Superhero Films: Will They Ever Take Off?
  • Come with g if you want to live...
  • They will only ever be one Catwoman and we all know who that is.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Blocks100 wrote:
    They will only ever be one Catwoman and we all know who that is.

1531407474-catwoman-halle-berry-licks-lips.gif
    SFV - reddave360
  • Nope.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether or Eartha Kitt.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I'm in for BATMAN cause Pattinson and Dano. It'll be as suitably wank as the others though.
  • monkey wrote:
    The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether or Eartha Kitt.

Alright Alan ;)
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Omg omg omg, finally saw Spiderman and it was everything I wanted and more.
    Perfect
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • monkey wrote:
    The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether or Eartha Kitt.
    Alright Alan ;)
    W5rd81Wq0ika.gif
  • Come with g if you want to live...
  • A mate warned me that the trailer is spoilerific. Anyone else who has seen it vouch for that?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Lots of cameo spoilers in that trailer.
    Spoiler:
  • I cant believe its all been done with practical effects.
  • hahaha
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • They've used the my favourite 'turn someone into cubes' special effect again.
  • I didn't know who that girl hanging out with Strange was supposed to be so I looked her up and it's absolute batshit.
    America Chavez believed she was raised by her mothers in the Utopian Parallel, a reality that is out of time and in the presence of the being known as the Demiurge, whose presence she credited with imbuing her with superpowers. In her memory, when Chavez was approximately six years old, the Utopian Parallel was threatened by destruction. Chavez's mothers sacrificed themselves to seal the black holes resulting in their particles being smeared across the Multiverse itself. Wanting to prove herself as a hero and knowing Utopia didn't require salvation, Chavez ran away from her home and her responsibilities. She traveled across different realities, eventually adopted the moniker of Miss America, and began covertly acting as a superhero.

Chavez eventually joined the Teen Brigade and served as co-leader with Ultimate Nullifier. With the Teen Brigade, she freed the In-Betweener from the government confinement center, Groom Lake Adjacent in Nevada. With information from the In-Betweener, the Teen Brigade set out to prevent the Young Masters of Evil from disrupting the balance between chaos and order. To stop the Young Masters from recruiting Kid Loki, Chavez broke into the Metropolitan Art Museum, but Loki used the Screaming Idol to send her to the Sixth Dimension. There she fought Tiboro, and was later rescued by the Last Defenders, She-Hulk and Daimon Hellstrom, under the direction of the In-Betweener. She rejoined her teammates in Latveria where they fought the Braak'nhüd, Young Masters and Doctor Doom. The battle was ended when Ultimate Nullifier shot the In-Betweener. While the smoke cleared, the Teen Brigade covertly departed. Chavez would later part ways with the Teen Brigade due to "musical differences".
  • Sounds legit.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Except for the names and a few other changes, that's basically the story of H from steps.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • :D
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • monkey wrote:
    I didn't know who that girl hanging out with Strange was supposed to be so I looked her up and it's absolute batshit.
    America Chavez believed she was raised by her mothers in the Utopian Parallel, a reality that is out of time and in the presence of the being known as the Demiurge, whose presence she credited with imbuing her with superpowers. In her memory, when Chavez was approximately six years old, the Utopian Parallel was threatened by destruction. Chavez's mothers sacrificed themselves to seal the black holes resulting in their particles being smeared across the Multiverse itself. Wanting to prove herself as a hero and knowing Utopia didn't require salvation, Chavez ran away from her home and her responsibilities. She traveled across different realities, eventually adopted the moniker of Miss America, and began covertly acting as a superhero.

Chavez eventually joined the Teen Brigade and served as co-leader with Ultimate Nullifier. With the Teen Brigade, she freed the In-Betweener from the government confinement center, Groom Lake Adjacent in Nevada. With information from the In-Betweener, the Teen Brigade set out to prevent the Young Masters of Evil from disrupting the balance between chaos and order. To stop the Young Masters from recruiting Kid Loki, Chavez broke into the Metropolitan Art Museum, but Loki used the Screaming Idol to send her to the Sixth Dimension. There she fought Tiboro, and was later rescued by the Last Defenders, She-Hulk and Daimon Hellstrom, under the direction of the In-Betweener. She rejoined her teammates in Latveria where they fought the Braak'nhüd, Young Masters and Doctor Doom. The battle was ended when Ultimate Nullifier shot the In-Betweener. While the smoke cleared, the Teen Brigade covertly departed. Chavez would later part ways with the Teen Brigade due to "musical differences".

This is why, despite enjoying the mcu stuff, I will never even try to pick up a marvel comic.
    SFV - reddave360
  • In the series America Chavez: Made in the USA, what Chavez knew about her background was called into question. Her previously unknown sister, Catalina, forced her to remember that her mothers were not aliens, but human doctors Amalia and Elena Chavez. The doctors took their daughters to a private island called the Utopian Parallel to attempt to cure the disease Edges Syndrome, but discovered their benefactor had evil plans for all the girls brought there. The doctors sacrificed themselves to free America and Catalina, but only America escaped. Catalina suggests that America made up the alien universe story as a coping mechanism

Some Marvel stuff is totally batshit, but other stuff really isn't.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Except for the names and a few other changes, that's basically the story of H from steps.

Hit quote to complain then saw 'from steps' so here we are.
  • Some Marvel stuff is totally batshit, but other stuff really isn't.

Yeah, everyone can enjoy Captain Kate Pryde.
  • New Strange looks great - I'm most excited about Sam Raimi directing though. I can't imagine he would've taken it unless he was given a significant amount of creative control.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Gremill wrote:
    New Strange looks great - I'm most excited about Sam Raimi directing though. I can't imagine he would've taken it unless he was given a significant amount of lovely cash

SFV - reddave360
  • This is the guy who walked away from Spider-Man 4, so I doubt that money was the deciding factor.
  • poprock wrote:
    Without Brian Singer’s X-Men films you wouldn’t have all the Marvel stuff nowadays. The first one convinced Hollywood that superhero comic films could be taken seriously, for a (mostly) adult audience.

Singer and Solid Snake aye.
    It was Hayter's script that kickstarted the whole thing.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • This is the guy who walked away from Spider-Man 4, so I doubt that money was the deciding factor.

I am being a bit unfair on Raimi, but it's more a knock on marvel. They get in big name directors but have a tendency of putting out very similar films despite this. But I'm hopeful it's a good movie and I do like the marvel style but I feel know they should really be trying different types of movie, not just director.
    SFV - reddave360
  • I think they're developing away from that. A bit. Maybe. The first Strange was quite good even though it was very much written to the Marvel Origin Movie Template.
  • Animatic for the original Batfleck Batman film that morphed into the upcoming R Bats one.
    Batman v Deathstroke

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!