GodFall
  • I'm popping on in a bit. Will jump in Discord too.
    3DS: 2105-8748-8084 Switch: SW-3316-5834-8308 PSN: aynsleyw
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    I'm charging my headset in preparation. 

You'll have to walk me through how to join and chat. I'm the PC gaming equivalent to fresh fish. lol!  ;)
  • Lol no worries.  On the left side of discord, scroll down to voicey bits, double click badgers channel and I'm in there.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Do i need an invite to the Discord or is it open to all via a search?
  • Not sure mate, try a search. I don't have any admin rights probs anyway.
  • You're in the members list already btw
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Just gonna have a shower and I will pop on for a bit!
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    GG's both of you! 3 player coop seems to work really well, as in no delayed "i hit him...oh he's dead". Me and Haak were both sprint lunging at the same dude and they got wrecked. Even better that you were both holding your own in my overlevelled host world. That bodes well for the future.

Shame Ayns' GPU shit the bed and he had to leave. Hope its nothing serious. Or maybe its an excuse to spend a few bucks.  ;)

Great game. I love non-stressful, easy going grinding. No real objective other than kill ads and open chests. 

And i came away with a Legendary Polearm, so i'm very happy after that session.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Yeah that was good fun, plenty of scope for party play with different builds and weapons. Be interested to see how the harder content plays in a group setting. Liking the synergy between weapons and all the various system plus the day to day combat is ace. A real thud to it.

GGs all :) Be around over the course of the weekend, although probably only after 7/8 in the evenings.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    I think its too early to say. And i would feel bad about recommending it if you're sat on the fance.

We three off here that own it clearly enjoy simple, rinse-repeat, looters. This one is very shiney, but it brings nothing new to the table from a gameplay or mechanical standpoint.

If you have a PS5 on the way, please do not spend £70 on this. If you wanted to play it you'd know already, and you wouldn't need validation.

I spent £50 on the Epic Game Store with the sole purpose of giving it 2 hours and then if it didn't grab me...REFUND.

But the core loop, aka the melee combat is SUPREMELY SATISFYING, and thats what matters in a game where you kill enemies ad infintum, chasing better loot. 

The weapons and their feedback have a weight and heft i've not experienced in other games of this ilk. Its visceral, and it makes you FEEL like a beast, even when you're on the receiving end. 

Its very simple and easy to play. And thats refreshing sometimes. I don't want manually dextrous combos when i'm killing the same ads over and over. That shit becomes tiresome and a pain on the old joints.  

Its been out a day so verdicts are futile right now. These games live & die on their longevity, and an enticing end-game, but also character customisation, so you're not all running around with the same top tier set-up. Time will tell.

For now its all good. And i'll wake up tomorrow excited about playing it.
  • Second all that's been said.  3 player co-op feels sweet.

Time to see whether my GPU has shit the bed lol

Update required:

https://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/t/november-13-2020-godfall-quick-update-2-0-91/4548414

Says 25gig in launcher so worth doing earlier if you are jumping in.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Balls, small fella just went down for a nap and was gonna play some. Seems like you have to re-download the entire game?

@Chalice I think you might like it given your penchant for these types of games. However I dunno if it's €70 good, like Curtis says... Definitely one of my favorite games of late,
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Yeah it's definitely a complete client download after reading those patch notes.
  • Whilst, you're downloading here's some lootz:

https://youtu.be/AsGvxaV4krc
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Damn! Thats a big update. Oh well. At least it shows the developers are on top of things. Bodes well moving forward. 

Catch you lot later.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message

I was playing around with Weapon Timing before i saw that video. You can pull of some great moves if you don't mash. But there have been instances where it takes a little too long and the enemy has moved out of range. Need more practice i guess.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Really would like to see attack cancelling in an update. That's probably my biggest gripe so far.
  • Agreed, Even regular enemies can be pretty nifty about dodging blows when they are low on health and I find myself caught in mid combo whiffs.

Currently, trying out a heavy rampage/soulshatter build with finesse as I got some legendary dual blades yesterday.  Took the plunge and unlocked the Greyhawk (?) plate to go with it.

Got pumped by the water boss lol
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Haha, that's funny, I am going for a Soulshatter build as well with Polearm. Gonna try and grind a few small bits there now will the small fella is napping.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Another update this morning. Only 131mb though.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Hah, I dunno why I bother even trying during the day with this insomniac. Might be on this evening though :)
  • Cool, should be on too.  Happy to rinse and repeat stuff as it's the gaming equivalent of eating a box of maltesers.  Feels good...

...and I ordered a new laptop.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Saw in chat last night but couldn't join unfortunately, had an unsettled evening with the small fella.

Just about to take on Lunarus now, I'm level 20 I think. Still working on that Greyhawk Soulshatter build.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Thats the credits rolling at Level 30 with 23 hours on the clock.

I have all the Valorplates except Hinterclaw, but i can forge him after i've completed the first Dreamstone (higher level variants of the earlier missions/targets with added modifiers).

I'm really enjoying my Illumina weakpoint build using Greatsword - it makes hitting the sweet-spots so much easier.

Probably won't be jolly cooping 'til Friday night.  ;)
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Time to get into the meat and potatoes of it now so then.
  • Nice one Curtis. I hit level 31 tonight, cool co-op tower session with Haak.

My current quest is "complete Godfall"
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Yeah good fun that run through the tower. Starting to see a few cracks in the game now but it's still well fun. Got a nice Legendary Greatsword with ignite perks which works great with Phoenix.
  • For me it'll be like Anthem and Chaosbane - not particularly well received but I loved them both.

Lots to pick holes in but many simple pleasures too.  If the combat holds up then I'm good for a while.

Matching stuff with plates is great fun.  My poison Mesa plate setup is fab.

EDIT: Credits roll...
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    I think the most important factor will be how much the developers listen to feedback and continually update and add to the game. Because the core stuff is really solid and the combat never gets old.

Early days but i'm optimistic. I'm also hoping they add a Free Loot Chest like Borderlands for when they inevitably start rolling out Shift Codes.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!