A thread for watch love
  • Jesus shitting Christ I've just looked up how much these things cost.
  • It is lovely, im very jealous
    PSN - minkymu
  • Yeah £5k plus
    PSN - minkymu
  • I would literally wear that everyday. That would look class. I might be inclined to get it serviced just to be sure, but what a cracking piece. Best thing is as its on a leather strap you can swap the strap up for fresh looks. £200 on a nice navy blue alligator strap, something italian hand made.
    PSN - minkymu
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    If you decide to give it a service, I know no-one in your neck of the woods, but my friend Michael (there's a coincidence) is London is a watchmaker and actually works for Omega, happy to ask him if he can help
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Actually Omega sell a wide range of replacement straps , including natos, on the Omega website. You could have classic original and a mix of looks for it.
    PSN - minkymu
  • cockbeard wrote:
    If you decide to give it a service, I know no-one in your neck of the woods, but my friend Michael (there's a coincidence) is London is a watchmaker and actually works for Omega, happy to ask him if he can help

This is too good an offer to pass up unlikely

PSN - minkymu
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Hahahaha, from that photo alone, boy clearly knows his stuff
    Mike wrote:
    Beautiful.. Its an old 67? Rose plated movement. Hands are oxodised.. Moisture has come in.. May need lots of parts due to rust and sitting with moisture for long? It's come in through the crown so winding a d setting mechanism may need parts..wkrth repairing. Im not yet ba k to work. Im still repairing my boat and hope to set up a workshop..
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • My new watch arrived today. Shouldnt have bought it. Just added to my credit card bill i have to pay off. I blame minkymu. Not myself for being weak willed or easily led. Minkymu. Its all your fault and this bloody thread.

Lol. Will post a pic of it later. Seiko 5 Sports Automatic 24 Jewels SRP605K2
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    hahahaha, Seiko 5, I'm already impressed, can't wait to see it. Definitely the kind of watch you buy if you're a leader not a follower
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    My new watch arrived today. Shouldnt have bought it. Just added to my credit card bill i have to pay off. I blame minkymu. Not myself for being weak willed or easily led. Minkymu. Its all your fault and this bloody thread.

Lol. Will post a pic of it later. Seiko 5 Sports Automatic 24 Jewels SRP605K2

Lol. I gladly take all blame.

Enjoy new watch day and the continuing joy wearing it gives you.
    PSN - minkymu
  • cockbeard wrote:
    Hahahaha, from that photo alone, boy clearly knows his stuff
    Mike wrote:
    Beautiful.. Its an old 67? Rose plated movement. Hands are oxodised.. Moisture has come in.. May need lots of parts due to rust and sitting with moisture for long? It's come in through the crown so winding a d setting mechanism may need parts..wkrth repairing. Im not yet ba k to work. Im still repairing my boat and hope to set up a workshop..

Thanks Cocko.  It seems to be working fine though - wound it up earlier, corrected the time and it's still ticking merrily away.
  • Birdorf wrote:
    Had a bit of a rush of blood yesterday and ended up with these. The red wine square is nicer than I expected.

c35e302fc9cc1c3e5e480b9d3f918941.jpg

That Red Wine Casio is abit nice. Lovely colour. Impressed.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    hahaha, yeah reading it back it does read a bit like the mechanic sucking his teeth
  • Unlikely wrote:
    Minkymu wrote:
    Please dig it out and take a picture unlikely.

Took me a while but I found it.

Watch.jpg

Thats lovely. Get a quote on how much its worth if you aint already. An item like that may need to be specifically called out on home content insurance.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Nice
  • Nice Seiko. Good colour combo choice. Love the strap
    PSN - minkymu
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Will people stop buying nice watches!!
  • And yours has the resin strap keepers. I had to take my original strap off my prospex tuna as it was a brushed metal keeper that scratched to fuck
    PSN - minkymu
  • https://youtu.be/1_CSPGlxM9U

Still my absolute fave watch
    PSN - minkymu
  • That Omega is fucking nice Unlikely, your grandad knew what was up. Definiteky get it on the home contexts insurance asap and it might be worth taking it to someone who deals with old Omegas to get it serviced if it's been sat around for a while, just to get it cleaned and get the lubricant changed and anything else in order to keep it running smoothly.

Continuing from Dino's Seiko 5 up there, it's my bday coming up so I got myself a lil automatic for everyday wear, lil Seiko 5 from 1980 with that minimalist sunburst red dial. Stuck it on a plan black NATO strap and because I have tiny girl wrists it doesnt look out of place even though being old is a smaller case than you normally get today, that strap is only 18mm wide for instance!

BBXSlzL_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

"Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • What a lovely dial. Nice bit of patina too. Seiko dials are fab.

My collection is lacking a nice sunburst dial
    PSN - minkymu
  • Beautiful, Rouj!
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    That's lovely
  • Was looking for a nice slim dress watch a while back, but the German watch thing got in the way again.

Was really loving this:

JUNGHANS MEISTER HANDAUFZUG.

8-C7-BFB09-09-D5-4-B84-80-B3-052-D83367-C12.jpg

Apparently very reliable, lovely frosted blue dial and a mega edge to edge heavily domed crystal
    PSN - minkymu
  • New watches from tudor, rolex inbound from watch and wonders show
    PSN - minkymu
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Aaah, so this will likely be the new explorer reveal??

Also that Junghams is really nice, like you said earlier about trying to speculate, buy what you like and if it goes up then great, if not at least you've got something you want to wear. I feel a bit of crossover with the kicks fred on that subject
  • The “new” explorer is just downsized to 36mm and comes in silver and 2 tone silver and gold and the explorer 2 gets an upgraded gmt movement, reprofiked case and lugs (hard pressed to tell) improved lume and matte black hands and a blasted case and strap.
    PSN - minkymu
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Minkymu wrote:
    8-C7-BFB09-09-D5-4-B84-80-B3-052-D83367-C12.jpg 

Oh I say.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!