adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Perhaps we should try and set up some Kid Icarus multiplayer at some point.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • I was really surprised at how much meat there was to Kid Icarus. Pleasantly surprised.
    Animal Crossing - Name: Chrissy
    Island: Hopperton
    Fruit: Cherries
    FC: SW-6061-2213-4257
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I'm in for whenever!
  • regmcfly wrote:
    It absolutely needs a CPP. I got my CPP bundle from Zavvi when it was first released for £29.99 - gutted the price is pamfed up.

It's fun. Each level is about 20-25 minutes long. There's a lot of arctic shooting, but the bits on the Queen Zenobia with Jill are very old school RE in places. There's even a boss that reminded me (a little) of Nemesis. 
    I enjoyed it. It's a 7.5 out of 10.

Cool I'll check it out. Promised myself I'd finish Mario 3D and Mario Kart first though as don't want it to be a handheld I never finish stuff on!
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • i dont have 3 stars on everything on mazza :)
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • I got bored of Mario kart. I don't think I've got patience with games you have to be good at.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    MattyJ wrote:
    Cool I'll check it out. Promised myself I'd finish Mario 3D and Mario Kart first though as don't want it to be a handheld I never finish stuff on!

I love Resi Revs, on a second play through now. Bear in mind it does have some monumental difficulty spikes, but over all it's pretty damn solid.

mk64 wrote:
    i dont have 3 stars on everything on mazza :)

I do. PWNED. ;)
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Blue Swirl wrote:
    MattyJ wrote:

I love Resi Revs, on a second play through now. Bear in mind it does have some monumental difficulty spikes, but over all it's pretty damn solid.

mk64 wrote:
    i dont have 3 stars on everything on mazza :)

I do. PWNED. ;)

1v1?

He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Heh. Sure. We'd have to organise a time we can both be online though, and that might be awkward.

Also, odds on you leave me in the dust.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • I'm finding it really difficult to 3-star MK7. Got 4 cups on mirror left, but it seems to be completely down to luck. Do the amount of coins you collect affect your rank?
    Animal Crossing - Name: Chrissy
    Island: Hopperton
    Fruit: Cherries
    FC: SW-6061-2213-4257
  • Nintendo should remake Pokemon Red and Blue for the 3DS.

That will earn them my love and my sterlingpounds.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Hodgepodge wrote:
    I'm finding it really difficult to 3-star MK7. Got 4 cups on mirror left, but it seems to be completely down to luck. Do the amount of coins you collect affect your rank?

It's not clear what effects the rating you get, it's super annoying. But AFAIK the following has some bearing on whether you get two or three stars:

- amount of time you spend in first
    - amount of time it takes you to complete the race
    - number of times you get hit with weapons
    - number of times you fall off the track

So you have to win each race, not fall off too much, spend as much time in first place, etc., to get a three-star rating.
  • Wait, a 3DS is 'only' 125 pounds now? What did it launch at?

Seriously tempted. How has the 3rd party support been? Most of the games I see people talking about are from Nintendo.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    £200? £250? Something like that.

Depends on what you mean by third party. There's plenty from Capcom, for example.
  • Playing OOT at the moment. Played it for the first time on Gamecube. Still magic.
    3DS friend code: 2809-8024-1882
    AC: New Leaf: James (Ardis) 
    Wii U: BennyProfane
    Switch: SW-4893-5168-5693
  • Where are you at jimmy?
  • Just defeated Twinrova a couple of minutes ago. A quick rendezvous with an old friend now, and it's Ganondorf after that.
    3DS friend code: 2809-8024-1882
    AC: New Leaf: James (Ardis) 
    Wii U: BennyProfane
    Switch: SW-4893-5168-5693
  • Blue Swirl wrote:
    Depends on what you mean by third party. There's plenty from Capcom, for example.
    I mean titles not developed by Nintendo. :-)

It just seems, and this could be well off the mark, that the vast majority of titles discussed are Nintendo's own. Mario, Mario Kart, Kid Icarus, Starfox, Zelda, etc. What have Capcom released barring Resi and Street Fighter? I wouldn't be at all interested in those.

What else is on the horizon?
  • Castlevania, Mickey mouse thing, heroes of ruin (Diablo esque), final fantasy rhythm game, metal gear solid 3, rhythm thief, Tekken, FIFA are a few decent 3rd party games released or imminent.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I'd like Tekken - anyone got it?
  • Oooh, is that the Castle of Illusion sequel? I'd forgotten about that! I really want a 3DS now. Fuck. I think I might sell my Korean 360 and arcade stick to fund a purchase. Region lock is such a cunt, I'd need to get a PAL console really. 

How bad is the build quality? I know a few people have had complaints.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Build quality is a bit rubbish but doesn't hamper your enjoyment. 

Castle of Illusion/ Epic Mickey dealie is also from the Henry Hatfield people !
  • It'll hamper my enjoyment if it shatters into Nintydust the moment I turn it on, Reg. HONESTLY.

Seriously, how serious are the issues? Srs.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Well - have you ever had game breaking build quality with Nintendo? I don't think so. The issues are as follows - 

1. Your bottom screen can get scratched with the edges of the top. I've never found this happening on mine, but to be sure, put a bit of foam or sommat in .

2. The circle pad can be pretty intense on your thumb after a while (likely why the Wii U ditched it) so just watch out.

3. Battery life = 3-4 hours. Be prepared.
  • Thanks!

Only #1 sounds like a real issue to me. I guess I'd find a workaround.
  • What's wrong with the circle pad?  I'm don't really understand what the issue's meant to be?  You did forget to mention the hinge thing though, which seems to annoy some people (i.e. many models have a bit of waggle in the hinge).
  • I kinda love Kid Icarus. Superb action and beautiful production design make the game a joy to play through, as does the exemplary use of 3D. The rail shooter sections are my favourite and have me grinning like an idiot throughout, although I'm still struggling a little with the controls when on the ground. I'll get used to it though.

Wonderful game.
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    I had a launch model, waggly hinge annoyed, no issue with screen marking, had another one a few months ago which did leave marks on the screen (easily wiped off), it didn't have a waggly hinge, but the left trigger used to squeak and annoy.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Probably better to use screen protectors than a piece of foam because with foam you have contact/pressure - I've heard stories of foam not halting the issue. Bear in mind that if your screen gets damaged by the bezel around the bottom one, Nintendo will repair it for free under the warranty (which will itself extend the warranty by 12 months). I think you can send it in if the hinge really starts to get on your tits as well. So basically while there are issues with build quality, if there's something that becomes really annoying you'll probably be able to send it for repairs and then with the extended warranty you'll be able to send it in again if something else happens or the problem recurs.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Ahh yes, I forgot the hinge. On some people's launch consoles this was an issue as it was a bit loose. I got mine about a month after they came out and haven't had a problem with mine.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!