GodFall
  • Finally arrived. Will put a bit of time in before work tonight and Chuck up my initial thoughts.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    "THUNK!"  ;)
  • So, it’s very pretty if massively oversaturated, relatively simple hack and slashy? Only completed the first level but I do like it. Sometimes feels a little slow in reading my inputs, and little things in terms of movement take a while to get used to, but I definitely like it.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    That golden intro/tutorial level is really shiney/ugly compared to the rest of the game. ;)

You get access to more moves via the Skill Tree. Be sure to purchase all 4 corners first. And don't worry about 'wrong choices' because you can respec as many times as you want for free.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    @ayns - You up for some Godfall tonight? The Tower is kicking my arse when i play solo. 

Need more loot.
  • Sure. What time?
    3DS: 2105-8748-8084 Switch: SW-3316-5834-8308 PSN: aynsleyw
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    I'm on now. Just tinkering with Augments.
  • Cool. In Discord.
  • Grats man!
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    GG's as always my good man. 

My build has moved on leaps & bounds since you went offline. I just figured out the first HUGE step, is to upgrade everything you have equipped to +3, because at that threshold (which isn't particularly resource hungry) you get to choose which of the inherent perks you wanna bump. And it bumps waaayyyy the fuck up! I'm talking 25% up to 45% (e.g. crit damage, weakpoint, breach etc)!! 

I've upgraded everything, including blue augments i might not even keep, because as collective whole, its a MASSIVE jump in stats.

I also, enchanted a blue Sword and Greatsword up to Legendary, just because their built in perks were great. Sure the named Legendaries have more gimmicky attributes, but if you boil it down to the most effective stats, like Crit Chance, Crit Damage, Weakpoint, Breach, its alot easier to spec and build for. Until they get around to reworking each Plate of course.

For now i'm trying to find a decent Electrum farm because i have skinted myself. lol! Worth every penny!

*edit* Oh wow! They have made it so when you choose Exploration Mode in any of the 3 worlds, the enemies and loot scale to Level 50. Thats perfect! It costs nothing, the mobs are simple enough, and you can rinse-repeat the secret red beacon spirit realm chests. How did they not make a big deal out of this? Its an easy-going grind with actual end game loot.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Must try and get back on this. Saw you guys online last night but I'm miles behind.
  • Curtis is way ahead of me regarding build design and stuff like that.  I just turn up and waggle my pointy stick about lol

Available this evening for catch up or secret red beacon spirit realm chests.

Whatever they are!
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Yeah i'll be online tonight. I made it to Level 10 in the Tower solo. Slowly making progress.

I need to grind some Dreamstones for upgrade materials. Wanna get both my weapons to +5.
  • I'll be up for anything, but I would like you to show me those spirit realm chests.  That would be cool.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    I'm on now and i've skinted myself again. Damn Electrum!
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    GG's @ayns

It is immensely satisfying when you feel powerful in this game. Those overlevelled Dreamstones were a slap back to reality, but thats because the enemies were 5+ levels higher than us, and massive sponges. We cleared them sure, but i was more of a chore than actual fun. 

Now we have figured out the 'behind the scenes' scaling with The Tower, i'll host from here on out. Level 49 gear is not gonna cut it. lol!

I find myself enjoying this game more & more, now that i've settled on a build, and a goal for all my slots. It gives you something to aim for, and the grind becomes purposeful, and not just waiting for RNG to smile upon you.

Great game, overlooked by almost everyone. But then again, its not for everyone. 

I'm happy and thats all that matters!  :)
  • Absolutely! Another enjoyable session in the bag.

I've sat for 2 hours this morning doing some spring cleaning and the upgrades and enchantments of gear.  It's pretty cool to see what you've bagged during the tower sessions.  I'm keeping the Mesa plate as the warhammer I've got is too good so I've gone for anything with crit damage/chance and supplemented it with poison chance and earth damage.  Upgraded a blue spear as a secondary which isn't bad either!

Took a punt enchanting the Plague Banner that increases ailment chance and damage too!

Be interesting to see if this levels out the background scaling.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Usual shenanigans? Earlier than normal if possible. Maybe 7:30pm-ish?

I'll probably be grinding materials regardless.  ;)
  • Sorry mate - crashed out early last night lol.

I should be about tonight if you are?
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Tower tonight?
  • Cool. What time?
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Now!

I need electrum and augments all day!
  • Best session yet, I'd say.  Climbing the tower on hard felt like a challenge at times.

Spent some time this morning sorting my drops - made some small gains, particularly pleased with an augment that poisons enemies when using a polarity attack.

Now I just need to remember to use polarity attacks...lol
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Cracking session! I was worried it might go on for hours. Lol. It got pretty fucking hairy around Level 25 though.

I'll check all my loot tomorrow.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Tower tonight?

I have a second build i wanna try out properly: Greyhawk, Soulshatter +90% using....Dual Blades. The soulshatter build up only takes like 3-4 (fast) hits and working the heavy attack into the combo to burst them is easy as pie.

Even better is once you build up enough meter for the Northern Technique rage mode, you can melt through bosses HP like butter. 

Its crazy good, i just need to see how it holds up in the tower.
  • Yep, I'll be there.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    I'm coming online now. Gonna grind Lunastra Exalted for fun!

I've been terrorising him all week after the shit he gave us way-back-when. Plus its good upgrade mats and only 3 stages.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Good stuff as always! Lots of Legendary loot tonight. Happy, even if i don't need 'em right away. Also good to finish off those Dreamstones.

As you said; its a great once a week game, and it'll never last forever, but i really enjoy these Friday night sessions, and they'll continue until something else comes along and commands our attention.

Hammer + Breach + Poison makes me think your build is actually better than mine. Sure, i have survivability and overhealth up the wazoo, which means i have to fuck up badly in order to die. And the weakpoint/crit my build is based on means i have to choose my moments to DPS, but its a great coop combo, especially for bosses.

Do not ignore that Surety augement drop. I've been after that since i realised how powerful it is! Its too good not to slot.

And thanks for spending the Electrum. I keep upgrading stuff willy-nilly and i'm always skint! lol!

Until next week...
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    The free Primal update went live at 5pm yesterday. Had a quick hour on it last night. I really like the changes they've made to the tower and dreamstones, plus they have added Diablo-like Paragon levels, so XP earned after Level 50 actually means something now.

@Ayns - I'll be playing tonight for sure! So much to re-discover.
  • Cool.  I've spent this afternoon going through all my gear.  I haven't got anything to top my poison build yet, but I'm working on ignite, chill and shock builds.

I'll be there!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!