Good morning sunshine
‹ Previous12345
  • Just a curiosity question for the forum - do you have a morning routine that you like to follow and if so, care to share?

I've really gotten into getting up early this year as part of a (very light) work out schedule. It was hard going early, especially in the darker months of both winter/spring and covid, but summer always brings the brightness early so its lovely at the moment.

What do others do? We've a wide variety of badgers here so I'm guessing an equally wide range of routines or lack of.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Get up as close to 6 as I can. Walk the pooch. Water the garden. Have a shower. Do some light internetting. Then wake up the rest of the house and run around in a mad scramble for the next hour trying to get everyone fed, dressed and out the house on time.
  • I am a creature of habit, I'll post mine once it's finished this morning as the kids won't allow me more than 5 seconds of peace
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • A biiiiiiiiiggggggg wank.
  • Make breakfast. It's always the same thing, muesli with fresh fruit and nuts. Wait for the coffee machine to heat up. Have cigarette with said coffee while browsing the internet. But oh no, the coffee was too hot, so I still have half a cup left by the time the cigarette is over, so then I have another cig to ensure both are finished at the same time. Then check my plants and log on to my German lesson.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    At the moment it's roll out of bed at 6:30, shower and make a flask of coffee, go and get all my site visits done, back for 12ish, sit and wait for any maintenance support calls.

Some days delete the site visits and replace with sit all day waiting for maintenance support calls, don't get any so play Xbox/read all day. I've had it easy since the pandemic hit but boy do I miss going to an office for the interaction.
  • I’m a slave to my children. If I had any routine, it would be something they needed.
  • I wake up when the kids come into my room about 6am, the next hour is trying to get them to play quietly in their room so I can try and get some more sleep.
    I give up at 7am, go downstairs and make their breakfast (bowl of cereal, Nutella on toast, fresh juice),
    Sit down and play whatever the boys current Switch obsession is (currently Pokémon Shield).
    This goes on until 7:55am when I go upstairs for a cold shower and get dressed. 8:15am I start to get the boys dressed for school.
    Lots of fighting, wrestling and negotiation later I get them out of the door at 8:45.
    Arrive at school for 8:46, drop off and home by 8:48.

Quick tidy of the lounge, breakfast dishes in the dishwasher.
    Make a pot of coffee and be at my work desk by 9am ready to start the day.
    Work until 1030am when I down tools for PopMaster on Radio 2.

Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • I wake up when the kids come into my room about 6am, the next hour is trying to get them to play quietly in their room so I can try and get some more sleep.
    I give up at 7am, go downstairs and make their breakfast (bowl of cereal, Nutella on toast, fresh juice),
    Sit down and play whatever the boys current Switch obsession is (currently Pokémon Shield).
    This goes on until 7:55am when I go upstairs for a cold shower and get dressed. 8:15am I start to get the boys dressed for school.
    Lots of fighting, wrestling and negotiation later I get them out of the door at 8:45.
    Arrive at school for 8:46, drop off and home by 8:48.

Quick tidy of the lounge, breakfast dishes in the dishwasher.
    Make a pot of coffee and be at my work desk by 9am ready to start the day.
    Work until 1030am when I down tools for PopMaster on Radio 2.

Mine is awfully similar!

I actually take them downstairs and get them dressed first now, then when I give them cereal I get their bags/lunches ready and run upstairs to dress myself. Although there is more chance that I’ll need to change them when coco pops are all over them, it’s easier knowing they are already dressed at least.

I have 2 girls so I try to leave their hair till last minute though because if I do it any earlier they will need it doing again before we leave. I can only do ponytails… but I’m getting pretty good at them!
  • Wake up at 5. Stick some YouTube video on the TV while I get dressed.  Have a bowl of cereal. Brush teeth. Get my stuff together for work. Drive to work. Work.
  • Wake up, put dog out, feed dog, have shit, wash, dress, work. All in a hungover fog.
  • Wake up, fall out of bed. Drag a comb across my head. Find my way downstairs and drink a cup. Look up, notice I'm late. Find my coat, grab my hat. Make the bus in seconds flat.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Webbins wrote:
    Wake up, fall out of bed. Drag a comb across my head. Find my way downstairs and drink a cup. Look up, notice I'm late. Find my coat, grab my hat. Make the bus in seconds flat.

I'd love to turn you on.

• Wake up about 7 but snooze listening to the news on my phone until about 7.45.

Get out of bed, make a coffee. Sit on the sofa and have a cigarette or vape whilst drinking said coffee. This normally brings on my shit, so go do that.

Another coffee.

Wash / make presentable.

Another coffee and cig whilst checking work notifications from overnight.

Sit at my desk around 9.15 and start work.

Pre-covid would be different, out of bed, shower and out the door in about 15 minutes.
  • FranticPea wrote:
    Webbins wrote:
    Wake up, fall out of bed. Drag a comb across my head. Find my way downstairs and drink a cup. Look up, notice I'm late. Find my coat, grab my hat. Make the bus in seconds flat.
    I'd love to turn you on.

You're just starved of interaction.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • In the morning, if my face is a little puffy, I'll put on an ice pack while doing my stomach crunches. I can do a thousand now. After I remove the ice pack, I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower, I use a water activated gel cleanser. Then a honey almond body scrub. And on the face, an exfoliating gel scrub. Then apply an herb mint facial mask, which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an aftershave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.
  • Thank fuck somebody posted that.
  • Exactly like LivDiv's routine, but with a big wank at the end.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Morning routine complete, I am now at my desk with a cup of coffee and big bowl of Cornflakes
  • Get up.
    Toilet. 
    Brush teeth.
    Weight myself. 
    (Maybe check work laptop for emergencies.)
    Shower. 
    Light stretches. 
    Dress. 
    Coffee. 
    Work/rest of day depending on workday or not.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Get up.
    Go back to sleep.
  • Forgot to add. I weigh myself every morning.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I forgot to add the morning poo at 7:55am. And then the second morning post coffee poo at 9:30
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Pretty sure you're still full of shit after 9:30 Wooks.

:D
  • FranticPea wrote:
    Pretty sure you're still full of shit after 9:30 Wooks. :D

Of course I am. I just act confident and people don't realise.
  • Snooze button
    Snooze button
    Snooze button
    Snooze button
    Get up, make coffee - freshly ground.
    Need a shit but already running late because snooze button
    Get bus and wonder if I’ll make it to the office without shitting myself
    Get to the office
    Clock in
    Go poop
  • Ah, saving your poo for work time. Nice one. 
    Paid to poo!
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Forgot to add. I weigh myself every morning.

Yeah, I started this the last few months as well. Good way to stay on track I suppose.

My target morning:
    5am wake - jog for 20 minutes (as silly as this mat sound, I jog in my kitchen)
    5.20 - 10 minute work out
    5 30 - weights (simple mix of routines, nothing crazy
    5.50 - journal
    6.00 - to do lists for the day
    6 10 - open emails and adjust to do
    6 30 - chill, flick through morning headlines and have coffee
    7 - get meal stuff ready for daughter and wife.
    7.30 - shower

And then my family are up so that becomes the focus.

I'm not quite there yet and a few mornings I take longer to get going (getting up not so hard but the inclination to flick on YouTube or aimlessly browse the Web is frankly disturbing at how strong it is) but I do aim for the above and when I get it I generally start the day in great form and have a really productive day which has the knock on effect of letting me enjoy evening time down more.

Also depends on me hitting the bed around 11/11.30 night before
    SFV - reddave360
  • A shaft of sunlight pours through the curtain onto my face. It's too early. Or maybe it's too late. I could get up to close the curtain but its too much effort and if I move too fast at this stage, I'll vomit. I pull the duvet over my face, spilling the ashtray, half-empty cans of Tenants and discarded syringes all over the place. There's someone else in there with me. A woman. The call girl from last night. And she's still on the clock. I suppose I better get her up and out of here but then there's the usual turning over from my bowels. I know from experience that this won't be reasoned with. I roll off the mattress on the floor and crawl on my hands and knees to the toilet where all hell breaks loose. I should stop getting the same Indian takeaway every night. I should stop doing a lot of things. Then there's the banging on the door. The landlord again. Or maybe the bailiffs. Jokes on them. There's almost nothing left from the last time. I clean up using yesterday's copy of the Daily Express and make my way downstairs, turning on GB News on my rented tv as the front door gets kicked in.
  • Fall out of bed 2hrs before my shift starts. Shower. Brush teeth. Make a large coffee with freshly ground beans through the aeropress with hot milk, froth a little on top. Bowl of cereal. Out the door, sometimes (I mean usually) with another coffee for travel/1st hr of work.
‹ Previous12345

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!