PS5 live event, ridicule thread so nobody gets upset 9pm
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I think I'm out for now.  Was set for launch so I can play a couple of PS4 games I want to cross off the list from this gen but I'm not sure I'll bother until God of War or the Housemarque game - my PS4 still works for streaming TV, so the wife will be happy to continue using it as a smart TV device in the front room.  There was nothing in that reel for me, not even Oddworld (used to love those games but times have changed, bounced off the other 2D remake).  Astrobot, Sackboy and Ratchet all appeal, but they weren't shown and they're not BUY A CONSOLE FOR MEEE games.

As for MS, I don't see the point yet either.  I've got a 1080p TV and an Xbox One S for gamepass, I'm not even sure what I'd be upgrading to access tbh.  The Series S deal appeals but I'd just be upgrading for the sake of it.

In for both (diskless Bone, disk PS5), butnotyet.gif.

How much does game pass cost you on an ongoing basis? Have you stacked it? I think the xbox series S becomes tremendous value at the point at which you want to play games "better" on your 1080p screen, for the cost of 230 quid or so - it's basically a half price mid range PC. Incredible value for those who can't be arsed with 4k like me.

Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • I like the idea of having the SSD on Series S (or any option).
    There are a few games I have played recently that are pissing me off a bit with load times.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I watched the Final Fantasy XVI trailer on the Japanese Square Enix channel so better video quality and Jap dubs. I'm not that into the aesthetics? It seems they're falling into a long-term pattern of not having quite the prettiest games (FFXIV deliberately didn't prioritise visuals and FFXV was a bit ugly and rushed in some ways). Could see it being a 'finally a good plot but visuals and gameplay nothing special' kinda thing.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • PS5 preorders open tomorrow at ‘select retailers’ according to Keighley.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Hazy like a beautiful illusion.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    The nans are going to struggle not to mix up Final Fantasy XIV (which I'm sure will eventually come to PS5) with Final Fantasy XVI (produced by Final Fantasy XIV staff).
  • TheBoyRoberts
    Show networks
    Xbox
    The Boy Roberts
    PSN
    TheBoyRoberts
    Steam
    TheBoyRoberts
    Wii
    BoyRoberts

Send message
    I missed the detail on the ps+ thing - what’s going on there?
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I think I'm out for now.  Was set for launch so I can play a couple of PS4 games I want to cross off the list from this gen but I'm not sure I'll bother until God of War or the Housemarque game - my PS4 still works for streaming TV, so the wife will be happy to continue using it as a smart TV device in the front room.  There was nothing in that reel for me, not even Oddworld (used to love those games but times have changed, bounced off the other 2D remake).  Astrobot, Sackboy and Ratchet all appeal, but they weren't shown and they're not BUY A CONSOLE FOR MEEE games. As for MS, I don't see the point yet either.  I've got a 1080p TV and an Xbox One S for gamepass, I'm not even sure what I'd be upgrading to access tbh.  The Series S deal appeals but I'd just be upgrading for the sake of it. In for both (diskless Bone, disk PS5), butnotyet.gif.
    How much does game pass cost you on an ongoing basis? Have you stacked it? I think the xbox series S becomes tremendous value at the point at which you want to play games "better" on your 1080p screen, for the cost of 230 quid or so - it's basically a half price mid range PC. Incredible value for those who can't be arsed with 4k like me.

I only grab it in three month chunks.  Think I've had it for 12 months in total so far, averaging £14 a pop.  Not the most cost effective way to do it for sure.  Series S is a ridiculously good deal, but nothing I've played seems to run poorly on my Bone S.  Ryse still wows me.
  • I missed the detail on the ps+ thing - what’s going on there?

NO ONE REALLY KNOWS
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Ryde?

Moot is another one of Andy's ALTs - spread the word
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • LivDiv wrote:
    GP is a proven entity to me, it may of course change for the worse but so far so good. This new PS+ library while good hasn't shown longevity or future commitment. As far as we know it is literally just those games. I'm comfortable going discless with GP because they have shown to me what this service is and it is clear that MS see this as a future direction, not just a copy cat also sweetener.
    This. 
    At least with gamepass they rammed down our throats new releases will be coming day one to the sub as well.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • In serious, the big difference between how the two companies have handled things is that Microsoft have been very clear in their messaging (to me at least, and console names aside) whereas Sony is still pretty murky in what games are launch, backwards compatibility, their Playstation plus extra games thing, cross gen stuff etc
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • I'd most like to be an Escape alt I think.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    If they continue to update the PS Plus Collection it's gonna continue to be bargain basement older games rather than a proper Game Pass type thing.
  • @Roberts
    It is an OK list. Some great games no doubt.
    Many of those are available for buttons though.
  • A little bit of a lol but this Miles Morales Spider-man shiz is also coming to PS4.
  • pantyfire wrote:
    A little bit of a lol but this Miles Morales Spider-man shiz is also coming to PS4.

Is this confirmed. Somebody else mentioned it in the rapid fire times.

Hmmmm.
    So if nothing else it won't be utilizing the amaze unique SSD loading. Could be rtx on PS5, didn't look it though.
  • pantyfire wrote:
    A little bit of a lol but this Miles Morales Spider-man shiz is also coming to PS4.
    That's a really dumb move by Sony. It's the one thing they have that they should have made PS5 Exclusive imo.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • 449 is a big dick swinging move, but I'm underwhelmed by the games (from both) so far so I'm out on PS5 til probs 2022. Let those exclusives pile up and dive in.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    g.man wrote:
    pantyfire wrote:
    That's a really dumb move by Sony. It's the one thing they have that they should have made PS5 Exclusive imo.

Totally agree with this, could understand them not missing out on the PS4 install base for a big launch day game but for a standalone expansion? Grow some balls Sony.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    80 Euros for Demons Souls Remake hahahaha
  • LivDiv wrote:
    pantyfire wrote:
    Is this confirmed. Somebody else mentioned it in the rapid fire times. Hmmmm. So if nothing else it won't be utilizing the amaze unique SSD loading. Could be rtx on PS5, didn't look it though.

Eh?   There was loads of rt going on in that walky bit right at the start.  Ssd will be for instant fast travel which certainly wasn’t the case in PS4 spidey.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    The Final Fantasy XVI director's only previous title as director is The Last Remnant. Didn't that get fairly mixed responses?
  • I will have to rewatch but I can't remember seeing dynamic lights in that opening bit.
  • They should have also held back LoU2 for the 6 months between launches, put in a bit of ray tracing and say jump in, hows that for a launch exclusive?  It’d still be the most next gen looking thing about.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Is this confirmed. Somebody else mentioned it in the rapid fire times. Hmmmm. So if nothing else it won't be utilizing the amaze unique SSD loading. Could be rtx on PS5, didn't look it though.
    Yes. Confirmed. 
    It's on kotaku that it was confirmed in a blog post. 
    https://kotaku.com/everything-sony-announced-in-todays-ps5-event-1845082097

There's a link to the blog post I can't get to work. 
    Maybe the voices have been silenced.
  • Note Lou2 isn't in that PS+ list. Neither is Spiderman.

No indies either.
  • 80 Euros for Demons Souls Remake hahahaha
    Demon Souls is a timed exc as well.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!