Touchdowns, slam dunks, home runs and slap shots
  • Really enjoying the playoffs, feels very open.  Second round is going to be super competitive
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Sucks for Booker and Phoenix there, I wondered if something might ruin their otherwise great season.
  • Celtics nets is as good as first round can get - proper intensity

• Agreed, I'd like to see Boston power through, they're cooking.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Nets are bound to pull one back. The Hawks though... Hard to tell. But we were in it this time.
    10 turnovers are Westbrook numbers though.
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • Steve Nash hasn't had a good series thus far, Nets offence is a one trick pony (Durant iso).
    Celtics defense has been superb but the offence can look a bit stagnant in the half court - still thinking celtics in 6

• I dunno, Nash isn't setting the world on fire, but to me it's more a testament to the brilliance of celtics switching and personnel.

I've never seen durant stripped so many times rising up for his elbow middy. Ridic good d.

They could have a few more quick hitter plays maybe, but at the end of the day, whatever they run, they live and die on KD and kyrie making tough shots in combo with brown making decisions in 4 v 3 situations and outside shooting.

I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Shams reporting Simmons in for game 4. Popcorn.gif
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Dallas dismantling the Jazz without Doncic, while not quite an upset, could be a big signal to the other teams in the west. Even if they don't win the series...
  • Dallas dismantling the Jazz without Doncic, while not quite an upset, could be a big signal to the other teams in the west. Even if they don't win the series...
    Certainly a signal to Utah
    Facewon wrote:
    I dunno, Nash isn't setting the world on fire, but to me it's more a testament to the brilliance of celtics switching and personnel. I've never seen durant stripped so many times rising up for his elbow middy. Ridic good d. They could have a few more quick hitter plays maybe, but at the end of the day, whatever they run, they live and die on KD and kyrie making tough shots in combo with brown making decisions in 4 v 3 situations and outside shooting.
    Celtic's defense is disruptive but that 4th quarter was brutal from the nets, play after play of Durant bringing the ball up and going straight into iso - no movement, no pick and roll.  
    Simmons coming back is amusing, he hardly has a glowing resume in play offs...

• That was the poorest game of the series, never really felt in doubt as the celtics just have more gears.  Actually feel sorry for KD, celtics can through so much at him because there's just not enough movement and/or quality to distract.  At the other end its almost embarrassing, any one of kyrie/mills/curry trying to slow down j. brown isn't getting it done.  Add in Williams III coming back and looking same as pre injury; Halford getting reduced mins and Tatum looking like a top 5 player (at 24 years old), then yeah anything other than a finals appearance would feel disappointing. 
    Would be surprising at this point if it isn't a sweep.

• My desired conference finals is absolutely Boston vs us now.
  • Brooks wrote:
    My desired conference finals is absolutely Boston vs us now.
    Bucks are on course to meet Celtics in the semis; probable Heat v 76ers in the other

• dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Trae getting found out this series. I want to believe all the 'Jordan Rules' posts that keep popping up in discussions every so often.
    But it's been obvious he has literally been punching above his weight for a while now, and needs some help.
  • Trae just falls under the same category as every other star that has glaring flaws. They either work on them and/or get help to fill those gaps and succeed or they don't and they give themselves a ceiling of success. 

See James - I play no defense and want the offense on my terms - Harden, or Russell - can't shoot, and a freestyle on defense - Westbrook, or Damian - am an offensive supernova, but play no D - Lillard.

And the list goes on. And then note that there's a long list of players who are more 2 way and addressed issues who will have or have had more success. See Curry (improved D, plays offball perfectly, improved stength), KD, Gianis, Joker. Tatum.
  • Well, lol. Nets swept and I'm watching phily shit the bed again after going up 3-0. Harden doing nothing and embiid is being isoed off the court
  • What I'm taking away from the is the more drama your squad generates in a given season, the more it's going to cook you.
  • I think Boston are going to hump us at this point.
  • Yeah. Little drama in bucks land. But a bit of meh play and minor injuries.

Cs defense will give giannis trouble.
  • And that's all she wrote.
    Was an odd series, every game was tight but Celtics always the better team and able to answer every Nets run with a run of their own.
    Celtics will get better as Williams 3rd (who had a bit of a stinker in game 4) gets back up to speed.
    Bucks giving up the 2 seed felt wrong at the time and looks an even worse decision now.
    Brown and Tatum have truly arrived.

• dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    And that's all she wrote. Was an odd series, every game was tight but Celtics always the better team and able to answer every Nets run with a run of their own. Celtics will get better as Williams 3rd (who had a bit of a stinker in game 4) gets back up to speed. Bucks giving up the 2 seed felt wrong at the time and looks an even worse decision now. Brown and Tatum have truly arrived.

The Time Lord still has some growing to do to, no? 3rd year, I think?
    Also, can't get a more inspired nickname than the Time Lord, got a genuine lol out of the origin story during a commentary break.
  • Yeah 3rd year but didn't play much in the first 2 seasons due to injuries.  
    He was superb this regular season, outstanding blocker, can guard switches fairly well and constant lob threat.

• dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Fuck. 

Made a go of it though. The team's going to have to change. Can't see us keeping both Gallo and Collins.
    Falling back to root for Memphis...
  • Gallo is fine, but he's aged out of being even a 4th option on any really good team. He's gonna be on the lakers next year with 25 other 12 year vets.

Happy for olidipo given injuries. Pretty bad from hawks to not be able to beat heat without butler or lowry.

Trae looked his age this play offs.

Wolves and Memphis are making up numbers if injuries don't derail warriors or suns. They are trying to out dumb play each other.
  • Can't see anyone beating Celtics in the East at the moment.

I've had Phoenix backed from the start of the season, and it'll almost certainly be them vs Warriors in the Western Final.

Either way, Warriors vs Celtics or Suns vs Celtics should be a damn good series.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    I definitely see Phoenix taking the whole thing, but I'm rooting for Ja all the way. He's like a walking NBA Jam throwback...

BOOMSHAKALAKA!
  • Everyone sleeping on the heat, deep and superbly coached.
    Celtics v. Heat ECF would be quite the defensive slug fest, be lucky to see either team break 100

• That is fair. Heat defo only team I can see beating celtics at the moment. I'd legit like to see bucks find last years magic though. Giannis going God mode is fun.
  • MJ being his usual owner self and sacking berrego after consecutive seasons improving by 10 wins.

2 blow-outs in play in games apparently count for too much.

Synder, him, Vogel all around. And putting my Aussie hat on, philly post seasons under doc vindicate Brett Brown as a perfectly good nba coach.
  • Well. Maybe I need to take back what I said about bucks. They took bulls heart. Perfect warm up.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!