Sport Club Greek Mega Thread
  • Yeah me neither it doesn't seem too bad. We've had some fun matches and it's only once every 4 (5...) years, and everyone gets to have some fun watching their teams have a hope of getting out of the group. What's the issue innit
  • There's no nice way to bring up diddy nations, try as I might

Diddy nation that made your boys look piss poor.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    digi wrote:
    There's no nice way to bring up diddy nations, try as I might

It's like City v Burnley. It's their cup final. Let em have a moment.

• Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Mount and Chilwell are out of the game tonight.
  • Chillwell was already never going to play.
  • and mount probably needs a rest and hopefully Sancho or similar will come in so silver lining
  • It will be Henderson.
    Got to play it safe.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Is this the first Euros with the third place qualifying? I'm not really a fan of so many going through. We have played three matches each to cull 8 teams, we will do the same in the next round in a single match. It has a feeling of exhibition to the group stages rather than filtering out the best and worst of teams.

No, Euro 2016 had it as well. Northern Ireland and Portugal went through with 3 points, which was fortunate for Portugal, since they went on to win it.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    It does seem a bit mental to only cut 2 teams. If they really wanted to open it up, then have 8 groups of 4 and top two from each group. Yes more chance of a few dead rubbers, but you could incentivise that with nation's league promotions or similar. Plus more teams involved, helps grow the support in those respective countries
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • They cut 8 teams from 24. All the six bottom teams go as well.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    They cut 8 teams from 24. All the six bottom teams go as well.

I know, just couldn't be arsed to type. But still it makes it pretty difficult to go out of the tournament. Especially when the groups are seeded, so there's always likely to be a whipping boy in each one. Another 8 teams also means a lot more shipping boys too. Hmm maybe 7 of 4, best 4 3rds playoff for remaining two spots, gives a little extra rest time for those that did qualify, if too complicated just just the top two 3rd spots. Just feels like it should be the exception not the rule
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    digi wrote:
    There's no nice way to bring up diddy nations, try as I might

Hahaha
  • England are quite capable of looking piss poor on their own thank you.
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    I’d love it <Keegan.gif> if England finish 3rd in the group and come back to these comments about 3rd place qualifying.
    Spoiler:

Copa America is worse 4 teams out of a group of 5 get through.
    Things can only get better.
  • If England finished 3rd it would be a failure and we would have no business qualifying. I would rather be put out our misery and get a manager in that has a pair.
  • What about if they won the tournament tho’
  • Tainted like Greece.
    Also wont happen because the first time we meet a skilled defence we will stop getting as many set pieces and wont be able to score.
  • Tainted like greece?! What!?
  • Won  it by being boring as fuck. Although at least Greece were massive underdogs.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    That’s a thought, how is it possible that two England players are being benched for being close contacts of Gilmour while no Scottish players are getting the same?
  • Greece ruined football forever. football died that day
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Yossarian wrote:
    That’s a thought, how is it possible that two England players are being benched for being close contacts of Gilmour while no Scottish players are getting the same?

Masonic conspiracy. You've no idea how high this goes. Turn away.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Tainted like Greece. Also wont happen because the first time we meet a skilled defence we will stop getting as many set pieces and wont be able to score.
    I take this back Scotland already did this.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    England are quite capable of looking piss poor on their own thank you.

Your welcome.
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    Great defensive move there Liv.
    Things can only get better.
  • mannaboy wrote:
    Great defensive move there Liv.
    That's nothing, wait until Southgate replaces Mount with Henderson and becomes the first manager ever to play 3 CDMs at once
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Livdiv exemplifying England fans of today. We are all Gareth's reserve rightback
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Just fed up with negative football. As a ratio between attack and defense this is about as heavily leaning towards attack as England have had in decades and we have 'chicken korma hold the spice' for a manager.

I want 2 goals from open play tonight or I'm writing off the tournament. I don't even care if we lose 3-2 doing it.
    2 goals, open play. No pens, corners, free kicks or own goals. And I want them proper as well, not Phillips scoring with his arse as the ball rebounds around the box.
  • Plot twist: England also a diddy team.
  • 4th in the world fuck you Englant am Best!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!