ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Completely the other way, swapped watch for skinny Fitbit a while ago, took ages to get used to wrist being so light, lost Fitbit a couple of weeks ago and feel naked
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    nick_md wrote:
    FranticPea wrote:
    You know when you see cats trying to remove their own collar? That's what I'm like with anything on my fingers or wrist. Drives me insane and I don't know why. Wedding ring resides in a drawer.

This is me too. Some of the watches in here look swish af but I simply can't abide anything around my wrists, I need to be free!

I know, I'd actually quite like a nice watch tbh. Always hated wrist bands at festivals and spent all weekend fiddling with them and getting irritated.
  • Im with Cocko. Feel naked without a watch. Cannot currently wear mine because of all the hospital shit in my hand and i hate it.....
    PSN - minkymu
  • D55-AA628-77-F7-461-E-AE29-04-B8-EBDF7-DE7.jpg

My poor watch feels abandoned......
    PSN - minkymu
  • Why did you shit in your hand?
  • Lol i meant i have hospital bits in my hand, so i cant get my watch on.
    PSN - minkymu
  • Lord_Griff wrote:
    I dunno, diamond Hublot is 100% fuckwit, I think.

Hublot generally seems like kind of a fuckwit brand. 

Okay cool you make watches out of weird materials, I'm fully here for a concrete watch, and you basically "invented" using rubber as the strap material. But like every single watch they ever produce is like "OMG LIMITED EDITION BUY NOW!!!!! HURRY THIS WATCH WILL BE GONE SOON! BUY BUY BUY!"

Also taking expensive watches and putting aftermarket diamonds on them, sucks, every time. Stop ruining a perfectly nice watch with (usually) shit quality stones, especially when the manufacturer already produce their own. Stop that, if you can't afford the rainbow daytona, then just deal with it, stop buying regular daytonas and fucking them up. 

While I'm here 11/10 would buy a rainbow daytona in rose gold if I was a rich man and if I could ever find one. Fucking glorious. 

116595RBOWbkgcs.jpg
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • That's the most hideous watch posted so far and that's saying something.
  • It's actually the best watch in the entire thread. 100% trufax. You may not like it, but that is what peak performance looks like.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Ohhhhhhh i duuno about that Rolex.

I think Rolex is at its best when it looks expensive, through the use of precious metals and dial materials and diamonds on the dial, but bolting on diamonds to that extent just looks a bit crass and heavy handed in my opinion.

Also it looks a bit like a gay pride ltd edition. Which is fine but will obviously put some of the more narrow minded folks off it, even if the could afford it.
    PSN - minkymu
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    First time I saw a rainbow I was disgusted
    It has really grown on me over the years though, I love it now. If the numbers ever come up, I probably would, not top of the list but on it
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Whats top of the list? Im intrigued
    PSN - minkymu
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Ressence Type 3 - I simply love it
  • I think for me, the rainbow daytona tops the list, like, they have to source all of the stones for the bezel and the index markers on the face, also on the rose gold version, the sapphires for the indexes are colour matched to the bezel and the regular gold and white gold version has regular diamond markers. 

They make hardly any of these per year as a result and you basically have to be invited to purchase one if buying new. 

It's definitely very over the top, but like Cocko, it's really grown on me over the years, like the rainbow bezel is just so silly sat there on top of a Rolex, but iunno, for me, it just works. It's not taking itself seriously at all, and I think, at least for Rolex that's pretty different from almost every other watch they do which is just manly man divers and chronos. The yellow gold and blue combos they do, do look nice as well though. 

Honourary shout out to the Leopard version of the Daytona they did that one time as well. It's a big mood for sure. 

roldaytona.jpg
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    On the iced out tip, the black and white GMT Master is also a lovely thing, if a little more toned down that those two. I saw a cracking video once on Rolex setting gems into the dial, and the processes involved, real quality work
  • Lord god.

I think only the super rich would have the absolute lack of taste to buy that gauche leopard thing. Yuk.

I have been a bit sick in my mouth. How much is that horror show?
    PSN - minkymu
  • Yeah I have no issue with in house gems in watches, those are installed with the same precision and care that the rest of the watch is produced with, aftermarket stuff, feels like a real crap shoot and you really have to make sure whoever you are getting to do the work has a decent track history. 

For super high end stuff like the big swiss brands and GS and stuff though, it just seems weird to me to ice over the existing work with a load of frequently average diamonds.
  • Fucking hell i love watches but you’ve managed to find 2 that actually offend me. Lol
    PSN - minkymu
  • Minkymu wrote:
    Lord god. I think only the super rich would have the absolute lack of taste to buy that gauche leopard thing. Yuk. I have been a bit sick in my mouth. How much is that horror show?

I believe at auction they are $100k. 

A steal compared to the rainbow daytona which if you had to buy second hand is like heading over 200k for that rose gold one that started being produced in 2018.
  • Roujin wrote:
    I think for me, the rainbow daytona tops the list, like, they have to source all of the stones for the bezel and the index markers on the face, also on the rose gold version, the sapphires for the indexes are colour matched to the bezel and the regular gold and white gold version has regular diamond markers.  They make hardly any of these per year as a result and you basically have to be invited to purchase one if buying new.  It's definitely very over the top, but like Cocko, it's really grown on me over the years, like the rainbow bezel is just so silly sat there on top of a Rolex, but iunno, for me, it just works. It's not taking itself seriously at all, and I think, at least for Rolex that's pretty different from almost every other watch they do which is just manly man divers and chronos. The yellow gold and blue combos they do, do look nice as well though.  Honourary shout out to the Leopard version of the Daytona they did that one time as well. It's a big mood for sure.  roldaytona.jpg
    Ah yes, the infamous "Gaytona."
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • They are the kind of watches you expect the bloke from Tiger king to own.
    PSN - minkymu
  • Jesus wept that thing is hideous.
  • Unlikely wrote:
    Jesus wept that thing is hideous.

Thank you Unlikely. Yes it fucking is
    PSN - minkymu
  • Fine, here's the original Nautilus from Patek from 1976 for all you scaredy cats, if you criticise this watch you are banned from watch club for daring to speak out against the watch that saved the swiss watch industry from it's quartz based reaming. Not my rules, the rules of the online horologist massive.

Patek_Philippe_Nautilus_1976_Ref_3700_1000.jpg
  • I hate the Nautilus.
  • Banned. 

(I find it quite boring fwiw as well, but I respect the hubris of stepping down to having to use stainless steel in your watch to save yourselves from certain doom)

Edit: See also the Audemars Royal Oak which was the same designer and came out a couple of years earlier, which I prefer slightly as it has that visible screwed down bezel.
  • The thing with that watch, its pretty but the new models are almost identical looks wise. The case shape has slightly altered but thats it really.
    PSN - minkymu
  • It's the Porsche 911 of watches. Rotten.
  • Its the porsche 911 of watch design
    PSN - minkymu
  • Ah ha ha didnt see that post G
    PSN - minkymu

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!