If you could live anywhere in the world....
  • I reckon I'd quite like Canada. Warm weather tends to irritate me unless I'm on holiday and I bet the fishing would be good.

I'm not exactly a jet setter though, having only been to the same part of Malta twice and Belgium on school trips, so given the choice I'd probably just stay in South East London.
  • Canada can get bloody warm depending where you are.
    When I was in Toronto we had a fortnight of temperatures over 40c.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Anywhere it doesn't fucking rain all the time.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Dinostar77 wrote:
    I never want to drive in martitius again. Everyone thinks they are bloody nigel mansell chasing down aryton senna at the monaco gp. Its insane and dangerous. Worse driving of anywhere in the world ive been. Lovely beaches though.

also gatueax piment
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Canada can get bloody warm depending where you are.

I went to Toronto about, oh must've been about '97 or so and yeah, thick snow at night then hot as fuck with clear blue skies and pristine snow the next day.
  • I cant decide. Im affected a bit by SADS, (less so these days thankfully) so Id like somewhere thats sunny all year. But Im starting to really dig the idea of a house by a lake, a forest but also a little bit of a village for the cosy feels.
    I currently work from home so the idea of a wood paneled office/study with a huge window overlooking the lake sounds amazing. Ive not really traveled that much outside of Europe but would love to visit Murica.Ive lived in Cork and Dublin city centres so there would be a certain attraction to having an amazing large penthouse but...I dont know. Tough question!
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    davyK wrote:
    Anywhere it doesn't fucking rain all the time.
    we get rain about 10 times a year I think. forecasted more often, but that's not really rain. always takes me a while to figure out how the windshield wipers work if I happen to be driving.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    One of my uncles emigrated to Vancouver when he was quite young, but after visiting Australia some years back, both he and my aunt reckon, time again, they'd go there. Grass is always greener. Unless it's brown.

Weather aside, I've always said I love my bit of England, I just hate most of our people. But as I get older I am starting to crave somewhere warmer for my ageing bones. If I were rich I'd live here from April to September.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Canada can get bloody warm depending where you are.

Toronto is out, that's far too hot for me. I think I'll relegate Canada to holiday destination status. Realistically I don't want somewhere that's so cold my family wonder if I'm dead if I've spent too long at the shops anyway.

Portugal appeals, apart from the heat.

Edit: I'm talking holibobs now though. I'll stay where I am thanks, final answer.
  • 40 degrees in Toronto?? Fuck that. Perhaps Alaska would work for me
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • I love how wookie hates the hot. I just love it. He's a proper man of the north. Me.and him would not get on. I'd be baking in the sun, sweat on my brow, smiling as I tan, him with his hat under the parasol, stealing ice cubes off the box and sticking them in his groin, murder in his eyes as I blow him sum.kisses.
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • That's exactly what would happen
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • When I work in the office upstairs I have all windows open and heating off. My wife hates it because she then comes upstairs and starts shivering.
    I can't function correctly in a warm environment
  • Same.  Shorts weather in England stretches from March to October, with leeway either side.  If I get too hot I start foaming at the mouth.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Same.  Shorts weather in England stretches from March to October, with leeway either side.  If I get too hot I start foaming at the mouth.

That’s drool and you’re supposed to swallow ice cream.
  • Ask the missus this question, and she reminded me of how besotted i was with Big Island in Hawaii. Forgot about that. Though Hawaii is very very far from uk, if i ever wanted to pop back.
  • Hmmm. Singapore maybe.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Working? Singapore.

Retired? New Zealand. (But preferably near a population centre like Wellington or Auckland.)
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Also, given I'm staring down the barrel of my 40th and haven't paid off my student debts yet, retirement lol. #okboomer
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Same.  Shorts weather in England stretches from March to October, with leeway either side.  If I get too hot I start foaming at the mouth.

Before lockdown and Christmas I dropped the kids off every morning in just a pair of shorts and Hawaiian shirt. The other mums were all wrapped up in thick coats and scarves, shivering and complaining and looking at me like I'm an absolute nutter.

• I stand or possibly crawl exhausted with the heat hat0rz.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:

Only October?

Although Andy told me off for wearing shorts outside of the designated times so I best keep quiet.

I don't mind a bit of heat when I'm on holiday but....sitting in the sun? Fuck that. I'd melt.
  • Heh, I think I was part of the same ticking off.
  • Work
    London (I love it here)
    Sau Paulo
    Lisbon 
    Hong Kong 

Retire
    Guia in Portugal
    One of the islands in phillippines or thailand 
    Bali
    Madrid

For those that choose a different place for work than where you are now, why not move?
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • For cities I'd love to give Berlin another visit. I spent a weekend there a few years back. Loved the galleries, but not the architecture - though obviously this was down to the city being fucked by the war. Seemed to have some great nightlife and culture.

With unlimited funds I'd like places in Paris and NY (cliche I know), but I'd go for the countryside in Italy every time. Italian cities just didn't appeal to me for some reason.

Someone mentioned Budapest. If you like hot spas, this is definitely for you! Most places in Europe, though, I'd still feel out of place if I lived there full time, though. There'd always be a culture gap. I've never visited the nordic countries, though.

PSN : time_on_my_hands
  • Places I've not been and would like to:

- Moscow
    - Liverpool
    - Istanbul
    - Israel
    - Sapporo
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    mk64 wrote:
    Work London (I love it here) Sau Paulo Lisbon  Hong Kong 

Ooh, good call on Lisbon. Fabulous place.

I recently went to Hong Kong, it went straight in at number one on my favourite places list. Then the CCP imposed the "security" law and I'm nervous about going back (once the Viruspocalypse is over).
  • Wait, how can you not like Berlin architecture??

I'm no buff but it's a bloody gorgeous city with stuff round every corner, imo.
  • Wait, how can you not like Berlin architecture??.

Because some twats have drawn all over it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!