Returnal - on PC now

Was doing OK until I got hit by a laser trap, then fell of the platform, then got put back on in the middle of the laser trap. Only one hit from death after that.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    This does not sound like a fun run.
  • Jon in the lead on the total over these two days. Only a little more than Tin. 

I’ll be playing in a bit.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I still haven't got past biome 1
  • JonB wrote:
    I got hit 5 times, so I'm surprised to have come out with a decent score.

I don't usually like that gun, but it was perked up enough to make it pretty feisty.

I think you must have collected some obolites. My strategy was to use the doors a lot and hope for locking down as close to a clean run as possible.
  • Had another proper go after the daily and have now completed the B5 survey. Just B3 and B6 to go for platinum, need a few more ciphers on each.
  • Guessing none of the trophies glitched for you? I never got the max proficiency or last boss and act 2 trophies. Gonna have to start from scratch with new save if I want them.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Guessing none of the trophies glitched for you? I never got the max proficiency or last boss and act 2 trophies. Gonna have to start from scratch with new save if I want them.

I had the same problem with the last boss trophy and proficiency. I haven’t got the latter yet, but after doing the last boss again whilst chasing the secret ending it finally gave me the trophy.
  • I had a little run around biome 6 just for the sake of it today.  Discovered that I’d completely missed the Xeno-Archive on all my previous plays, it’s somewhat sneakily placed.
    regmcfly wrote:

Do you want any advice, or are you happy just plugging away at it?
  • tin_robot wrote:
    Guessing none of the trophies glitched for you? I never got the max proficiency or last boss and act 2 trophies. Gonna have to start from scratch with new save if I want them.
    I had the same problem with the last boss trophy and proficiency. I haven’t got the latter yet, but after doing the last boss again whilst chasing the secret ending it finally gave me the trophy.

Ah ok. Hopefully should give me the act 2 trophy too if I can do it again. Unless it can’t give act 2 and 3 trophies at same time.
  • Well that was a hard and shit one. Fucking machine gun automatons got me. 

Score: 31,891
  • Ooooof, tough challenge today, it seems.
  • Boris and Crayon still in with a chance to beat Jon’s total.
  • What’s the ending on today’s one?

It’s the white area but I can’t see how I’m meant to exit? I’ve completed all the doors?
  • 43245. :(

I was doing well until I ran out of doors.
  • Key thing is world rank - will check them all tomorrow. Still time, peeps.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Screwed it.

261 rank
  • Boris takes the lead!!!
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Did a quick run after up to fourth boss and had a great weapon perk. Leech rounds. Give you health back when you damage enemies. Shame it was only level 15. Couldn’t do enough damage in Fractured Wastes
  • Had a run through B3, and didn't find any of the 3 things I still need. I did stumble across a short cutscene I hadn't seen before though, which is a real surprise at this stage.

I think B3 may be my favourite to go back to now, when it was definitely the harshest first time through. It's brutal, but all the grapple points are a great leveller - a lot of slow moving brutes you can give the runaround.
  • I have the most fun in Biome 2 but that might be because it’s an intentional cakewalk for the first half.
  • It feels like the first time in a while that it didn’t come down to day 2. Usually it goes like this - b0r1s smashes it day one and has the title ripped from him at the death by a run from nowhere. That didn’t happen.

However, the more things change, the more they stay the same, and it was once again b0r1s who put in a great run and missed out by a hairs breadth.

Only 4,000 points separated b0r1s and Jon, absolutely nothing when the winning score was 308,325, a difference that signified just 5 leaderboard places globally!

So it is once again Jon who reigns supreme, with a respectable 74th place. Congrats to him and pew pew to you all.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I never liked this game anyway.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Right. What days we got this week. I’m taking no prisoners.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    tin_robot wrote:
    I had a little run around biome 6 just for the sake of it today.  Discovered that I’d completely missed the Xeno-Archive on all my previous plays, it’s somewhat sneakily placed.
    regmcfly wrote:

I'd take what I can get.
  • how and why are you dying? Can you tell what's killing you?
  • b0r1s wrote:
    Right. What days we got this week. I’m taking no prisoners.
    That would explain where you've been going wrong.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    tin_robot wrote:
    I had a little run around biome 6 just for the sake of it today.  Discovered that I’d completely missed the Xeno-Archive on all my previous plays, it’s somewhat sneakily placed.
    regmcfly wrote:
    I'd take what I can get.

Then apologies, because much of this is probably me repeating stuff you've heard before.  But tips for the first biome...
    Spoiler:
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    reg if you pay me a kebab I'll come to yours and beat it in an hour then u can tell gav he's shit cos he likes xbox AND you beat returnal, can show him the achievement and everything

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!