• Okay i reached the end of the thread but its kinda meh with all the redactions tbh.

[7]

My uncle was a copper in durham though, worked in the colliery when he was 18 just before it shut (thanks Mags) and so he went off to join the police. He retired pretty early i think, in his late 40s bit he worked the beat pretty much his entire career. That was probably early 2000s, he does part time van driving now and enjoys a nice comfy life with a few holidays each year and a nice house.

I used to look up to him a lot as a kid, and then at some point around brexit vote time we were having a bit of a family get together and i had the misfortune to hear him talk about how he was voting Brexit because of all the eastern Europeans that come over here and cause crime and don't respect the communities and have no respect and don't integrate and how the police aren't allowed to do anything anymore.

Straight up one of the saddest moments of my entire life having to listen to someone i thought was the exact opposite of that and not being able to say anything to correct the absolute tide of bullshit he was just freely spewing, unchecked, because im not about to cause a scene at a family bbq.

Fuck the police and fuck people who think the police should be allowed to kick the shit out of people who "deserve" it on whatever personal metric you use to define an absolute toerag.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • afb234a759dbce0dcc3715e040ca9027.jpg
    Come with g if you want to live...
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!