Slay the Spire: B&B GOTY 2018, 2020, 2021, and Forum Pariah 2019
  • I'd love to watch more of Jorbs stuff but I just utterly detest youtuber face thumbnails. He's not as bad as that other guy, admittedly.

• love it. jesus I'm such a geek for this game

• Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    nick_md wrote:
    I'd love to watch more of Jorbs stuff but I just utterly detest youtuber face thumbnails. He's not as bad as that other guy, admittedly.

Hes amazing live on Twitch. He did an exhaust 35 card deck last night, took him 45 minutes to beat one boss when he was down to 5 cards and had to grind every turn. Infinite deck. Was weirdly hypnotic.

Currently doing his so many heart kills in a month challenge. 120 this month, he's on 90 odd.
  • That's fine but if his YouTube vid has a whooooaaah face expression I can't do it.
  • Woooaaahh this deck IS UNBELIEVABLE
  • This deck IS TOO POWERFUL
  • Hand over mouth with eyes wide open WOOOAAAHH
  • I fucking hate it. Sorry, I know I'm being a twat, but twat begets twat.
  • nick_md wrote:
    I fucking hate it. Sorry, I know I'm being a twat, but twat begets twat.

Compeltely agree with you. Youtube face is something I just dont get.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Sadly it just works. For years now he’s had an editor for his vids, offloads all the work to them, sends them tons of photos they’ve requested etc. The algorithm is a bastard
  • This ALGORITHM is a BASTARD?!?!? [Woah face with mouth covered]

I hate it so much, I've not clicked on vids because of it but I know the data says otherwise. It's the same for app icons - shouting man face gets more clicks/taps. I'm just shouting at clouds.
  • The irony is that Jorbs is the least youtube man alive, a placid little angel.
  • I don’t know how the algorithm works but my suspicion is that one massive Youtuber uses this format and the computer can’t distinguish between people just watching the popular guy and the normal thumbnail they use and then reading the wrong conclusion
  • suddenly this game is incredible again. I really can't count how many times I thought I was reaching the end point of my enjoyment with it, only for the cycle to begin again anew.
  • It's got to be one of the best games of all time. I don't even like the genre particularly, every time I try anything apparently similar it's nowhere near as good. I would quite like something new to be released for it now though, another character or two.
  • I can't decide between this and factorio; the two games I have played most by a very wide margin.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I keep eyeing up Factorio but I'm into Rimworld atm.

I also go through StS binges. Can go months without playing and then rack up a ridiculous amount of hours in a week.
  • Finally defeated the heart with defect. Its been a long time coming.... but did it with 3 health left.

Not sure I have the stomach for getting the watcher all the way to heart.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Watcher is by and far the worst character tbf
  • It's the one character where I feel sometimes you just can't win. Brilliant when your plan works and the cards fall your way but more than the other three I often feel completely fucked depending on the how the cards come out.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Her learning curve is a bit different from the others insofar as she's especially punishing of suboptimal decisions, but also notably easier when fewer mistakes are made. I just find her kind of boring tbh. her overpowered cards/combos can just brute force their way through many of the battles without much variations in strategy, at least not compared to the other characters.
  • Yeah - watcher has the best cards. She's also the easiest to mess up, which kind of balances it.

I think she's fun to play when you're learning how she does her thing, but after that it doesn't feel like there's anywhere else to take her. With the other characters it feels like you have to play your cards into your relics, but with watcher her cards are so strong it doesn't matter. Picking the cards that let Watcher do what she does is way more important.
  • Aye, watcher is very powerful but there's no margin for error. One miscalculation and the run is over espescially on heart runs.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • True. with the other characters I still- after over 1000 hours- frequently get these wow moments, where something completely new and original seems to be coming together; some way of manipulating my deck/energy/draw which, in combination with relics + careful play, has the potential to brush aside everything the pool of potential opponents has to offer. Not only does it feel more varied, but also many of the cards belonging to the other characters serve as tools for niche problems you're likely to encounter along the way. watcher cards are so strong that they're almost multipurpose.  

sure, all the characters have cards which are typically strong (footwork, corruption, glacier.. it could be a long list), but they aren't always strong, and there will be countless occasions where it isn't right to take them, given the likely future matchups. I don't think the same could be said-  or at least not to the same extent- of watcher cards, like cut through fate, empty fist, wallop, lesson learned, scrawl, vault, talk to the hand etc etc. sure there are times when I wouldn't take one of those cards, but they are considerably rarer, and most of my successful watcher runs will probably take one of each along the way.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Started again on Xbox. Ironclad Asc 3 last night.

Juggernaut+, Impervious+ x2, Body Slam+ x 2, Metallicize+ x 2, Barricade. Had one outright attack card. Everything else was block in a 26 card deck. Finished the run with 999 block, taken 6 damage v Awakened One.

Loved that build so much, wish I'd gone for the Heart.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Rage+ was the beaut of the deck. Block on top of block.
  • rage is one of those cards I know can be great but I'm not very confident taking it. same for barricade, actually.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Game was just chucking high tier block cards at me from the first fight, one of those runs where you already know its meta so just go with it. Game basically saying 'this one's on me mate'

Third floor was ridiculously easy.
  • Love it  when that happens. I nearly had one the other day with a glorious selection cards and relics to scale my strength and energy by sacrificing health. I was hyped as fuck, as it effortlessly incorporated a bunch of different cards I seldom make part of the motor. But then in a moment of baffling stupidity I picked up torii (I already had tungsten rod), and the whole thing fell apart over the next couple of floors.
  • Just completed a heart run with defect on asc3.  Knew the deck was good at the beginning of the third level.  Mummified hand is a crazy good relic for defect.

GIy10Ih.jpg[img]

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!