Infinity War Spoilers thread
  • Nebula uses the Gauntlet to undo what Thanos did.
  • Nebula Star Lord uses the Gauntlet to undo what Thanos did.

I genuinely can’t remember who turned to dust and who didn’t. That’s how unaffecting character death was getting was by the end.
  • Star lord did.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • poprock wrote:
    Nebula Star Lord uses the Gauntlet to undo what Thanos did. I genuinely can’t remember who turned to dust and who didn’t. That’s how unaffecting character death was getting was by the end.

Ah now, dont be silly. There were 4 main deaths (Gamora, Heimdall, Loki and Vision) and each was given pretty good attention. The huge amount of people turned to dust was meant to be random to an extent (thats Thanos whole plan) and Parker is the main death in that scene.
    SFV - reddave360
  • I think he means who was dusted and who was alive.
  • I'll let him clarify but if its just the dust stuff then yeah, but there was no way around it. I took it to mean that there was so many deaths during the film that he was unaffected. 

But even if it is the dust, I thought some of them were done well - especially Spiderman. That he crumbled in starks arms was great and a nice pay off to Stark being over protective all this time. It didn't matter that Parker was with Stark on titan - he was dust anyway.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Well yeah, but the problem is we know that's not going to stick because Spider-Man 2. That removes any weight from what would otherwise be an amazing scene.

What makes that scene even better is that Tom Holland ad-libbed the line according to Joe Russo, and it's just perfect.
  • I think he means who was dusted and who was alive.

Yep.

And by the end I was losing grasp on who was dusted and who wasn’t. So many, so quickly, that the emotional impact fell away. I remember Doc Strange and Spidey being dusted, and Fury in the post-credits bit, but otherwise I’m a bit fuzzy. Groot, I think?
  • Well yeah, but the problem is we know that's not going to stick because Spider-Man 2. That removes any weight from what would otherwise be an amazing scene. What makes that scene even better is that Tom Holland ad-libbed the line according to Joe Russo, and it's just perfect.

Thats awesome from Holland. I have to admit, I was quite moved by that bit. There was a story a while back here in Ireland of a 4 year old boy who was hit by a car and died in his mothers arms and his words were similar. My daughter was only 2 I think and it was very hard to watch the mother and father describing the incident but they were doing it as part of a road safety campaign. 

Anyway sorry to go a bit dark but thats what Hollands words took me back to. 

As for the problem with such and such being back for their new movie, I wonder does it make a difference if marvel announce these titles or not because even if they hadnt spoilers that a new black panther/ spiderman / gaurdians film would have been leaked anyway.

For people who dont follow these things too closely and I imagine for kids watching, I'm guessing the effect is a lot different then us cynical bastards.
    SFV - reddave360
  • poprock wrote:
    I think he means who was dusted and who was alive.
    Yep. And by the end I was losing grasp on who was dusted and who wasn’t. So many, so quickly, that the emotional impact fell away. I remember Doc Strange and Spidey being dusted, and Fury in the post-credits bit, but otherwise I’m a bit fuzzy. Groot, I think?

well, fair enough I guess but I think that was the point - so many going so quickly. I think they were going for the overall sense of loss (hence why everything is so quiet)
    SFV - reddave360
  • The original avengers, Rocket, Nebula and Warmachine are left alive, plus some Wakandan people I don't know. Very clear indication that there will be a passing of torches.
  • I stand to be corrected but:

Dead Dead - Vision, Gamora (or possibly in the soul stone), Loki, Heimdall

Dusted - Black Panther, Falcon, Spider Man, Nick Fury, Scarlett Witch, Winter Soldier, Star Lord, Drax, Mantis, Groot, Doc Strange, Maria Hill (like many here, I'm thinking these are in the Soul Stone or some type of alt dimension)

Not Dusted - Cap America, Iron Man, Hulk, Rocket Racoon, Thor (top hero for the movie for me) War Machine, Black Widow, Nebula, Okoye, M'Baku 

TBC - Hawkeye, Ant Man, Wasp , Shuri (I'm not sure on this one but I think the last we see of here is during the battle) Wong, Ned, Valkyrie and Korg (possibly they were killed during Thanos attack on the asgard ship) The Collector (although I would take it he is dead) , Captain Marvel.

Greatly Missed - Maw - in any other film this guy would have been a great villain. I loved the look, the presentation and his overall character. The other Black order guys were a bit meh but this guy was great.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Maw just got frozen....Im sure Thanos can bring him back :D
    Nidge played Maw didnt he?
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Vision won't be dead dead, because Vision never dies
  • Hawkeye's scenes as Ronin were apparently moved to the next film, so I think we can safely say that he doesn't get dusted.

Joe Russo has confirmed that Valkrie and Korg, as well as half the remaining Asgardians escaped before Thanos wiped out the rest. Which is a good thing, or the only remaining Asgardian would be Thor. So presumably we will see them when Asgard gets remade on Earth.
  • Tempy wrote:
    Vision won't be dead dead, because Vision never dies

Was Vision ever truly alive?

aOVm_f-maxage-0_s-200x150.gif
  • Joe Russo has confirmed that Valkrie and Korg, as well as half the remaining Asgardians escaped before Thanos wiped out the rest.

The appearance was total destruction of the Asgardian vessel, yet Thanos was banging on about only wiping out half of the race, as always. The film didn’t really make it clear, there.
  • poprock wrote:
    Tempy wrote:

Was Vision ever truly alive?

aOVm_f-maxage-0_s-200x150.gif

Read Tom King's excellent Vision comic for musings on questions in this area
  • Maw just got frozen....Im sure Thanos can bring him back :D Nidge played Maw didnt he?

I took it that all the Thanos children died in this. 

Also, is the Gauntlet destroyed at the end, it looks in bits. I was thinking that this is what stops Thanos from being as powerful next movie. (although Dinklebot the dwarf still has the mould for the gauntlet)

Actually in terms of the next film, I half expect Thanos to not necessarily be the main villain. Possibly he ends up regretting things or maybe he realises that what he did someone else could also do.
    SFV - reddave360
  • poprock wrote:
    Joe Russo has confirmed that Valkrie and Korg, as well as half the remaining Asgardians escaped before Thanos wiped out the rest.
    The appearance was total destruction of the Asgardian vessel, yet Thanos was banging on about only wiping out half of the race, as always. The film didn’t really make it clear, there.

Yeah, problem is it's not until later in the film it gets clear that Thanos isn't killing everyone. I liked that we skipped to the end of that battle, but we perhaps needed something making the half stuff clearer.
  • Tempy wrote:

And because they spent a large chunk of the film backing him up onto a Wakandan hard drive.  (Also why bother having Scarlet Witch and Vision as a couple at all, unless you’re planning on doing some variation of the House of M storyline in the future?)

And yes, Tom King’s Vision run is amazing.  (Seriously, I’d love Marvel to have the guts to adapt it into a TV spinoff.).
  • poprock wrote:
    Joe Russo has confirmed that Valkrie and Korg, as well as half the remaining Asgardians escaped before Thanos wiped out the rest.
    Yeah, problem is it's not until later in the film it gets clear that Thanos isn't killing everyone. I liked that we skipped to the end of that battle, but we perhaps needed something making the half stuff clearer.

Agreed. Maybe theres a line from Thor about it with the Guardians but I took it that everyone was dead. Which would be a shame as the world needs more Tessa Thompson
    SFV - reddave360
  • His plan is to only wipe out half of people. But if you attack him then he'll not discriminate in fucking you up, is what I gather. Basically he doesn't want to kill you, he wants the stones to be able to randomly dissolve people. If you get in his way of the stones then.... bye.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    Maw just got frozen....Im sure Thanos can bring him back :D Nidge played Maw didnt he?
    I took it that all the Thanos children died in this.  Also, is the Gauntlet destroyed at the end, it looks in bits. I was thinking that this is what stops Thanos from being as powerful next movie. (although Dinklebot the dwarf still has the mould for the gauntlet) Actually in terms of the next film, I half expect Thanos to not necessarily be the main villain. Possibly he ends up regretting things or maybe he realises that what he did someone else could also do.
    Oh yeah totally deaded,but wonder if permanently so
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Um, so I hadn't seen Guardians 2 before Infinity Wars. Watching it now and the Stan Lee cameo is... The Watchers???? They aren't Fantastic 4 apparently?
  • Um, so I hadn't seen Guardians 2 before Infinity Wars. Watching it now and the Stan Lee cameo is... The Watchers???? They aren't Fantastic 4 apparently?

They'd already done a deal with Fox to bring back some properties.

Now they might be buying the entire Fox TV and film division.

The Mouse is greedy like that.
    They’re probably both Fox and Marvel owned as the Watcher has been all over the place in the comics.
  • Actually it looks like Marvel can use The Watchers but not the specific character of Uatu The Watcher who was sent to Earth's moon. 
    legaldinho wrote:
    This thread is a hall of shame except for me and brooks.
    giphy.gif
  • As long as the movies stay away from cosmic characters i dont mind how IF2 gets resolved. Though scarlett witch could do with a wardrobe upgrade.
  • Oh, so you haven't watched Guardians either?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!