Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Just enchanted a killer purple into gold. Its a Gem:

105% weakpoint damage
    25% crit damage
    6% crit chance
    22% weakpoint damage

Now to find all the other pieces to go with it. 

Looking at the augment tree patterns (which make your build shine) and Aegishorn is definitely one of the best.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    GG's Ayns. That grind gaunlet took way longer with 2 players, and i wasn't sure whether me abandoning after the 3 bosses, kicked you, or whether you called it a night.

Anyway, tonights lesson learnt: that Ascendant Tower is fucking hard! I am actually reinvigorated and want to improve my build so i/we can tackle that shit. 

I really like the game despite all its flaws.

*edit* Proper 11pm GG's Ayns. Really good stuff. And by the end we were oh-so efficient and crushing those bosses. I'm gonna leave inspection of my loot until i'm sober, but i love Aegishorn and the overhealth i seem to accumulate. Moreso because my Polearm does 60% extra damage when i'm at full health. And now i have 2 health bars. Its ridiculous! Level 50 is where the game gets exciting because every piece of loot regardless of rarity can form the backbone of your build.
  • Yeah, loved it!  Your overhealth sounds pretty phenomenal tbh.

I'm going to start going through my filthy loot now, see what plates are relevant for the gear and then try and balance out some augments.  So much to do.
    3DS: 2105-8748-8084 Switch: SW-3316-5834-8308 PSN: aynsleyw
  • Lunara 56 Dreamstone. 

Good. Grief.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Sounds like a barrel of laughs.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    ayns wrote:
    Lunara 56 Dreamstone.  Good. Grief.

Can they just remove that Boss already? ;)
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    I just watched a video guide for that boss, and you're supposed to play tennis with his purple balls by parrying them back & forth just like in Zelda. ;) That stops him summoning those annoying phantoms. He also has a leap into blue attack that will need to parry for your main DPS opportunity. 

If you can keep the fight in the centre of the arena then you can avoid the 3 pillars with rotating balls. If you need more room, just attack a ball and the ring will disappear.

During the second phase (50% health) we will spunk out 7-8 orange balls which remain stationary around the perimeter of the arena. YOU MUST HUNT THEM DOWN ASAP and attack them before they turn into phantoms. 

Unless you're playing coop and are very efficient, its unlikely you'll get them all straight away, but you can still parry the blue diving phantoms and they guarantee green health drops, so you could even farm them if you're after some HP.

The boss does get a red unblockable in that second phase, but other than that its a rinse-repeat ball hunt & ping-ping.
  • I watched my fave Dauntless dude take it on:

https://youtu.be/SWK3UMfMNTM

TBH Curtis your explanation makes more sense.  I'll get round to it some day lol
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    We'll do it Friday. With ease.  ;)
  • Cheers, will be there!
  • It's friday.

Gagging.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    I'll be about later. ;)

I had a little experiment earlier and sloted 7 Might augments into Armistice, pushing his overall Might to 3300-ish. Couldn't really tell much difference tbh, but i could feel the drop in Vitality. Went back to my more balanced Aegishorn.

I also noticed that Hinterclaw only has 7 slots, whereas all the other plates have 9. Surely that puts him at a huge disadvantage? Unless of course you slot something truly awesome into the centre node meaning all adjacent nodes will be affected. He does have the best pattern for sure.
  • Fabulous.  I'll be about later.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    GG's @ayns.

I'm still no wiser as to what those Tower door symbols mean. 

We now know that Hard difficulty adds nothing meaningful. It doesn't equate to more loot. Certain enemies hit harder for sure. So why make the grind a painful one if the rewards aren't there?

I'm gonna invest in another build. The one i have is way too vanilla. I want something focused. And ailments are very effective based on what i saw tonight with your Poison which shat on the heads of so many enemies.

A Tower build is not the same as a Boss Gauntlet build. I need both. But i need more loot. lol! The weapon(s) make or break it.
  • It was great - nice to have a change from dreamstone bosses tbh.  I think the final ailment skill points increases damage for each type of ailment on the boss so if you can build build something other than poison that could be some insane damage.

I remember some of the door symbols - colour was definitely for rarity.
  • Managed to get this for £40, think it’ll just be a quick campaign run through but looking forward to it arriving.
  • Which version, Vere?
  • PS5, no cross play with you guys I’d guess?
  • Unfortunately not.  Might be people on here who have it on PS5 mind.

Be interested to hear what you think of it.
  • I’ll get on it as soon as it arrives as it’ll be next on my hit list, don’t think I’ve seen it mentioned by anyone else on PS5 but hopefully the campaign is good enough fun for one!
  • You should be cool with the campaign.

Randos via matchmaking could be alright for endgame too.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Sorry i missed our usual session. Blame Cyberpunk and alcohol. lol!
  • No worries! Was punking it up myself lol
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Big update today. Lots and lots of fixes. 

The blog also discusses the reasons for no animation cancelling. But they have solved the problem of button input buffering (i.e where the game sometimes failed to register your next command while current move was still active).

Good stuff.
  • Nice, I'll get updated.  Not played since Cyberpunk came out but will definitely go back to it.

I miss the THUNK!
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    You about in an hour or so? I'll be smashing up shit and checking out how it feels. Even though they patched that boss gauntlet quit exploit.

*edit* Why is this forum clock wrong? I am posting this at 19:31.
  • Yeah, will hang in discord.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    That took a while to adjust after a two week hiatus, but as soon as i remembered how to parry and exploit the enemy weakpoints, it was all good.

The button input buffering update feels sooooo much better and way more responsive. And whatever behind the scenes buffs they made to the Shield/Archon Fury recharge rates are very welcome, because it felt like i always had something on deck.

I really like this 6/10 game, and when developers act quick with updates/fixes/patches based on community feedback, i salute them for it.

Its my Friday night fix for sure! We need @Speedhaak back though. 3 is better than 2.
  • Yes, would be cool @Speedhaak

It's a great friday night chill for sure.

Looking forward to sifting through the pile of filthy loot sometime today.
  • Still bloody hasn’t arrived. Stupid post. Want it more now as I’m waiting.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!