A thread for watch love
  • Minkymu wrote:
    Mission to Uranus is the funniest one
    Absolutely :D
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • I asked the mrs if she wanted that one
    PSN - minkymu
  • Moon, mars, mercury, neptune, jupiter in that order

The sun looks cheap, earths weird, uranus just no, saturn meh and venus looks cack

I would defo buy moon and mars and be v happy

The white canvas strap concerns me with daily use though tbh
    PSN - minkymu
  • Looking forward to some proper reviews. I'm assuming you can change the strap, but all the people who had them before release were very light on detail.
  • And yes, youtubers saying Uranus, either knowingly or not has been a fun bonus.
  • Meanwhile in Carnaby Street...
    fjX9Bzy.jpg

I don't think the flippers have realised that these aren't a limited edition yet...
    J5oEAbT.jpg

Now if you really wanted the one thing that is genuinely collectible, then you'd have to have one of these...
    ueMqLnA.jpg
    ...which you can't actually buy, because they're for display purposes only at Omega stores.
  • Wtf £7900 dick head scalpers
    PSN - minkymu
  • Bidders be having the last laugh…

bd1bumu.png

Flippers are going to take a pasting on this :D
  • I’ve been thinking about upping my watch game. The most I’ve spent on a watch is about £200-300.

I have a good bonus coming at work and thinking to spend a few k on something really nice.

Where do I start looking? Anything to avoid? Can I go second hand? If so where? Any advice is really welcome. I’m in no rush. Money hasn’t even hit my account yet.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Really depends what you want from your watch.

Whats the budget? Whats the style you want? Dress, sports or divers for instance?

Longines, in particular tge heritage range is great.

Nomos are amazing value.

Tudor are a baby rolex.
    PSN - minkymu
  • Mates saying the London store had to close before launch? Some trouble or something?
  • Plus £15 postage.
  • Mates saying the London store had to close before launch? Some trouble or something?

Dunno there were 3 london stores

PSN - minkymu
  • Yeah the Carnaby Street store closed at 9am ish because crowds tried to rush the store. Police had to be called out as it was absolute carnage

FECK

ME
    PSN - minkymu
  • Oh well. More for the online sale I guess.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    One in the eye for the "watches are dead" sneerers. :)
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Time and tide watches were at the Geneva launch of the moonswatch. He interviews the crowd as well as gets a look at the watches.

https://youtu.be/oDLHVBCXHRw
    PSN - minkymu
  • Longines has done it again. Lovely looking gmt range based on The Spirit pilots watch range. This is the Zulu Spirit Time.

50-CE8-C60-241-F-4502-97-C6-6-A9088-B008-E1.jpg

Difficult to tell but the middle watch has a deep green dial with faux patina aged beige numerals and hands. Lovely
    PSN - minkymu
  • Better pic of the green dialed one on the leather clasp strap.

6-D1-E14-B8-CB6-D-4-C93-908-F-BA6-C167-DE303.jpg
    PSN - minkymu
  • How are you doing minky. I've been thinking about you a.lot mate.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Lol i bet you could. Nice Daytona eh?

Im ok thank you for asking. I appreciate the thought.
    PSN - minkymu
  • Get me a ridge racer and you have yourself a deal
  • Soooooooo the Moonswatch. Seems like the mission to the moon is the favourite so far, followed by mercury and mars. Uranus is the one the watch geeks are going for due to the very in vogue tiffany blue colour.

Most left field choices seem to be sun and earth

Based purely on YouTube and insta out put not actual facts
    PSN - minkymu
  • Get me a ridge racer and you have yourself a deal

Lol i do like you man. Thank you. You have given me some very good advise these last few years. Why are we not real life friends lol

PSN - minkymu
  • I'm not as nice IRL as I am here man. Tbh I'm a bit of a cunt, like.
  • I'm not as nice IRL as I am here man. Tbh I'm a bit of a cunt, like.
    Snap

PSN - minkymu
  • Ohhhhhh dear

https://youtu.be/Uk6Nwy5kMy4

Seems like the Neptune blue model is leaking dye from the case onto skin. Might just be this one blokes watch because no one else has reported it
    PSN - minkymu
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Sweaty bastard
  • Annnnnd Tudor have smashed it again. The new Blackbay Pro. A COSC certified movement GMT. Essentially their much cheaper answer to the Rolex Explorer 2.

Stainless steel 39mm case. Available on the bracelet at £3080, or leather or Nato straps at £2840.

Two words. Yes please

They are pleasingly retro.

F928-D678-962-B-42-AC-80-E6-6337-A543-E92-F.png

DFBE5-E3-C-F5-AF-46-F0-94-B0-22-CA44-EF2688.png

This is decidedly the pick of the ranges launched today. They have done some chintzy looking silver and gold updates to the blackbay gmt, the chrono and the blackbay in general. They are too offensive to the eyes to post here.
    PSN - minkymu
  • Rolex have also launched a new design case shape for the £5880 air king, a new GMT hulk with a crown on the left hand side and black and green cereamic bezel, a new 42mm yatchmaster and a new date just.

Ive not posted any pics yet cos you cannot fucking buy any of them anyway
    PSN - minkymu

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!