PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    @Djornson

The artifacts are cool huh, found a really nice one by a waterfall.
  • Fucking hungover this morning ha ha wtf that was a laugh though cheers boys.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    4:30 I got to sleep ffs! Was a good laugh alright though. BTB shenanigans always a good laugh!
  • Fucking hungover this morning ha ha wtf that was a laugh though cheers boys.

Yeah, good games - wish I'd stayed in longer instead of just falling asleep in the armchair!
    Gamertag: gremill
  • I honestly don't remember going to bed ha ha
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Bollocks. Been slowly working my way through the Harbinger fight to finish off my legendary playthrough. It’s a pain in the arse, last night I managed to get through the first and second waves of enemies to leave myself on the second damage phase on the Harbinger. Just now I managed to clear that to get a checkpoint ahead of the final wave. Just got killed, the game crashed and I’ve been dumped back outside before the fight has even begun.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Going back to the boss discussion, I’ve generally not minded them, but the Harbinger is fucking awful.
  • Same. I was fine with them all except last one.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Going back to the boss discussion, I’ve generally not minded them, but the Harbinger is fucking awful.

I've only done the one on the ship and the one in the tower, but the were both fucking awful.

The one in the tower might be the worst thing I've ever played in any Halo, so I'm sure looking forward to this Harbinger...
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    With the one in the tower, as long as you kept moving, you’d likely stay alive. With the Harbinger, even that won’t keep you safe.
  • The opposite I found. I had to hide in the middle, otherwise I'd get twatted by an invisible cunt charging at 100mph, and I couldn't get out of the way because I had to use that shitty radar thing rather than the grappling hook.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Learning to switch between equipment is important for that boss, and many others. R, R on the d-pad gets you back to grapple, you just need to learn what gets you back to the equipment you want to use (it’s R, D for the threat sensor).
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Halo bosses: not for fuds
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Learning to switch between equipment is important for that boss

Yeah i learned that basically... after i'd completed it! Also realised i hadn't upgraded my shield once lol oops
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Got her.

That’s my legendary run done, so I’m now sitting on two 100% saves.

Overall, this has been superb, and I think it does just about take the spot of my favourite Halo.

Sure, there are parts that could be improved, more set-pieces would have been nice, a bit more could have been done with the open world, in particular the AI in the open world, some more variety in environments would have been nice, another large outdoor traditional Halo level or two wouldn’t have gone amiss, the last boss is terrible and the story is the usual Halo impenetrable bollocks.

But even with all of that going on, I still loved it. The combat is superb, the grapple is just an amazing addition to the sandbox, always allowing you to close gaps with opponents, get out of the way or strip an enemy’s shields. The rest of the equipment all comes in useful too, to finish the game on legendary, I had to employ it all at various points in the game.

While I mentioned above that the open world could have had more done with it, I did love what 343 did do with it. Exploring, finding upgrades and marines to save, digging through weird alien architecture, the larger, wider battles that allowed you to approach them however you wanted, the level Pelican Down in particular, which may be the highlight of the game for me, offering a condensed version of the wider freedom that you experience in the main game.

Beyond that, Forerunner designs have never looked better and the game sounded fantastic, the music is a real highlight.

Looking forward to seeing how 343 build on what they’ve got here.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Learning to switch between equipment is important for that boss, and many others. R, R on the d-pad gets you back to grapple, you just need to learn what gets you back to the equipment you want to use (it’s R, D for the threat sensor).

It absolutely does not tell you that, and in fact gives the opposite impression because Weapon keeps banging on about using the tracker.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I didn’t say it did tell you that?

But yeah, use the tracker, just not exclusively the tracker.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    I didn’t say it did tell you that? But yeah, use the tracker, just not exclusively the tracker.

I'm not saying you did, I'm saying it's bad game design.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Kinda feels like standard Halo game design to me? Give you a set of tools, step back and let you work out how to make the most of them.
  • Defo could be a better way to switch grenades and equipment for sure
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I can’t think of a better way myself, except maybe through a pause menu which causes other issues with the game flow. Cycling through a list would definitely be worse.

There’s a bit of effort involved in this in learning the combinations, but once you do, it works pretty well, IMO.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    I can’t think of a better way myself, except maybe through a pause menu which causes other issues with the game flow. Cycling through a list would definitely be worse. There’s a bit of effort involved in this in learning the combinations, but once you do, it works pretty well, IMO.

Its not ideal but once you learn it, its much better than a pause menu. 

Infinite is the first Halo where I actually really tinkered with the controls. Very happy with my current button config but its very different to what the default would be.
    SFV - reddave360
  • I'd much rather have the cycle through with left or right on the d-pad. It's just not intuitive for me even after I learned it. Even a radial menu would be preferable but it'll do I suppose.

Meanwhile player populations are falling off bad on this one already. Not what they need right now...
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    It is a radial menu. You press left or right to open the menu then in the direction for whatever you want to choose. It even appears as a 4 point radial menu in the bottom right.

Edit: but yeah, cycling is terrible. You have to remember where things appear in relation to each other in a list to make quick switches, and remember what you’ve currently got selected before you can make the change. At least with this it’s always the same two presses to select any particular grenade or piece of equipment.
  • I listen to the audio queue. There's a different sound for each grenade. I always default to stickies whenever I pick them up anyway so I only ever press a button once. It just gets annoying when you've got several different grenades in your inventory. Saying that, it was only really an issue in campaign.
  • There's a different sound for each grenade.

Wow i did not know that lol
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Learning the shortcuts for tools and grenades was worth the few hours it took to build up muscle memory as it pays dividends in the end-game against those bullshit bosses.

I enjoyed my run through on the campaign and I am interested to see where they take it, the multiplayer is still entertaining me every other night -- if they can fix the server issues I think it has great longevity.
  • I've upgraded all abilities and have 2 spartan cores left. Apparently there are 45 cores and it takes 45 to fully upgrade all the abilities AND the achievement hasn't popped yet. I can't see another core anywhere. Annoying but i did enjoy just flying around taking in the sights.
  • I went looking for a core and an mjolnir on the far East of the map (both quite close together) and couldn't find either. Weirdly, the mjolnir site had all of the gear clutter you usually get but no armour locker.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Djornson wrote:
    Apparently there are 45 cores and it takes 45 to fully upgrade all the abilities.

You sure about that? I fully upgraded without getting all the cores. I got the fully upgraded achievement a long time ago but still hunting down cores.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!