Halo, is it me you're looking for?
  • I may get on for a bit. Probably not until half 8 or something.
  • Good games with Sparkles earlier. We locked down a CTF game. Grappling on to a warthog may have potential!
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Yeah, it was fun. The grapple has loads of uses but I'm still getting myself into bother as often as I'm pulling off something cool. Will be great for the campaign though. Same goes for whatever that force push thing is, I was dropping down on a guy only to be dragon punched back where I came from. Surprised giggles all round
  • As a Halo Insider, you're also eligible to invite a friend to join you this weekend. Please share the code below with them below and have them redeem it on www.halowaypoint.com/redeem. Once activated, they will receive a notification on Halo Waypoint informing them how to download their pre-release build.

Friend Invite Code: PS3Y-5EE9-31PJ-I1U8-RZZ2
  • HG5Z-437R-ZFET-UXXT-IL4G
  • Thanks! I’ve taken Tiger’s code.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    How does that feel Nexx?
  • Oh, is Nexx back? :)
  • Halooooooooo.

Who is on tonight?
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Maybe for the last hour, but I'm definitely on tomorrow and Sunday
  • Just been on Game Pass and it says Halo Infinite Multiplayer is coming 8 December. Is that implying the campaign won’t be coming the same day?!
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Two separate downloads which will release on the same day. The MP portion is f2p, SP will be paid.
  • Ah, gotcha. Cheers.
  • Tentatively in for the sp but I'll be keeping an eye on early impressions. Punt and patch seems to be the norm these days and I'm in no rush to play a new Halo minus a layer of gloss. It's pretty much a fact that most modern games are better experiences a couple of months after launch, so I don't see why a 'troubled development' release would buck the trend.

Tl,dr: Looking forward to a new Halo campaign in Feb.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    If they were happy to punt and patch it would have been out last year, Shirley?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    You’d think that they’ve spent the last year polishing what they have to a high sheen, but the proof will be in the pudding.
  • there are so many features that came out with the release of Halo 3 that they haven’t been able to get ready for release, after 6 years of development, that expecting what they do have to be polished is almost certainly naive.
    GT: Knight640
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    2 features.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    But yeah, it might be a mess, but I suspect that those features have been held back in order to focus on getting the basic campaign and multiplayer to a higher standard. Microsoft have a lot riding on this being successful, I expect that they’re going to be working hard to get the launch product running as flawlessly as possible.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    What I saw of the campaign looked good gameplay wise. What I've played of the MP has been great fun, and looked lovely too
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    There's another beta this weekend right? Fucking desperate to get in. Might get Sunday
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Big Team Battle weekend, matchmaking only available from 6pm-10pm. There is a daft 1am-5am slot too but who's going to be playing that?
  • Yossarian wrote:
    But yeah, it might be a mess, but I suspect that those features have been held back in order to focus on getting the basic campaign and multiplayer to a higher standard. Microsoft have a lot riding on this being successful, I expect that they’re going to be working hard to get the launch product running as flawlessly as possible.

I’m not sure I agree with this actually. In years past, then yeah absolutely, but I think Halo as a system seller isn’t what it was. Absolutely MS will want it to review as well as possible - it’s important to show that they can manage all these big production houses they’ve got, it’s still their main Mario style flagship, they’ll want the pr kudos of good game, good game and it does kind of need to desperately avoid being lolled at in the same way as the initial reveal and Gaurdians BUT in the whole scheme of where MS seem to be heading, a brilliant new Halo just disappears into the shadow cast by Gamepass and its multitude of content.

So, tldr. Yeah, it’s important to the Halo fans (and you’ll all already have your X’s) and it’s important that it doesn’t allow PS boys to aimlessly lol for a week or two but it really doesn’t matter like it used to. They’ve got GP now and that’s the prince who needs protecting.

• Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Knight wrote:
    there are so many features that came out with the release of Halo 3 that they haven’t been able to get ready for release, after 6 years of development, that expecting what they do have to be polished is almost certainly naive.

I was talking to Tiger about the incredible Theater mode and stuff like detailed stat tracking for every match you'd ever played on Bungie.net. You don't see that type of stuff getting much of a look in these days
  • Knight wrote:
    there are so many features that came out with the release of Halo 3 that they haven’t been able to get ready for release, after 6 years of development, that expecting what they do have to be polished is almost certainly naive.

I was talking to Tiger about the incredible Theater mode and stuff like detailed stat tracking for every match you'd ever played on Bungie.net. You don't see that type of stuff getting much of a look in these days

H3 and Reach were incredible feats in terms of the overall package. I still find it remarkable that a company who developed Reach, which was gorgeous looking for it’s time and packed with incredible features, thought sprint and bloom was the way to improve the gameplay experience. We’ve been suffering the effects ever since.
  • TheBoyRoberts
    Show networks
    Xbox
    The Boy Roberts
    PSN
    TheBoyRoberts
    Steam
    TheBoyRoberts
    Wii
    BoyRoberts

Send message
    The stats tracking from Halo 2 onwards was fantastic.  I loved the heatmaps in Halo 2 and I'm sure you could re-watch a game in one of the Halos via bungie.net?  Perhaps generate a photo?

I'm a massive Halo fan; certainly not as deep into the multiplayer as some of you are, but I have a love for the game that runs deep.  From the admittedly silly story lines, to the Chief himself I just can't get enough.  

The way the game "feels", in my humble opinion is simply second to none.  The seamless jump between controlling a Spartan to jumping into a vehicle is simply amazing and I don't believe any other game has even came close to replicating the overall quality of the entire package.

I've spent a bit time with the Beta and I'm loving what I've seen so far.  Really amazing stuff.

I'm sure the finished game is going to be up there with the best of the Halos!
  • Oh god, theatre mode! Being able to slow mo track your amazing sticky grenade throw or rewatch launching a warthog a million miles into the air. Those were the days
  • TheBoyRoberts
    Show networks
    Xbox
    The Boy Roberts
    PSN
    TheBoyRoberts
    Steam
    TheBoyRoberts
    Wii
    BoyRoberts

Send message
    Yeh!!

I'm sure you could fly miles into the levels too and see the NPCs just going about their business whilst waiting for you to arrive and have your way with them!
  • This weapon sandbox is not good, at all.
    - the BR is very easy to use but kills very slowly
    - the sidekick is very very hard to use but has too few bullets in its mag, an inconsistent bloom and very little range. It needs a range bump, a slower rate of fire, fewer shots to kill and no recoil/bloom. It basically needs to be the H5 pistol.
    - the AR can cross map people and kills very fast. The kill time would be fine if the sidekick wasn’t so difficult and annoying to use.
    - the sniper is so weird to use. Scoping in is really really odd.
    - lots of the power weapons aren’t very powerful.
    - the commando is a nice concept but at range it’s pointless.

It’s really quite awful weapon balance. Which is a shame because movement is good, sprint is nerfed enough, the advanced movement abilities that raised the skill floor way too much in H5 are gone, I like the art direction and some of the equipment has genuine potential.
  • Hmm. Not sure I agree re: weapons. The Halo 5 pistol was so good it was the automatic choice unless you had a BR or power weapon. Here it feels like the sidearm and the AR (which is a little too good at range, sure) both have their uses.

The main issue with the game is when I come up with an outrageously good plan, like throwing a plasma coil at an enemy so Nexx can shoot it right next to him, and then he doesn't even try to shoot it because my throw was too fast or something I mean come on.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!