can't score for minutes on end.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • I am so happy that both this series is almost over and the celtics are in position to win it.
    Al Horford was his usual magnificent
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Well, celtics warriors finals is on the cards.
  • Facewon wrote:
    Well, celtics warriors finals is on the cards.
    Two popovich disciples

• dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    As an Atlanta fan, am glad to see Dallas on the bad end of Gentleman's Sweep...
    All I need now, is for Miami to edge out Celtics, so we can at least brag about that. But I won't be too mad to see the Celts go through.
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • Not really getting the butler love in,.
    Facewon wrote:
    Oof. That was not a pretty game. Wins a Win for Cs though. Can't see Miami getting to 7 games with a boston home game in game 6. especially with back to back games where they literally can't score for minutes on end.

?u=https%3A%2F%2Fi.ytimg.com%2Fvi%2F9_AavsGSSvQ%2Fmaxresdefault.jpg&f=1&nofb=1
  • He does seem to enjoy rising to the occasion doesn't he.
  • By far the best game of the series, enjoyed it despite losing - well played Miami.
    Too many turn overs again from Boston and Jimmy had a special game, looking forward to game 7

• I want to forget everything about that series, fucking horrible despite making it through.
    Really not sure about Tatum winning MVP of the finals - if had to be a celtic Horford was the man.

• dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    You and Face both feel like the Celts have a good chance of taking the whole thing now, right?

It's amazing to see GS in another finals though. This super teams shit... 

They all seem to have a core of 3 solid players that the team can't do without. Like the Splash Brothers + Draymond at the Warriors. Perhaps the Celts have found theirs in Tatum, Smart and Brown.
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • I was high on celts earlier. But 2 wobbly series have me wondering.

GS come in super fresh. Home court.

They do play warriors well, so it'll be interesting.
  • There is certainly growing pains for the celtics, 24 is young for the best player on a champion.
    Haven't seen much of GSW but would make them favorite due to experience and rest, home court I am less concerned with since boston have been superb on the road.

• Butler played 48 mins in game 7, I can't remember ever seeing a player play every second of a game.

• Have two bets on, Warriors to beat Celtics in the Finals, which was made at the start of the conference finals.

Warriors to win the finals 4-1.
  • Have two bets on, Warriors to beat Celtics in the Finals, which was made at the start of the conference finals. Warriors to win the finals 4-1.
    What odds have you on Warriors over Celtics?

• I got 15/8 on them to just win overall.

Only 4/1 for them to win 4-1.

They're now massive favourites.
  • Butler played 48 mins in game 7, I can't remember ever seeing a player play every second of a game.

Think it was common back in the day. Wilt did it in his 100 game.

More recently I'm almost certain giannis did it in the last 3 years.

But yeah. Not often.

• I can't see the Dubs losing unless they get complacent or they get some clanging injuries (again).
  • Celtics length and superb 3 point line defence gives me hope

• Warriors are odds on to lay one egg. But also odds on to win at least one in Boston.

I think the shock of warriors offense for celtics after slogging with Miami could be good for opening game.
  • By my reckoning the starting line ups in the finals will be 80% homegrown players (as in drafted by their current team), only Horford and Wiggins of the starting 10 were imported.
    Would be nice if this was the start of the end for super teams

• Reasons I am quietly confident:
    1) I don't think the warriors have faced a defense as difficult as the celtics in their playoff run
    2) The celtics (due to their 1-5 being capable of defending, pretty much 1-5) are superb in transition defense and have been brilliant at defending the 3 point line
    3) I think the turnovers issue is being overplayed, yes the celtics have some issues there since they are both young and don't have a Kyrie / CP3 / Curry type ball handler but it wasn't much of an issue in the first 2 rounds, I think this was more to do with the Heats aggression on steals / passing lanes
    4) The length, it's only an inch or two in each match ups but collectively it mounts up
    5) There's a reason celtics (post xmas, except for the one time they rested starters) don't lose back to back, they are flexible and figure stuff out
    6) Its a cliche but still think it's true that the west is flair and scoring while the east is blue collar, grindy, defense.  I think the physicality will surprise the Warriors no matter how much they feel they are prepared / anticipating.

Please feel free to rip my homer takes to shreds :)

• No, all fair.

In fairness to warriors, they did face Memphis. Very physical. And Dallas were bigger across the board. Granted celtics are objectively both slightly bigger 1 to 5 and better defensively than those 2 teams.

It's a mistake to think warriors are all 3s though.

Baked into their offense is the off ball screens and back cuts, I watched nearly all of their play off games. They have won even with stretches shooting terribly from three.

They'll get lay ups from back cuts, yes turnovers for transition and they've been sneaky amazing on the o boards.

Hearing that GP2 is back. Which is great news.

I lean warriors, but I don't know how anyone is arguing it's an obvious choice either way.

No surprise if celts got up and won.
  • Just listening to the Zach Lowe preview - superb breakdown
    Really exciting final match up

• Despite saying I wanted to forget the miami series I went back and watched the last 3 mins game 7 "collapse" without the emotion.  What I discovered:
    - Way too much media focus on Boston chocking, the Heat played freaking amazing.  Some of the shots they were making was ridiculous, the Strus 3 in particular was so far out and perfectly guarded.  None of Miami's makes were due to poor defense, just really difficult shots made
    - On the other end Miami were packing the paint and doubling Tatum, he consistently read it going to a drive and kick with perfect passing to the perimeter
    - Smart took 3 3pointers, 2 of which he was so, so open; the last one there was some coverage but it was very late.  Smart is .33 from 3, he has to take the shots and all of them were close not like he was bricking them horribly
    - The other 3 possessions were a Smart drive (bad decision), Brown drive (bad decision) and Williams being stripped under the bucket by Lowry (great defense)
    - Given the players boston has and the defence miami was showing I dont think they did anything wrong - make or miss league
    - The butler 3 pointer looked different.  Not enough credit to Horford actually giving him the shot rather than his preferred mid range or drive.  Do think hero ball and his tiredness played a part in the decision.  Superb reaction from Horford to get a hand up and grab the tip from the rebound.

Thanks for listening :)

• Heh

Watching the fall of bobby knight.

What a fucking prick.
  • Div 1 college coaches often seem to have ludicrous sense of self worth and ego

• Not helped by how the uni treated him.

And this doco only really covers player abuse. There's a massive red flag interview with Connie Chung where he says something about rape that beggars belief, but this doco doesn't go into his abuse of women generally
  • Do you have a college team Face?
    I studied for 6 months at Virginia Tech and went to one game (my first ever basketball game).  Unfortunately they aren't very good, think their football program is better.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!