jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    That was fun if a little too long, rather over-the-top with the Wakanda battle (especially since we saw that exact same big fight only a few months ago), way too obvious that none of the ash deaths will be sustained (by ash-death at least), and several amazingly bad disembodied heads moving in CGI robot suit moments (the external shots), but many genuinely impressive action sequences, generally good humour, and a surprising level of coherence for a movie with so much going on throughout it.

It's not my favourite Marvel film but it's not far off.
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    Oh, I also liked that Edinburgh was geographically accurate on the whole. With a bit of flighty/flighty action the cuts between Cockburn Street, The City Chambers and Royal Mile, the roof of St. Giles and then Waverley Station all made reasonable sense. I don't believe that any trains pass at high speed through Waverley though so the part where Cap appeared was kind of silly, plus where were the random drunk stag/hen dos in the background?
  • Infinity war 1 & 2 were shot back to back. Somewhere in some vault infinity war part 2 is sitting there, embargoed until May 2019......
  • So this isn't in the film:

Jeij4f3JDtfhySX2U5goue-650-80.jpg

2 possibilities.

1. made for the trailer (Hulk rules it out from an actual A3 image)

2. it's actually a scene from A4.

I think it's that latter. It's gonna be called Avengers: Quantum Leap or something and is going to be Cap's time-traveling consciousness visiting key moments from the previous films climaxing in a re-run of A3's finale but with a proper game plan (and Hulk now on-board). 

Sounds about right.
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • They do shots like that with them all together just for the ads.
  • jdanielp wrote:
    Oh, I also liked that Edinburgh was geographically accurate on the whole. With a bit of flighty/flighty action the cuts between Cockburn Street, The City Chambers and Royal Mile, the roof of St. Giles and then Waverley Station all made reasonable sense. I don't believe that any trains pass at high speed through Waverley though so the part where Cap appeared was kind of silly, plus where were the random drunk stag/hen dos in the background?

Had the same thought. The centre of Edinburgh has never ever been that quiet, especially before the last trains back to Glasgow have left. No-one even taking up the kind deep-fried kebab offer.

• It would have been dumb to have had a shot of Banner in the Hulkbuster suit, because that raises too many questions they don't want asked, so if they were going to make up a shot with all the heroes then you just do Hulk.
  • War machine man. Forgot his name, is looking really old now isn't he.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • pantyfire wrote:
    War machine man. Forgot his name, is looking really old now isn't he.

Yeah, Terence Howard really aged between iron man 1 and 2....
    SFV - reddave360
  • Well that was just great. I know that the whole ash death is going to be reversed in the next film but I gotta admit having a tear in my eye at Spider-Man’s death scene.

Hulk refusing to come out and play made me laugh and Drax being “invisible” really tickled me.

Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Are the survivors going to sacrifice themselves for the ashy dead?
    We just don't know.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    pantyfire wrote:
    War machine man. Forgot his name, is looking really old now isn't he.

Yeah, Terence Howard really aged between iron man 1 and 2....

:D
  • Theres a good chance they could all stay dead for the events of the next film and be brought back for the ending.

Think about it, we have the main players of stark, cap, rocket racoon and we know so far we have been introduced to adam warlock and captain marvel has a missed call/page.

We also saw the original guardians of the galaxy in gotg2 (sylvester stalone etc).

We saw future stand in spidey in homecoming too.

Theres also deadpool and his x force who could join in too.

I think it would be brave and maybe not to everyones liking but it would make the deaths seem more pernament, before ta da, happy ending.
  • digi wrote:

Nah, Marvel aren’t going to start crossing over with 20th C. Fox on this.
  • I depends if/when the Fox deal goes though.
  • digi wrote:
    We saw future stand in spidey in homecoming too.
    Who is that?
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • poprock wrote:
    digi wrote:

Nah, Marvel aren’t going to start crossing over with 20th C. Fox on this.

I think deadpool is best skirting around the marvel edges. He'd be an unwelcome distraction in this because I think he only works when he is the main focus.
    SFV - reddave360
  • We saw future stand in spidey in homecoming too.
    Who is that?

I don't think we did.  But the Donald Glover character is the uncle of Miles Morales (who becomes Spiderman, as a result of said uncle's criminal activities.  Glover also voices him in the animated Spiderman show and Oh-My-God-why-do-I-know-this?!?)
  • because you're a cooooooool cucumber
  • Top geeking Tin.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Also, Miles is fucking awesome, but we need to hold off on him until Peter is older than him, because that relationship is amazing, and won't work if they're within the same age bracket.
  • Oh shit, lets have Miguel be sent back from 2099 for Infinity Wars 2:Electric Boogaloo.
  • Spiderman 2 takes place hours after infinity war 2. So I'd presume something from IW2 spills into spidey 2. X-men being incorporated into the current universe is years away according to one of the big bosses for the marvel universe. Read that somewhere.
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    X-men being incorporated into the current universe is years away according to one of the big bosses for the marvel universe.  

They’d be daft to try bringing X-Men into the fold now anyway. Jackman is Wolverine in the same way RDJ is Tony Stark. Such perfect casting that nobody else could take the role. Leave it 20 years and start afresh.
  • poprock wrote:
    Dinostar77 wrote:
    X-men being incorporated into the current universe is years away according to one of the big bosses for the marvel universe.  

They’d be daft to try bringing X-Men into the fold now anyway. Jackman is Wolverine in the same way RDJ is Tony Stark. Such perfect casting that nobody else could take the role. Leave it 20 years and start afresh.

If you's are on about what i was saying it wasn't x-men i said it was x-force (as seen in daredevil 2 trailer).
    Highly unlikely but if half the galaxy just disappeared everyone in marvel is affected.
  • Deadpool and X-Force are from the X-Men side of things, and the films produced by 20th Century Fox … ie. separate from these Marvel Studios movies. Never the twain shall meet, etc. Same for the Fantastic Four ones, so don’t expect to see Silver Surfer to turn up and sort out Thanos either.
  • Disney are buying out 20th Century Fox
  • Don't Disney own both now though?
    SFV - reddave360

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!