Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Weird nerds got to stick together.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Speaking of which, off to bed. x
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Do you really think that it isn’t normal for liberals to consider the ethical implications of purchases

Oh yes, because liberals know best. The other scumbag side has no ethics whatsoever, mainly because I can't identify with those ethics and don't consider them thoughtful purchases.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    Let’s put our money to the more reputable car companies, I’m sure they’ve mostly cleaned up their act.

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/11-of-historys-most-infamous-automotive-scandals/
    Things can only get better.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:
    Do you really think that it isn’t normal for liberals to consider the ethical implications of purchases

Oh yes, because liberals know best. The other scumbag side has no ethics whatsoever, mainly because I can't identify with those ethics and don't consider them thoughtful purchases.
    mcCiE65.jpeg

Twitter clearly ain’t the only place.

mannaboy wrote:
    Let’s put our money to the more reputable car companies, I’m sure they’ve mostly cleaned up their act.

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/11-of-historys-most-infamous-automotive-scandals/

Seven car companies (one of which no longer exists) did bad things != all car companies are as bad as Tesla.
  • fJYyu2n.png

"Musk was born divorced" is sensational, tbh.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Just waiting for ‘Musk stole my lunch money’ tweet.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    He’s moved on to busting unions, a far more effective way of achieving the same goal.

Anyway, his ideas to monetise Twitter are pretty amusing:

https://www.reuters.com/business/musk-told-banks-he-will-rein-twitter-pay-make-money-tweets-sources-2022-04-29/

Like anyone is going to pay him to embed tweets.
  • Guy is a tool. Same time, making select third-party sites pay to embed tweets isn't the worst idea.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    They just won’t embed any Tweets. I doubt that he’ll be able to prevent people quoting or screenshot ring them.
  • The cult of anti Musk is nearly as tragic as the cult of Musk.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    He's the cult of no personality.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    They just won’t embed any Tweets. I doubt that he’ll be able to prevent people quoting or screenshot ring them.

I doubt it's aimed at standard peeps on message boards or discord. Probably more aimed at news sites that use embedded tweets as a story crutch. Seems to be the direct inverse of legislation to make social networks and search engines pay for embedding news stories.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:

I doubt it's aimed at standard peeps on message boards or discord. Probably more aimed at news sites that use embedded tweets as a story crutch. Seems to be the direct inverse of legislation to make social networks and search engines pay for embedding news stories.

I get that, but news publishers won’t pay, they’ll just quote the text instead.
  • Those stories, with any luck, would just disappear. They only exist because they're almost zero-cost. And a lot of them do quote the tweets in the text of the article to try and disguise how they've been created ie someone very quickly scraping a few tweets, sticking them in an article, then presenting it as news.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    The current Twitter TOS state that the person who tweets something owns the copyright on the content of the tweets. Twitter has no claim on the text whatsoever.

If Musk decided to try and charge for embedding, the stories would continue via quoting, but Twitter’s engagement would drop as nobody would be clicking through from news articles any more.

The only way that this idea isn’t a complete non-starter is if Twitter tries to claim copyright over everything published to Twitter, and, well, good luck with that.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    This... 
    LivDiv wrote:
    The cult of anti Musk is nearly as tragic as the cult of Musk.

And this...
    Kow wrote:

His fucking banal political meme tweets aren't a good sign.

Neither is the irony of the son of a South African mining magnate becoming the world's richest man, by selling cars stuffed with exotic minerals, sourced from questionable enterprises (though if you're singling out Tesla while typing that shit out on a Mac, shame on you*).

All that said, he will want to keep users, not lose them.

People acting like he's going to introduce a "Pay to Say" scheme, or something.

*But like I always say, it's us, as much as the megacorps. :[
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • I should charge you all to see my stunning patter tweets tbh
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    Tesla seems to have made good progress sourcing cobalt from ethical sources.

https://electrek.co/2020/06/16/tesla-secures-cobalt-deal-controversial-material/

• This... 
    LivDiv wrote:
    The cult of anti Musk is nearly as tragic as the cult of Musk.
      And this...
    Kow wrote:
    His fucking banal political meme tweets aren't a good sign. Neither is the irony of the son of a South African mining magnate becoming the world's richest man, by selling cars stuffed with exotic minerals, sourced from questionable enterprises (though if you're singling out Tesla while typing that shit out on a Mac, shame on you*). All that said, he will want to keep users, not lose them. People acting like he's going to introduce a "Pay to Say" scheme, or something. *But like I always say, it's us, as much as the megacorps. :[
    Or virtually any computer or smartphone it would seem
    We have found these minerals may end up in products by international brands such as Apple, Intel, Samsung, Nokia, Motorola and Tesla.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I honestly don't get why he's got so many followers. Like the other billionaires seems like a man-child who doesn't know what do to with his money. Yes, I'm getting a Tesla, but only because it was the right fit for me personally and due to how I'll be commuting and work/life balance the Super Charger network is still a big plus point.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    I should charge you all to see my stunning patter tweets tbh

I’d sub you hun x

• dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    monkey wrote:
    Or virtually any computer or smartphone it would seem
    We have found these minerals may end up in products by international brands such as Apple, Intel, Samsung, Nokia, Motorola and Tesla.

Well, yeah. Exactly (same with the labour issues, let's be honest. Look at Amazon and Uber).

Which just leaves: 

- The excessive wealth 
    - The id of a pre-pubescent nerd
    - Closeted right wing sympathies
    - Woolly tech leadership (when compared fairly to the likes of Cook, Bezos and Nadella. Which is elite company, tbf)
    - Reliance on public money

It's still quite a list.
  • At a certain point though Musk as a uhhh project? has become too big to fail. Like if there was a serious attempt to reign the cunt in it would expose and compromise all the other cunts that are using him, materially and to some extent politically to keep the mythologies of Progress treading water.
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    fJYyu2n.png

These tweets have been deleted, the Musk censorship has started! Man the eHatches!

• dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Brooks wrote:
    At a certain point though Musk as a uhhh project? has become too big to fail. Like if there was a serious attempt to reign the cunt in it would expose and compromise all the other cunts that are using him, materially and to some extent politically to keep the mythologies of Progress treading water.

I can see the ideological issue that people smarter than me are alluding to... But day to day, there are many people who have much less money, and much less popularity, who I simply hate more (I want to be above wishing ill on Boris for example, but he and Patel are just too nasty for me not to want them to at least just fuck off).

Compared to a significant number of financiers / politicians / cunts, he does at least celebrate creativity.

But I suppose the Borgias did too.

When Musk does something conspicuously nasty, I'll be in the same column as you and Yoss, raising just about any banner you'd like for me to hold.
  • Musk won't be deleting anti-Musk tweets because they promote engagement. (Endless bickering)

Once Musk owns Twitter the defacto winner of any post on Twitter is Musk.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    mannaboy wrote:
    fJYyu2n.png

These tweets have been deleted, the Musk censorship has started! Man the eHatches!

Probably just being swamped by weird nerds defending Musk. It’s a thing.
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    Or a completely fabricated story one or the other for sure!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!