Halo, is it me you're looking for?
  • Carrying on with the campaign myself and have just completed the excavation site mission. The boss was very fucking annoying - particularly with it locking down the area and preventing you going outside. Felt a bit artificial and trying to fight a gravity hammer in a closed environment was not fun.

Still enjoying it though.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Trying to power through the campaign and Master Chief might have become more one note than Mario.

"You can't do this chief"

Then let's do this

"You'll die"

Then I'll die trying

"I thought I'd go home"

There won't be a home if I don't shoot these fuckers.

It's quite sad as they had actually done some interesting work in previous games
  • I wasn’t sure if, at times, they were playing some of that stuff for laughs but I guess not.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Finished the campaign on Heroic, go me. I didn't realise I was on the final fight until the game ended, but then I wasn't really paying attention to the story. Overall I enjoyed it.
  • I'm really enjoying the multiplayer even though I'm quite shit.
  • The banished voice work, whether it's in cut scenes or in voice logs, is quite startlingly awful.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    That's all FOB's, HVT's and Squads done. Only one side mission then I'll power on for the finish.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Well that's it boys, everything done now apart from finishing the campaign. What a ride! Hopefully finish it in the next few days, pending how my weekend goes!
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    I had a lot of fun doing all the non-campaign stuff. I’m really looking forward to doing it again in co-op.
  • Properly loving the Campaign, it's so cool driving around helping marines, the world is massive and pretty, the combat is awesome, the marines chatter is funny.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Expecting to finish this tonight given all goes well!
  • By jove i love the grappleshot, especially fully upgraded, it's so well implemented and feels like it's always belonged in Halo and with the MC. You feel like such a badass when you do something cool with it.

Playing on Heroic and overly finding it relatively easy except the boss fights, wow they are hard, especially the ones where the boss as a sword/hammer. It's satisying when you figure the right ability and tactic to use though for example swining around the room like a mad spider-man.

One negative is that i felt i was inside for a very long time just now, i really wanted to be on the surface exploring, but only a minor thing and probably because i've played a lot this weekend.

This is waaaaay better than the campaigns of Halo 4 and Halo 5. I enjoy the combat and gameplay as much as Halo 3 but like the story i dunno... who are the banished again? And what do they want? What am i doing? I'm a bit lost.
  • God the voice acting in this is terrible. Weapon is an absolute weapon, highly fucking annoying particularly when you hear the same line multiple times after dying.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    The whole weapon/chief thing is crap. Did the Spire mission last night and they're in the middle of an excruciating tiff. Could have done with a more simple/straight forward story about retaking the ring instead of all this nonsense and having to watch her wave her hands around in the air then click her fingers every five minutes.

All that to one side, I still absolutely love the way it plays. All FOBs, targets and upgrades etc polished off last night, just got story missions to go now. Grapple shot all the way even though I've maxed out all the equipment. I just find it too handy to do without, and switching between the equipment is too fiddly in the heat of the moment anyway
  • The last fight in the spire was a pain in the ass.

Grapple is king but threat sensor comes in handy so I have those two memorised for quick changes.
    Pain in the arse trying to find the right grenades though.
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • I think I'd prefer the grenades/equipment on left or right on the d-pad, with set number of presses for each instead of different directions for different items.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I prefer the current method. Although there is a bit to remember, it means that all equipment and grenade types are two presses away at all times, and always the same two presses. Once you’ve learnt the combos for the ones you use, switching between them during combat is pretty straightforward.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Started using the sensor a lot more later in the game to identify enemy types and placements in new rooms. There is a particular part of later game where it's absolutely invaluable and I would even say necessary. Made a lot of progress last night, on the final Boss now (I have a lot to say about Bosses but going to save this for a post after I have finished) - so hopefully tonight I'll have cleared.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
  • I've always used the bumper jumper method. I now have a controller with additional buttons on the back where my fingers rest so assign those to sprint and crouch. Basically i never have to take my hands off the aim and move joysticks. I can shoot, throw grenade, jump, hit, run, crouch, zoom in, without moving my digits.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Well boys, we did it - that was a wild ride. Took a few weeks to commit (as I was still caught up on MP, which I will return to now) but have to say I really enjoyed this campaign. Gonna have some things to say about it tomorrow, need to reduce the heart rate now though before bed :P

Screenshot_20220117-2034282.png?width=630&height=910

Spoiler:
  • I'm loving the multiplayer in this.
  • I haven't touched the mp, which is weird because I used to not touch the sp. But, even sp has been shelved because I fancy the co-op.
  • I've done a few bot matches tho, feels good.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Finished it tonight too, Haak. Only on Heroic but I think that'll do for me, there were enough instant and unpreventable deaths there I reckon. Is it me or are the vehicles made of paper now? Doesn't take a lot of punishment to leave one ready to explode
  • I can't imagine doing this one Legendary solo. The bosses and hunters are ridiculous enough on Heroic.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I’ve cleared the game on Heroic and am on the final level on Legendary (currently trying to nab the final skull before finishing), and honestly, I don’t think there’s a huge gap in difficulty between Heroic and Legendary this time around.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Is it me or are the vehicles made of paper now? Doesn't take a lot of punishment to leave one ready to explode

I thought this too, the few times I jumped into a Scorpion it didn't go very well - I always found it much easier to utilise the weapon/skills sandbox than rely on vehicles. The only times I ever used vehicles was for the purpose of traversing the map quickly.
    Djornson wrote:
    I can't imagine doing this one Legendary solo. The bosses and hunters are ridiculous enough on Heroic.

Hunters can be tricky but there are certain weapon combos and tactics (as has always been the case) that nullifies them as a treat and makes them pretty easy. The bosses are all a little gimmicky with a few runs of each needed to identify the loops and openings, the only bosses I had major trouble with were Escharum and The Harbinger. Escharum's final phase was just irritating because of his ability to close ground so fast. I found it difficult to navigate his whereabouts aurally so relied heavily on the threat sensor for this one.

In the end the tactic I used for the final phase was looping the arena using the grapple shot to gain significant distance and then again, using the grapple shot to pick up the heavy machine gun and plasma cannons - fire off some rounds and continue looping the arena. Had a few cheesy deaths but I reckon I got the final kill after maybe 15-20 attempts?

The Harbinger was just a really uninspiring and boring fight in general, the only real hard part was clearing the mobs while being constantly tagged with shots -with her, I found the Hardlight weapons such as the Sentinel Beam and Heatwave the most efficient ways to deplete shields and kill. Final blow was struck with a nice thunder clap from a grapple shot though.

In fact I think the last 4-5 missions are best tackled with Hardlight/plasma weapons - the UNSC weapon set becomes largely useless in the closing act in my opinion.
    Yossarian wrote:
    I’ve cleared the game on Heroic and am on the final level on Legendary (currently trying to nab the final skull before finishing), and honestly, I don’t think there’s a huge gap in difficulty between Heroic and Legendary this time around.

Legendary in previous Halo games (well up until Reach) was an exercise in ammo economy efficiency, weapon knowledge and patience of play. This has been largely relaxed with Infinite with a lot of the difficulty coming through dps-check encounters and bottle-necking boss fights.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!