Commute
  • That's another reason I'm not cycling, all my tops are dark, need to get a fleuro or whatever the fuck they are called. I also have a full face helmet.

Nah man, cycling is the best way to commute. Forget about the hi-vis, they're not really that great anyway and don't work when it's dark. Get yourself a decent pair of lights, blinking for the day time and constant at night and you'll be grand. I used to commute with a full face no problemos.

1ii7yHQ.jpg

But when I worked in recruitment, we were always warned to be careful about candidates who had to commute more than an hour. It was all good in their honeymoon period but after a few months they's get sick of the drive and leave.
    aaaaaAAH FA-SHION!
  • Like a mid-series Red Dwarf villain.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Where do I post my wallet?
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Make sure it's nice and full and then to <insert address here>
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Commuting by bicycle in a city like Southampton (with barely any cycle lanes and mental and/or inept drivers) is equivalent to sticking your head in a lion's mouth and flicking his nadgers with a wet tea-towel.
    Mostly an idiot. Live: thedarthjim / Instagram: mrjalco / Twitter: @MrJalco
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Where do I post my wallet?

As long as it's not a sex thing I'll PM you.
    aaaaaAAH FA-SHION!
  • Jaco wrote:
    Commuting by bicycle in a city like Southampton (with barely any cycle lanes and mental and/or inept drivers) is equivalent to sticking your head in a lion's mouth and flicking his nadgers with a wet tea-towel.

Some places really suck ass to ride in, robot cars can't come soon enough.
    aaaaaAAH FA-SHION!
  • Jaco wrote:
    Commuting by bicycle in a city like Southampton (with barely any cycle lanes and mental and/or inept drivers) is equivalent to sticking your head in a lion's mouth and flicking his nadgers with a wet tea-towel.
    Some places really suck ass to ride in, robot cars can't come soon enough.

I actually had to sell my bike (beautiful powder blue and black Cove Stiffee) because it's too dangerous to ride around here on the roads and I couldn't justify it clogging up the spare room if it wasn't being used.

I miss my bike.
  • That's another reason I'm not cycling, all my tops are dark, need to get a fleuro or whatever the fuck they are called. I also have a full face helmet.
    Nah man, cycling is the best way to commute. Forget about the hi-vis, they're not really that great anyway and don't work when it's dark. Get yourself a decent pair of lights, blinking for the day time and constant at night and you'll be grand. I used to commute with a full face no problemos. 1ii7yHQ.jpg But when I worked in recruitment, we were always warned to be careful about candidates who had to commute more than an hour. It was all good in their honeymoon period but after a few months they's get sick of the drive and leave.

GCN did some tests, and in low light, reflective was rubbish, and fluoro was miles better. So my plan is a lurid yellow jacket, and some reflective strips on my bag. The biggest problem is my vast unfitness though.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Jaco wrote:
    blue and black ... Stiffee

teehee
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • My commute varies massively.
    If I leave before 7.30am it's a 15 minute drive.
    If I leave closer to 8am it's a 1 hour drive.

Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • cockbeard wrote:
    Jaco wrote:
    teehee

You absolute child.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    I'm not the one beating it black and blue like a horny teenager

edit: and yes, yes I am an utter child, just looked up and noticed it's almost half five, and I'm gonna be good and leave the office
    Nah man, cycling is the best way to commute. Forget about the hi-vis, they're not really that great anyway and don't work when it's dark. Get yourself a decent pair of lights, blinking for the day time and constant at night and you'll be grand. I used to commute with a full face no problemos. 1ii7yHQ.jpg But when I worked in recruitment, we were always warned to be careful about candidates who had to commute more than an hour. It was all good in their honeymoon period but after a few months they's get sick of the drive and leave.
    GCN did some tests, and in low light, reflective was rubbish, and fluoro was miles better. So my plan is a lurid yellow jacket, and some reflective strips on my bag. The biggest problem is my vast unfitness though.

This is what I tell everyone man. Stop overthinking it and just do it. Cycling will improve your fitness. Don't let that be a barrier.
    aaaaaAAH FA-SHION!
  • cockbeard wrote:
    Jaco wrote:
    teehee

8==D
    aaaaaAAH FA-SHION!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!