adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    My left hinge is a bit noisy but I think it's because something-or-other is meant to be contained in the left hinge.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Blue Swirl wrote:
    Depends on what you mean by third party. There's plenty from Capcom, for example.
    I mean titles not developed by Nintendo. :-) [...] . What have Capcom released barring Resi and Street Fighter? I wouldn't be at all interested in those. What else is on the horizon?

I guess I was just fishing for a publisher or developer you like, so I could give some more examples of games.

Not interested in Street Fighter? Who are you and what have you done with the real Tiger? ;)
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • I think mine might be a launch day wobbler but I don't play like I'm on a come down so it has always seemed fine to me.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Blue Swirl wrote:
    Not interested in Street Fighter? Who are you and what have you done with the real Tiger? ;)

I dare say it would be fun, but after learning to play on stick I can't bear playing fighting games with a pad anymore. Otherwise I'd be all over it!

So, I'm getting dangerously close to selling all my Korean gameware and ordering a 3DS. Kid Icarus and MK7 are the only real must buys, right? I'm not bothered about vanilla Mario nor Zelda.

Any good deals going? Amazon are bundling Fifa with a 3DS for 135, I think. Not that I particularly want Fifa.

EDIT: Also, are there any decent RPGs on the system? Zelda doesn't count and I'm not interested in that Diablo thing.
  • @Tiger: That FIFA deal sounds pretty good, just trade the game in afterwards if you're not interested. I got the Mario Tennis Open 3DS bundle (£10 more than the 3DS) and got £23 trade in value which I put towards MK7.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    @ Tiger

The 3DS continues to be shite for RPGs.  There's only Tales of the Abyss, which is a port and rubbish to boot.
    Get schwifty.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Kingdom Hearts 3D is out next month, although that's an action RPG. There's also the Final Fantasy rhythm game, which will presumably feature RPG elements somewhere. There's some kind of Shin Megami Tensei game coming out at some point as well, published by Ghostlight.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Could always grab a Pokemon game?
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Blue Swirl wrote:
    I dare say it would be fun, but after learning to play on stick I can't bear playing fighting games with a pad anymore. Otherwise I'd be all over it!

But you can collect little action figures! And they fight people in Street Pass! And it has the Ds! Three of them! ;)
    So, I'm getting dangerously close to selling all my Korean gameware and ordering a 3DS. Kid Icarus and MK7 are the only real must buys, right? I'm not bothered about vanilla Mario nor Zelda.

MK7 is a must. I haven't bothered with KI because although I hear good things about the game, I hear awful things about the control scheme. Give Mario 3D Land a try, borrow it off a friend or something. It's genuinely wonderful, best Mario since 64.
    EDIT: Also, are there any decent RPGs on the system? Zelda doesn't count and I'm not interested in that Diablo thing.

Paper Mario is out soon. Also, Heroes of Ruin has a demo on the eShop so you may as well check it out before dismissing it. Another alternative is Pokemon Conquest, which isn't a 3DS game but looks like it could be a real life eater.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Raiziel wrote:
    @ Tiger

The 3DS continues to be shite for RPGs.  There's only Tales of the Abyss, which is a port and rubbish to boot.

My most played game is Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones - 90 hours. Thats a pretty decent RPG *tongue smiley*
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Oot is immense.

I'm upto the ice dungeon. I wonder what this blue fire could be used for? hehe, lucky I have three pots so I wont have to keep going back and forth. The graphics look amazing in this dungeon.

The boss of the fire dungeon was cool too but was easy as I just hid on the side (not going into detail to save the spoilers)
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    mk64 wrote:
    Oot is immense. I'm upto the ice dungeon. I wonder what this blue fire could be used for? hehe, lucky I have three pots so I wont have to keep going back and forth.

So you worked out the jars then, eh? Nice. The fourth one can be a bit of a pig to get, it'll be interesting to see if you end up finding it.
  • Just about to do the Forest Temple myself. Still love this game, 13 years after I first played it. The slightly updated graphics was a good call by Nintendo for this one too.
  • I am really puzzled with something though..

You know on the way to the water area which turns into the ice area? Where if you planted a seed (like i did) then it turns into a lift and transports you to the waterfall?

There is a heart shape thing on the left hand side, one of the things which contributes to getting more hearts. I've tried getting to it but i can't. I've tried with the hook etc. Or is it something I have to do as little link with the boomerang?

Also I worked out that playing the ocarina infront of the stones gives you a fairy. I get a suspicion that the game is counting them behind the scenes and that i'm supposed to find / collect them all?

I swear that sitting on the tube in the mornings or in the evening on my way home with my headphones on and jamming out some Ocarina tunes is one of lifes real pleasures. I love it when you're taught the song (esp the later ones) and the dude with teh harp chips in and accompanies you. Its impossible not to smile.
  • Not sure what you mean with the heart piece MK, but if it's in Zora's Domain then aren't there just a bunch of platforms you use to get there? You mean the waterfall you dive off as a kid to get the scale?
  • Also those fairys aren't a collectable, just handy for if you need one or want to bottle one.
  • You can only collect heart pieces by picking them up directly, not by using boomerangs etc.
    The one you mean is accessible by chicken, if it's the one on the pillar in the Zora's River area.
    Spoiler:
  • Oh yeah that one, I got that when I was young Link.
  • Good point.  You can ONLY get it when you're young, cos the chickens aren't there otherwise.
  • what if i grew a chicken from an egg and use that?
  • You could try, but you would not succeed.
  • just finished the water temple. It wasn't my favourite temple so far but the game just keeps on giving and giving. I was sat there wanting a longer hookshot and bam.. i got one. Being able to toggle heavy boots on my 3ds version of oot is great. I remember the menu on the n64 being slowwww, that would've been a fucking mare. 4 hour flight tomorrow, hope the battery holds out.
  • With WiFi off it just might!

The key to the Water Temple is doing it all in one go, it's not that bad really. Just need to keep focused.
  • it was brutal. I never did find the compass.
  • You have the blue tunic though, I take it?  First time I did the water temple I didn't and had to keep coming up for air.
  • You have the blue tunic though, I take it?  First time I did the water temple I didn't and had to keep coming up for air.

FUCK THAT!!!

yeah i defrosted the fat guy instead of hopping on the owl

• Yeah, it wasn't deliberate.  All the way through the temple I was thinking 'fuck me, this is nails' and only discovered that I could breathe underwater some time later in the game.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    The Water Temple kicked my arse, back in the N64 days. As people have said, it's not too bad if you do it in one go. It also really helps to make sure you make a mental note of where the water ends up for each switch.

This thread is taking me straight back to my school days. "Where are you in Zelda?". Brilliant. Next we'll be arguing over who's best at Goldeneye, seeing if anyone's managed to unlock the infinite ammo cheat yet.
  • NO ODDJOB
  • i could understand missing the red tunic and managing the fire temple but the water temple without tunic? Fuck me, would have taken about 4 X as long.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!