Halo, is it me you're looking for?
  • Shield and grapple is all I bothered with. I maxed them all out but never used the others. Simply because I wasn't arsed flipping and switching – I just wanted to keep moving and shooting. 

I liked *most* of the outdoor bosses (the assassinations) because it was in keeping with the open world vibe. I cheesed a bunch of those with the Wasp, but my favourite was realising a hunter (I think) was really close to an outpost. Grabbed a tank and a couple of marines and just nuked him. :-)

Love the game, tbh. Hopefully some good DLC before too long. I want to play the campaign again but I'll wait til they make it co-op.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Why didn't the repulsor make an appearance in the campaign? Far more fun and useful than the thruster
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Possibly because they couldn’t come up with an upgrade path for it.
  • Djornson wrote:
    The equipment/abilities whatever they are called (grapple/thrusters/sensor/shield) are really really awesome, it feels like they finally nailed the idea that started in 3. Some of the stuff they result in (especially the grappleshot) are just so Halo. I love when you are on low health and in trouble and you perform a grapple (fully upgraded) stun everybody and win against the odds. You feel like you deserve the 'demon' moniker, like, how is he doing this?!

So true. Its been an excellent addition. You know something is good when you start thinking about how you can use it just for fun. Trying to clear a room just using the grapple attack? Why not, its FUN!
    SFV - reddave360
  • I've just realised I never once went airborne in a vehicle in the entire campaign. Never came across a wasp.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I think you can only get a Wasp from FOBs. Banshees can be found in a few locations, or skyjacked.
  • A what now?  Wasp?  What's that?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    I agree Yoss, the grapple shot was a fantastic addition to Halo's sandbox and one that allowed for great expression and player agency. I did in the end start using the threat sensor too, just to identify what types of enemies I was going up against - numbers wasn't much of a factor, type was everything.

Think I will wait now for an update on where the campaign is going and/or the general sandbox of Zeta - have around 70 hours on the campaign so I've had enough for the moment. I would with some degree of confidence place Infinite alongside CE as the best Halo without much reservation if I am being honest.

I mean, co-op campaign on this is going to be fucking epic...
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    A what now?  Wasp?  What's that?

b36ffebbfc613ce92e028536acaaf98f.jpg
  • Damn, haven't seen/unlocked it.  Not played in a while, still have lots to do.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Don't worry you're not missing much, there about as useful as a rope in a game of snooker.

Edit* Well, they are decent for traversal if you don't get ambushed by pop-in Banshee's - but for combat scenarios a Banshee is 100 times better.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    It’s got roughly the same number of HP as a grunt. But yes, great for traversal.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    I was thinking last night the Zeta sandbox would be a fantastic place for asynchronous multiplayer with teams being dropped in at random points to complete objective based missions - due to the level design and the way in which you can view large parts of the map at any one time given the proper elevation I just had flashes of seeing other teams off in the distance zeroing in on an objectives while you're tooling up.

I'm not talking Battle Royal type rubbish here, I talking more 70/30 PvE/PvP - for reference, people who have played Destiny, similar in concept to Gambit expect inside a large sandbox (although perhaps the sandbox would be a vertical slice for the sake of efficiency)
  • I would love it if you guys could visit my 'world' and go save some marines together. They should do events where more banished arrive to refresh the map when you 'completed' it.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I suspect that they have plans for that map. If this is going to be a 10 year game or whatever it was that they were talking about (presumably with chunky SP DLC drops), then there will be more use made of what they already have.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Warthog grand prix comes to mind ;)
  • Ohh yeah they could make the map bigger like some new area just discovered or something
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Djornson wrote:
    I would love it if you guys could visit my 'world' and go save some marines together. They should do events where more banished arrive to refresh the map when you 'completed' it.

Man if a persistent version came out that would be so cool.
  • I would be massively up for a warthog hill climb challenge.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Hah, that would be extremely good fun!
  • Using Zeta for multiplayer other than co-op sounds awesome. I've zero faith 343 could pull it off mind.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    It’s got roughly the same number of HP as a grunt. But yes, great for traversal.

All the vehicles seem a bit light in this one, but I guess because you can easily access them from the FOB thats for Balance. 

I found the Banshee too weak to bother with when I've seen it. That said, using the grapple hook to hijack one never gets old.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Using Zeta for multiplayer other than co-op sounds awesome. I've zero faith 343 could pull it off mind.

I wonder what sort of multiplayer mode might work for a big open world. Tricky.

In other news to no one’s surprise the BTB ‘fix’ hasn’t fixed anything.
    GT: Knight640
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Like I said, could be mission or target based. For example:

4 teams of 4 dropped into the map, with the goal being to scale the highest peak and deploy a sensor to contact orbiting ships. Along the way to the top there would be Banished but not only that, you'd also have to compete with the other teams. Hence my comment about it being like 70/30 PvE => PvP.

I mean, the scope and possibilities are pretty much endless if they have the imagination for it.
  • Battle Royale is going in there isn't it?
  • Fuck me they cant even get BTB working despite it working fine for weeks before.
  • I really like this new game mode, it's good fun.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Battle Royale is going in there isn't it?

Investing lots of resources into making a BR mode would explain why everything else feels unfinished. But given their net code can’t handle 8 players, what with the desync, I’m not confident about what’d happen with 100+!
    GT: Knight640
  • Captured all the FOBs, rescued all the marcines, destroyed all the purple base things, just one high value target left to kill, found an artifact, love flying around in the wasp, jumped out of wasp grapple hooked a banshee that was shooting me and stole. Man i love this game. Oh yeah and i love the little touches like the fact that after you have finished all the main missions the speech coming from the propaganda towers changes to like 'we tried so hard! how did we lose?'
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Thanks for the games last night Chalice and Grem, didn't always go our way but it's a grand old time with a few laughs and a drink by ones side.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!