Returnal - on PC now
  • Officer_V wrote:
    Going back to this last night after 6/7 weeks of Mass Effects and Ratchet & Crank was intense. Also, going back to the ship and having a nap doesn't refill health anymore?! Things got a little rough whilst practicing and went back for a nap and got nothing!!

Yeah they took away the ship heal. Maybe they thought the game was too easy or something...

And yes, stepping back in after a break is a thing.
  • Officer_V wrote:
    Going back to this last night after 6/7 weeks of Mass Effects and Ratchet & Crank was intense. Also, going back to the ship and having a nap doesn't refill health anymore?! Things got a little rough whilst practicing and went back for a nap and got nothing!!
    Yeah they took away the ship heal. Maybe they thought the game was too easy or something... And yes, stepping back in after a break is a thing.

Oh mannnnnn. Loadsa new elements, the holograms that you can avenge? Did a couple but they didn't seem worth it? Is that the norm? I had just got to the third area, I'm thinking I should still navigate much of the first and second before tackling the third or should I be merely jumping to the third as there may be something new to quickly upgrade health etc not just weapon proficiency?
    Artist also known as Verecocha...
  • My preference for tackling areas is:
    Spoiler:
  • Re. Dead bodies / holograms - as with most things in this game, take on the challenge if you feel you’re short / lacking in sth. If I was already comfy, I’d skip them. If I was super weak, I’d maybe heal up and come back.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    I'm waiting for targets this week. Not getting trumped again!

Please not The Abyss
    Please not The Abyss
    Please not The Abyss
    Please not The Abyss
    Please not The Abyss
    Please not The Abyss
    Please not The Abyss
    Please not The Abyss
    Please not The Abyss

I hope it’s the Abyss.
    Spoiler:

Those are the lines I was thinking along, will continue on that path! Though I wouldn't have bothered with the Boss not through difficulty but I didn't think it'd be worthy, decent drop rate of something?
    Artist also known as Verecocha...
  • I'd do the opposite. There's a lot to learn on B3, so get back there asap and just start getting the hang of it. Once you feel like you're ready to have a proper shot at it, then clear out most of B1 first.

I don't think I've ever gone back to B2 on the way to B3.
  • Officer_V wrote:
    My preference for tackling areas is:
    Spoiler:
    Those are the lines I was thinking along, will continue on that path! Though I wouldn't have bothered with the Boss not through difficulty but I didn't think it'd be worthy, decent drop rate of something?

I do much the same, but avoid the boss. (I simply haven't gone back to him, and probably should.) My routine was...
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Do you know the real trick for the first biomes? This only works if you regularly have 30 ether really
    Spoiler:
  • 22,112 - 319

Yep that's the kinda score you get when you jump straight in and end up getting hit every 5 seconds. Surprised I lasted as long as I did!
  • Cinty be like: "stop rushing in, ya doofus!" After having watched my run when I killed the final boss
  • Is that 22 thousand? Surely you’ve missed a zero?
  • Officer_V wrote:
    My preference for tackling areas is:
    Spoiler:

I do the first boss always as it gives 5 ether on death. The machine outside your ship at the beginning of each run needs 5 / 6 ether to unlock new artificers and stuff. So, kill that boss and at least you can guarantee a new artifact at the beginning of the next run.
    Spoiler:
    Do you know the real trick for the first biomes? This only works if you regularly have 30 ether really
    Spoiler:

Interesting tactic.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Is that 22 thousand? Surely you’ve missed a zero?
    It happens. I tried one the other day, and after a few rooms of laser traps got slaughtered in the doorway of the first combat room. Scored about 10,000.
  • the lore / atmosphere are obvs great but its the gameplay which keeps me hooked as there are long stretches where the narrative isn't progressed
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg

Not great, not terrible.
  • Will try and get my run in between football matches.

Nice run, Jon.
  • Bah. Died on the big bad wolf at the end of the run. (Stat screen said I missed 2 rooms, presumably the secret room and the end room.)

Score: 243,861
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message

So close to Jon. Screwed it right at the end when I cleared the room and found one grunt got a lucky shot. Bloody hate scrambled maps.

Tbh I started really badly. That second room I got hit twice and it just set me up badly for a lot of my run.
  • Not a great score, not the worst - circa 125,000. Tomorrow, then.
  • 296843. (Current rank 81)

Got hit first. Played kind of cheesy.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Bah. Died on the big bad wolf at the end of the run. (Stat screen said I missed 2 rooms, presumably the secret room and the end room.)

Score: 243,861

There wasn’t a secret room (or it didn’t count) but there was a locked room.
  • 284,288. Rank 100

Only got hit once, but was slow as I really hate that gun…

I picked up loads of resin, but looks like that doesn’t count as silphium when scoring…
  • Yeah locked room is what I meant.
  • Fuck you all for beating my score. 

Didn’t like the gun. I blame the gun.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Must admit my sadness at not beating Jon was more than made up by beating you.

Gun was fun.
  • I got hit 5 times, so I'm surprised to have come out with a decent score.

I don't usually like that gun, but it was perked up enough to make it pretty feisty.
  • Well it's just not my week. Didn't handle the traps well and then I get blindsided by something I didn't see coming that knocked me the fuck out.

13,328 - 223.

Backs away quietly
  • I too had a bad run. Similarly tripped on a few traps I should have dodged, then destroyed by something that had warped in behind me whilst I was too busy focussing on the equally unpleasant beasts in front.

46,297. Rank 123

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!