Halo, is it me you're looking for?
  • Nobody can track you here. If you're not going to spill the beans, I will turn on you.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    We'll see, we'll see
  • Upload a vlog from the loo or gtfo.
  • Seriously. What are they gone do. Throw you in videogame jail?
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Fire him for a start.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Videogame jail the worst. You have to play Clayfighter 63 1/3 every day
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    I'm NDAed up the wazoo but think I get to play some of this at the weekend. Which suggests it does at least exist :-D. Alas I'm maybe the person least qualified to say if it's good / feels like halo etc. but hopefully they want noob feedback too... Only what 3.5 months away though I suppose?

Continually ask where Craig is.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Every time he isn't on screen, Muzzy should ask 'where's Craig'
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    New update from 343, includes this from Staten:

Before boarding my flight, I had a chance to read some of the commentary online, and I definitely hear the disappointment about not seeing Campaign gameplay on the broadcast. So, I wanted to take this opportunity to: (1) shed light on why we chose not to show Campaign right now and (2) assuage your concerns about where Campaign is at this point in the production process.

As I mentioned in last week’s Development Update, the whole Halo Infinite team is in shutdown mode. This means we’re done with feature work and focused on crushing high-priority bugs. We’re spending lots of time playing the game, verifying fixes, and generally doing all we can to ensure Campaign (and Multiplayer!) plays great on all platforms—from an original, 8-year-old Xbox One to a brand new, ultra-spec PC. This is a very challenging task, even for a large and experienced team.

In many ways, shutting down a game is like being on final approach to landing an airplane. And if you’ll forgive a bit of aviation-geekery, the entirety of the team is essentially in a “sterile cockpit,” which is to say: we’re at a critical phase in the flight that is Halo Infinite, so it’s extremely important to avoid distractions and stay focused on mission-critical tasks only. For Campaign, that means putting maximum effort into ensuring the wide-open, adventure-filled experience you’ll all get to play on December 8th is a great as it can possibly be. And gameplay demos and trailers not only take a huge amount of effort to do well, they also take cycles away from bugs and other shutdown tasks.

I would like to share, however, that right before I left for Los Angeles, I had to pause a full playthrough of Campaign that I started late last week. I’m going for a 100% run, which means completing all primary and secondary missions, finding all collectibles etc. I’ve played Infinite’s Campaign multiple times. But every time I do, I always find something new, tucked away on Zeta Halo. Sometimes these are quiet little bits of environmental storytelling, such as an abandoned but desperately defended Marine recon post, high on a lonely mountainside (fortunately, the Banished missed the fully loaded S7 sniper rifle that the Marines left behind). Sometimes these are combat encounters with deviously polished scripting, for example: a UNSC forward operating base that seemed abandoned… until I heard the laughter and taunts of multiple, energy sword-wielding and cloaked Elites, as I stumbled into their trap.

I hope all of you take comfort from the fact that, honestly, I can’t wait to get back home, fire up the build, and hit “Continue” on the Campaign. No matter how many times I play, Halo Infinite remains, fundamentally, super fun to play—and we’re very eager to share all the fun with you through captured gameplay, trailers, and other content once we get this plane safely on the ground. But for now, it’s focus-time in the cockpit as we stick the landing. Please, keep those seatbelts fastened, and thank you for your patience and support.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/inside-infinite-august-2021
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Sounds like they're terrified to show people the campaign after the last time ;) ;)
  • Sounds good. Can't wait for the publishers to be okay with letting go of the old gen though.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I’m not convinced that this was a publisher decision. It may have been, but considering how long ago Halo 5 came out and pre-production work on Infinite would have started, it seems likely that this was always intended for previous gen consoles as the Series ones would still have been early in the planning stages. Probably wasn’t even a fixed set of Series specs that 343 could work towards.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Good point about the time it takes to make a demo / trailer. Watching the God of War doc, admittedly a game earlier in production, it took them a year to get that demo ready for E3. I'd rather they just cracked on and made it look great.

We often see too many game reveals in trailers anyway so happy to go in blind.
  • Huge variety in campaign missions such as an abandoned building full of enemies or an abandoned building full of enemies.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Huge variety in campaign missions such as an abandoned building full of enemies or an abandoned building full of enemies.

Or a building which at first you think is abandoned but then discover is full of enemies.
    SFV - reddave360
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    LivDiv wrote:
    Huge variety in campaign missions such as an abandoned building full of enemies or an abandoned building full of enemies.

Or a building which at first you think is abandoned but then discover is full of enemies.

There is also the building full of enemies which after you kill them becomes abandoned
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • MattyJ wrote:
    RedDave2 wrote:
    LivDiv wrote:

There is also the building full of enemies which after you kill them becomes abandoned

Really love how they play with the format. I wonder will there be a building that starts out abandoned but fills with enemies, becomes abandoned when you kill them BUT THEN! becomes full of enemies again when you hit a checkpoint.

On a related point - Was playing ce last night and it reminds me that while a certain free roaming has been part of halos structure since the first game, the thing which pulled me in was those big organic battles. More of that please to be honest. The flood are terrible on their own but once the game starts throwing 3 and 4 way battles into the mix it really shines. You feel you have a range of options to approach each battle. The feeling of being part of the battle and not the epicentre is really good.
    SFV - reddave360
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    Unless this game is genuinely revolutionary, not having co-op at launch smacks of incompetence.
    I mean superficially, yes: by definition they weren't competent enough to get it out in one go. But surely you realise this stuff is complicated, and that there are commercial and project management decisions that need to be made, as well as technical ones? I don't think we're in any position to say (in either direction) whether those decisions are being made competently. People have made arguments for why they think they have been. We seem to be having nonsense internet arguments beyond that, and are already going round in circles...

Mmm, I don't get why it's that complicated. If the campaign is good to go why isn't the co-op?
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • I mean, you say it's complicated but they have done it many times before. Is it really more complicated now? Have we regressed in our ability to do what was normal just a few years ago??
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    The point is that they haven’t done anything like this before. Not in an open world, not across multiple generations of consoles let alone cross gen and cross platform at launch.
  • Well. I for one am excited anyway. Bring me some more Halo. It’s not like it can get worse than 5.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I mean, you say it's complicated but they have done it many times before. Is it really more complicated now? Have we regressed in our ability to do what was normal just a few years ago??
    Having played through Halo 5 in 4-player co-op, I can see why it's an issue for them, because the co-op implementation in 5 is laughably bad. That being said, you'd think the company that made it would know this, and maybe have hired some of the competition that have been successfully doing this sort of work for years, to work their magic on Infinite.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    We've all been here.

For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • TheBoyRoberts
    Show networks
    Xbox
    The Boy Roberts
    PSN
    TheBoyRoberts
    Steam
    TheBoyRoberts
    Wii
    BoyRoberts

Send message
    What was the name of that map?
  • Looks like Ivory Tower.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    It’s the Reach remake of Ivory Tower: Reflection.
  • TheBoyRoberts
    Show networks
    Xbox
    The Boy Roberts
    PSN
    TheBoyRoberts
    Steam
    TheBoyRoberts
    Wii
    BoyRoberts

Send message
    Really enjoyed that map. 

Just noticed that Roblox is getting "Spatial Chat" - the verge.

I thought Halo 2's implementation of chat was out of this world.  Me and a buddie would just be blasting round, chatting with each other as if it were the real world and we'd not be clogging the voice channel.  If there was something the rest of the team needed to hear you could press the voice comms button and speak.  Really cool system.

There was once I was guarding the flag (new Mombasa i believe) and I heard two of the enemy team discussing their plan to come in though separate doors.  I got ready, grenade'd one of them and shot the other.  Priceless!

Shame the removed it.
  • Really enjoyed that map. 

Just noticed that Roblox is getting "Spatial Chat" - the verge.

I thought Halo 2's implementation of chat was out of this world.  Me and a buddie would just be blasting round, chatting with each other as if it were the real world and we'd not be clogging the voice channel.  If there was something the rest of the team needed to hear you could press the voice comms button and speak.  Really cool system.

There was once I was guarding the flag (new Mombasa i believe) and I heard two of the enemy team discussing their plan to come in though separate doors.  I got ready, grenade'd one of them and shot the other.  Priceless!

Shame the removed it.

Not identical but death comms in COD Warzone are a thing of beauty. You get to hear your opponent crying into their mic when you’ve killed them.
    GT: Knight640

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!