Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Nina wrote:
    Well, whenever I mention gamepass to B he starts frothing at the mouth, and not in a good way. I don't really want to listen to his speech again about why he thinks it's stupid.
    GAME pass is really fucking good, like, really (the fact I've got a young child that will sometimes play a game she "really really wants" twice might be influencing my opinion, but I really like it for me too).

I suspect he's not thinking about it from a consumer point of view given his job.
    I'm not gonna get a young child just so I can have gamepass Goober!

And his problem is more with a) the rotation, it's up to Microsoft what's available that month b) what if I wanna play in 5 years and it's not there anymore / need to resubscribe etc.

I don't really see how that's different to buying digital (games have disappeared from stores before, they need to be backwards compatible with future generations if you want to play them years later) so I kinda stopped listening at that point. It might be subscriptions on general that make him angry.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    And if you have the money to buy both in 2020 then I also envy you.

Become a prison officer, deal with criminals all day and receptions that have Covid 19, business never pauses.
    regmcfly wrote:
    Verecocha wrote:
    In my humble opinion you’d have to be mad to get the digital only, prices are nuts and will be for some time. Gonna nip into game this morn to hopefully pre-order the full dick version. Though I did think everything coming out of last night was hilarious.

Then why buy it unless to be "both sides"?

I genuinely don't get that.

I’ll get one for the exclusives anyway, so why not?
  • "Daddy, how did you catch the Rona in the bad beforetimes? Were you helping your old neighbour with the shopping?"

"No Nancy, online preorders for ps5 sold out in minutes so I had to go preorder at Game up in Croydon high street"

It’s a good point but I have a hand sanitizer.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Nina wrote:
    Well, whenever I mention gamepass to B he starts frothing at the mouth, and not in a good way. I don't really want to listen to his speech again about why he thinks it's stupid.
    GAME pass is really fucking good, like, really (the fact I've got a young child that will sometimes play a game she "really really wants" twice might be influencing my opinion, but I really like it for me too).
    I suspect he's not thinking about it from a consumer point of view given his job.
    Of course, I forgot what he did.
  • "Daddy, how did you catch the Rona in the bad beforetimes? Were you helping your old neighbour with the shopping?" "No Nancy, online preorders for ps5 sold out in minutes so I had to go preorder at Game up in Croydon high street"
    "Daddy, you fought in the Console Wars?!"
    This exchange was too good to be lost in a page turn.
  • Aye. Top tier stuff there.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • JonB wrote:
    I wouldn't be thinking of getting any of these things yet if it wasn't for work. I'll need something that's up to date. I also wouldn't be thinking of going discless under normal circumstances, but it would suit my current situation. But as things are, yeah, I'll probably get one shortly after launch.

Yeah I need one for work too *cough* *cough*
  • :D

I'm sure I won't be enjoying it at all.
  • JonB wrote:
    I wouldn't be thinking of getting any of these things yet if it wasn't for work. I'll need something that's up to date. I also wouldn't be thinking of going discless under normal circumstances, but it would suit my current situation. But as things are, yeah, I'll probably get one shortly after launch.
    Yeah I need one for work too *cough* *cough*

Sounds like you preordered in store...
  • Let's all get one for work.
  • Remember when you could get a PS3 and help cure cancer. That was genius. They need that again but for Corona virus.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!