A thread for watch love
  • A brand thats appeared on my radar of late is Yema. French brand. They supply the french military with some watches, but the have a heritage model called the Superman. Lovely dovers watch. They have done a colab with worn and wound which looks great. Its like £700 ish
    PSN - minkymu
  • 4-A96-D18-E-BDF9-4387-A6-E8-D0107671-E52-A.jpg72-A81-A00-3-B5-D-417-B-8828-598-C0-CEAD365.jpg9-BD18-BAF-2261-43-E9-A5-D5-D7-CD3-B0-D1196.jpg

The bezel ring has an interesting lock feature which prevents accidental turning
    PSN - minkymu
  • Tudor knock-off with a Seiko diver face, but not too shabby.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Someone should make a pocket that plays Obra Dinn when you flip it.

Carry it around when you've lost your keys until you find them.
  • The new Rado Captain Cook Cereamic is awesome
    2-CD8035-E-FCDC-4589-AAD4-0-BFF0-DF0-EDEA.jpg
    PSN - minkymu
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    That's so weird, I hear the name Rado I only see square face ceramic watch with the rectangular sectioned ceramic strap. The things are tied together so tightly in my head. I look at that and say, wow that's pretty but if you'd blanked out the name I reckon Rado would have been the hundredth manufacturer I'd think of. I just didn't realise they did metal
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Yeah Rado normally make watches in exotic materials. Strange experimental brand but some lovely pieces.
    PSN - minkymu
  • I want to learn more about the range of ceramic watches out there. Cool material.
  • Literally cool. They transfer heat better. So stay cool in summer and body temp in the winter
    PSN - minkymu

• Quick google

Ceramic is one of the hardest class of materials known meaning that engineering the material is extremely hard. On the other hand, because it is so tough, it’s difficult to scratch. Ceramic is pressed into the desired shape. The pre-formed pieces are then baked at an extremely high temperature. After the ceramic is finished cooling, it is milled into the desired shape and polished. During this heating and cooling process, ceramics can be changed into a variety of colors and often get coated with a very fine layer of a precious metal.
    Pros Of Ceramics
    Wear Resistance
    Ceramic boasts a hardness that is unlike any traditional watch metal, such as stainless steel or gold. It is considered to be scratch proof and to not show signs of wearing, even after years. Ceramic is also unaffected by the ultraviolet rays produced by the sun, meaning that their colors won’t fade. Many brands choose to use ceramics in sport and dive models as it can withstand chemical erosion and is anti-magnetic.
    Light Weight
    Even though ceramic is strong and looks like it would be heavy on the wrist, it is actually lightweight and rivals aluminum on the scale. The light weight of the material also makes the watch comfortable to wear. You won’t need to worry about your wrist being weighed down!
    Hypoallergenic
    Almost all ceramic watches don’t contain any sort of coating or metals. This means that even people with sensitive skin can still wear a ceramic case or band on their watch without having to worry about the allergic reaction that may follow.
    PSN - minkymu
  • My seiko prospex diver has a ceramic bezel
    PSN - minkymu
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    I've no idea how many they actually sold, but for the last 20 years or so they were almost as big as Breitling and Tag, at least talked about in similar circles. If the production numbers were low enough I genuinely thing that Rados from the late 90's 00's might be a decent investment. However more homework required first
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Feck, minky, what have you done to me. I think I found one that's closest to my watch wot i have worn since 2012. Citizen Quartz Chronograph AN8190-51A 100M Men's Watch (creationwatches.com) Is this site legit?

This has arrived. Need a link a link removed, it's probably been made for the likes of Omid Djalili. Fun to look at tho
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Feck, minky, what have you done to me. I think I found one that's closest to my watch wot i have worn since 2012. Citizen Quartz Chronograph AN8190-51A 100M Men's Watch (creationwatches.com) Is this site legit?

This has arrived. Need a link a link removed, it's probably been made for the likes of Omid Djalili. Fun to look at tho

Yay
    PSN - minkymu
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    Had a bit of a rush of blood yesterday and ended up with these. The red wine square is nicer than I expected.

c35e302fc9cc1c3e5e480b9d3f918941.jpg
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    the red wine square is a bit lovely, no doubt about that, I like that the gold one had different colurs for the hands though, if the lcd was white on black it'd be closer
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Sorry that sounds belittling, I think they're all ovely, just that I think that one would be alittle more lovely
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii

Send message
    Yeah, I agree, not sold on the other two at all. They might grow on me.
  • Ohhhh fuck they are all nice, but yeah the red wine one is pick of the bunch
    PSN - minkymu
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii

Send message
    I think the other two would be better off without the LCD and the hands are a bit nasty tbh, especially the silver.
  • Brooks wrote:
    I want to learn more about the range of ceramic watches out there. Cool material.

Nowt better than ceramic.

Especially matt.
  • Metallic burgundy is a flex alright.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I like 'em all.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Minkymu wrote:
    Please dig it out and take a picture unlikely.

Took me a while but I found it.

Watch.jpg
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    That's gorgeous, the simplicity of watches from the 40's and 50's needs more recognition, bu then that would be contrary to the idea of understatement
  • Fuck me Unlikely that is an absolute beauty!!
    PSN - minkymu
  • Still works, too.  Been in a drawer for the last 20 years and no doubt had a fairly hard life before I was given it (my granddad used to race his yacht hence the Seamaster choice I guess).
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    That "De Ville" marking also sets it apart from it's peers. Loads of watches at that time, might have the retailer stamped on the dial, and makes them collectable, especially if it's Tiffany or something. "De Ville" was something that Omega brought in themselves but still makes it a little more special. Nowhere near as special as the fact your gramps used to wear it, but a nice to know, maybers?
  • Interesting.  I have no real idea about watches so it could have been a £5 Casio digital and it'd still mean as much to me, but perhaps this is something worth taking a bit more care of than I have so far.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    I completely understand that, hence my last sentence, didn't want to sound vulgar or gauche. More that your grandfather clearly wasn't one to do things by halves, for many folk buying an Omega would have been aspiration enough, but not him, he wanted the premium of the premium, good on him
    The fact it worked straight away is testament to the actual engineering involved, and yes definitely give it a service and a new lease of life, it's a lovely thing

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!