Returnal - on PC now
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Vere is probably talking of the item (key?) on a pedestal that you need to progress. Some bitch is on the upper floor with back turned. Attacks once you pick up the item.

I died, got resurrected by Reconstructor, then tried to kill it from far. It found its way up to me and almost killed me again. Bitch.

That’s the one, I wasn’t paying much attention as I was hosing everything down with ease so just shot it with my new unknown water pistol and ran round like a nutter trying to get some space but it had some number of attack patterns. Might leave it next time…
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Terrible terrible gun.

162/330

• Terrible gun run for fun
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Verecocha wrote:
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Vere is probably talking of the item (key?) on a pedestal that you need to progress. Some bitch is on the upper floor with back turned. Attacks once you pick up the item.

I died, got resurrected by Reconstructor, then tried to kill it from far. It found its way up to me and almost killed me again. Bitch.

That’s the one, I wasn’t paying much attention as I was hosing everything down with ease so just shot it with my new unknown water pistol and ran round like a nutter trying to get some space but it had some number of attack patterns. Might leave it next time…

I know the part you mention and I think it might be compulsory. Not sure how much to say but happy to go into more detail if needed.

Also @b0r1s - bad gun? No excuses!

...what’s the gun?
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Pistol with bloody charging shot. Against what you come up against you may as well use harsh language.
  • Verecocha wrote:
    hylian_elf wrote:

I know the part you mention and I think it might be compulsory. Not sure how much to say but happy to go into more detail if needed.

...what’s the gun?

Oh mannnnn. Started another run and in the deep again now. Go for it in terms of detail, every little helps and I imagine that little fight in there is probably a little more vicious than the boss.
  • Verecocha wrote:
    Verecocha wrote:
    hylian_elf wrote:

...what’s the gun?

Oh mannnnn. Started another run and in the deep again now. Go for it in terms of detail, every little helps and I imagine that little fight in there is probably a little more vicious than the boss.

It’s been a while so don’t wanna give you bad info but there’s an upgrade around that point, not a gun:
    Spoiler:

If you don’t have that yet, it’s probably around or after squid boy. Pretty sure you need to kill it to unlock a door to get there.

As far as killing it goes - they’re not too bad but deffo ones you wanna face at a distance. Pop off, use scenery for cover. They tend not to move forward a lot so be present and move in and out of cover. Hollowseeker, carbine and Rotgland lobber all good shouts for that.

I didn't mind the gun - it was powerful. But man, that was a lot of stuff to deal with.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Did you get to the end? That doesn't look like an end score. I got jumped unfairly.
    Spoiler:
  • On second attempt he wasn’t that bad. So at a fabrication ‘shop’ in front of a deep drop, is this the final boss or have I got opportunity to come back?
  • Verecocha wrote:
    On second attempt he wasn’t that bad. So at a fabrication ‘shop’ in front of a deep drop, is this the final boss or have I got opportunity to come back?

Very nearly at the final boss, but not quite.  I don't think you can come back once you drop, and definitely worth being ready.

On the other hand - go destroy him.
  • Just about to drop down to him now…EXCITE!
  • There’s still a bit more.
  • Verecocha wrote:
    Just about to drop down to him now…EXCITE!

Good luck.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Nice one!
  • I found the last 3 bosses the easiest, though it might be as I hit them in quick succession and made sure I had pretty much the perfect set up, though I hardly took a hit on them so I’m actually rather impressed with myself considering I thought the first 2 were a nightmare. Think most of it is in your head looking at a screen full of death when really there’s always a reasonably simple way to bypass it all. For me the second boss was the hardest, that one took all my health and needed my astronaut!

Absolutely loved that. Don’t think there’s any replay value for me so I’ll move it on. But I’ll happily say game of the gen so far. Easily.
  • Congrats, Vere. Pew pew.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Yeah I’d say once you break the back of the first two bosses the others seem more forgiving. Or you just git gud.

Personally I hated the run up to the final boss. Either I had really bad luck or just plain shite. I died on those pre boss rooms more than anywhere else in the game. The fractured wastes seemed like a holiday to me by complain.
  • Thanks dude, not really my kind of thing usually, but completely sold on the sci-fi setting and gunplay. Turned out to be a massive win.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    Yeah I’d say once you break the back of the first two bosses the others seem more forgiving. Or you just git gud.

Personally I hated the run up to the final boss. Either I had really bad luck or just plain shite. I died on those pre boss rooms more than anywhere else in the game. The fractured wastes seemed like a holiday to me by complain.

I thought the first encounter in my FW run was super intense and I burnt through my items that I thought I’d have right up to the boss. Got through that first time but really had to get into a flow with it as it felt like every room and encounter had gone up another notch.

The depths felt very easy until you hit one of the mini-bosses as I just got over confident and got my ass handed to me.
  • Verecocha wrote:
    Absolutely loved that. Don’t think there’s any replay value for me so I’ll move it on. But I’ll happily say game of the gen so far. Easily.

Whilst the post-game bits are arguably more of the same, there's quite a bit still to do to unlock the bonus ending, and I enjoyed doing it.

If nothing else, hang around for the weekly challenges...
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Yeah I think I resonated more with the faster pace of FW. Especially those two tier rooms with more and more enemies zipping around between em was super fun. Always felt a bit hampered in the abyss.
  • A humiliating 6207. (373 rank).

I’m pretty sure something was fucked as I didn’t get any auto repair. Also I didn’t get any baddies for about 5 rooms so I thought I had another glitched run.
  • That weapon is shite though.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Yeah baddies come late and then hit hard.
  • A humiliating 6207. (373 rank).

I’m pretty sure something was fucked as I didn’t get any auto repair. Also I didn’t get any baddies for about 5 rooms so I thought I had another glitched run.

I don’t know my score and don’t want to. Fell off a thing, respawned in a beam, jumped to get clear, fell off again, respawned in beam. Died. I didn’t fight anything.

Your 6207 looks pretty good from here.

• Score: 163,301

Got hit/lost health 3 or 4 times. Well. One of those was falling off and two or three were items picked up cos I forgot/accident re damage on pickup.

Stupidly used the key I picked up on a chest so that was two damages for nothing. Didn’t even use the item.

Finished it but missed one area. The locked door for which I could’ve used the key. FFS.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • All of the chests are a waste of time imo in daily.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!