Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Dino is the forum RadioTimes and I really appreciate it

Me too, solid work Dino.

Is The Thing the original? The prequel has popped up on Netflix. My brother shocked me to my core when he watched the original a few weeks ago and said it was shite! Silly sod.
  • The original is a 1950s movie. The one tonight is john carpenters movie with Kurt Russell. Absolute classic scifi
  • I tried to convince the wife that The Thing is a perfect film to watch at Christmas thanks to the snowy setting and the whole concept that nobody can be trusted and one of the “family” might be an absolute monster. Just like Christmas with the relatives...
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    There's a bit of a plot hole/error in Carpenter's The Thing that I'm hoping someone can clarify for me:
    Spoiler:

I dunno, someone set me straight. By the way, and hopefully before anyone gets upset, it's taken me about ten watches to notice this, so it's obviously not a big issue and hasn't ruined my opinion of it, it's an outright classic.
  • Im gonna watch tonight and watchout for the bit in the spoiler as i cant remember it at all.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    It doesn't really makes any sense that bit with respect to what @Paul the sparky says when I think about it. I'd need to see it again for some context. Maybe the game was up.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Hang fire, I'll see if I can dig up the scene.

Here it is:
    Spoiler:
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Toy Story 2 Jessie song scene... gets me every time... the bastards.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Likewise b0r1s, it's an act of self flagellation getting through it. Heartbreaking stuff.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Hang fire, I'll see if I can dig up the scene. Here it is:
    Spoiler:
    I love that scene. The special effects are crazy good in the film, but what I love about the effects here is that it misdirects you to thinking there's something happening with the guy's arms, when really the make-up is on the mans face to make him look like the actor. He really had no arms in real life.
    "Given how long it's taken for me to reconcile my nature, I can't figure I'd forgo it on your account."
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Likewise b0r1s, it's an act of self flagellation getting through it. Heartbreaking stuff.

Mr Wheezy brings the smiles at the end along with the outtakes.

Definitely my favourite Toy Story, especially the Buzz/Zorg Star Wars cross over :-D
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    Watched The Omen/Omen 2 with the kids yesterday, right into the Xmas spirit now.
    Things can only get better.
  • Today's Movies (a selection)

Deck the Halls 3pm 5*
    Elf 515pm ITV1
    Home Alone 530pm ch4
    The Night Before 9pm 5*
    Die Hard 2 9pm Film4
    The Game 9pm Sony Movies

• b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    That’s a strong list there Dino. Die Hard 2 is pure class.

“What do I look like to you?”

“A sitting duck!!”

:-)
  • Lol. Michael Douglas movie "The Game" is a great movie.
  • Forgot Planes, Trains and Automobiles sky1 9pm tonight
  • I’m spending the next week with the extended family and sadly none of them like sitting down and watching movies at this time of year so I’ve no hope of watching anything until after New Year’s Day.
    Goddamn relatives.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Dino also forgot 'seven brides for seven brothers' on 5 right now! :)
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Andy wrote:
    My must-watch Christmas films include films that a lot of people absolutely hate. Hey ho.

Must Watch Every Year
    Love, Actually
    Arthur Christmas
    A Christmas Carol (the Disney, Jim Carey one)
    It’s a Wonderful Life
    The Polar Express
    We're going to It's a Wonderful Life tomorrow. I'd never heard of it before I saw the theater promoting it (it's a small independent one) so I'm curious.

I've only seen The Polar Express from your list there, and don't have much of an opinion about that (don't hate it, don't love it, would probably watch in the background of someone else put it on) so we'll see how good it is.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    You will be surprised how modern It's a Wonderful Life feels. 

Has an edge to it but with an ultimate feel good ending. Stewart made it after returning from active service in World War 2 and I think the impact of that is on show.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • I am ashamed to say I have never seen It's a Wonderful Life, but I *did* see Mr Smith Goes to Washington - also directed by Frank Capra - and I loved it. Will try and give it a watch tomorrow. I'm a huge Jimmy Stewart fan. His Hitchcock movies are my favourites but I also love the many Westerns he did - Winchester 73 being the best I've seen.
    "Given how long it's taken for me to reconcile my nature, I can't figure I'd forgo it on your account."
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Oh Nina you are in for a treat. Amazing film. Watch it Muggins you won’t regret it.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Yeah I'm looking forward to it. When the theatre posted they only open for one movie on Christmas day, and it's this one, that was enough for me to be curious and go out and watch it. It's one screening, one movie tomorrow and that's it.
  • davyK wrote:
    You will be surprised how modern It's a Wonderful Life feels.

George’s speech to Potter in the board meeting, fairly early in the film, should have been played to traditional Labour voters considering voting Tory a couple of weeks ago.

A couple of parts of the BBC production of A Christmas Carol were also particularly biting, given our current political climate.
  • Mr Smith Goes to Washington is also quite a timely watch these days regarding the corruption of many politicians and a lack of compassion for the common person. Well worth a watch if you haven't seen it.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    It's A Wonderful Life is a pretty brutal film emotionally until the feel good ending, which you've earned as the audience when it arrives).
  • XOMuggins wrote:
    Hang fire, I'll see if I can dig up the scene. Here it is:
    Spoiler:
    I love that scene. The special effects are crazy good in the film, but what I love about the effects here is that it misdirects you to thinking there's something happening with the guy's arms, when really the make-up is on the mans face to make him look like the actor. He really had no arms in real life.

The way I saw it was
    Spoiler:
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Watched it's a Wonderful Life again last night. Absolutely greeting by the end. I love that film
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Top, top film!
  • Todays movies (a selection)

Back to the future 230pm ch4
    Elf 410pm itv2
    Home Alone 2 455pm ch4
    Jurassic World 8pm itv2
    Deadpool 9pm ch4
    Kickboxer 9pm 5 spike
    Tremors 1045pm itv4
    Midnight Run 11pm film4

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!