Good morning sunshine
  • I'm off today, so that, but just slowly.
  • QFTFPT
    Fall out of bed 2hrs before my shift starts. Shower. Brush teeth. Make a large coffee with freshly ground beans through the aeropress with hot milk, froth a little on top. Bowl of cereal. Out the door, sometimes (I mean usually) with another coffee for travel/1st hr of work.
  • 08:00Alarm.
    Second alarm half hour later.
    Get up ten minutes or so later.
    Feed dog.
    Poo.
    Shower.
    Walk dog.
    09:30 Start work, normally with some uplifting music on, today is a 90s Soul playlist from Spotify.

I hate anybody speaking to me or each other in this window, just fuck off until 09:30, ideally 10:00.
    If I cant shower the day is ruined. If I cant poo I wont do any work until I can poo.
  • Get up at 7.05. 
    Cuddle Mrs till 7.07. 
    Go to the toilet and play clash/pokemon/instagram/forum
    Shower from 7.13 - 7.20
    Dress from 7.20-7.30
    Leave house at 7.30 and walk to train station
    Go into shop at 7.37 and buy a btl of evian or coke zero and pickled onion space raiders. Thank the shopkeeper
    Walk into station at 7.39
    Train at 7.43
    Watch Cheers on my phone or youtube till I get off the train at Blackfriars, change to the circle and district and board said tube at 8.18. 
    Get off at 8.25 at Monument, walk into office, set up laptop and start work at 8.30. 
    Work till about 10, have a pint of water, continue working till 11.50 when I stop working and plan what i'll have for lunch. 

Repeat
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • LivDiv wrote:
    In the morning, if my face is a little puffy, I'll put on an ice pack while doing my stomach crunches. I can do a thousand now. After I remove the ice pack, I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower, I use a water activated gel cleanser. Then a honey almond body scrub. And on the face, an exfoliating gel scrub. Then apply an herb mint facial mask, which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an aftershave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

Made my morning.
  • monkey wrote:
    A shaft of sunlight pours through the curtain onto my face. It's too early. Or maybe it's too late. I could get up to close the curtain but its too much effort and if I move too fast at this stage, I'll vomit. I pull the duvet over my face, spilling the ashtray, half-empty cans of Tenants and discarded syringes all over the place. There's someone else in there with me. A woman. The call girl from last night. And she's still on the clock. I suppose I better get her up and out of here but then there's the usual turning over from my bowels. I know from experience that this won't be reasoned with. I roll off the mattress on the floor and crawl on my hands and knees to the toilet where all hell breaks loose. I should stop getting the same Indian takeaway every night. I should stop doing a lot of things. Then there's the banging on the door. The landlord again. Or maybe the bailiffs. Jokes on them. There's almost nothing left from the last time. I clean up using yesterday's copy of the Daily Express and make my way downstairs, turning on GB News on my rented tv as the front door gets kicked in.

Beautiful.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I can still remember the first Saturday I woke up without a hangover in several years - after our first child was born. Sigh.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Always wake at about 5am-ish even though I'm not up for a while after.

Lie and think about stuff and have my brain go on a fucking journey.

Do Dragalia Lost dailies around 6am.

Get up at 6:35 even though my alarm is 6:45.

Get dressed

Teeth

Contact lens

Urinate

Do hair

Get in car

Go to work

Arrive for 7:05am

Make coffee

Sit at computer and off we go.
  • mk64 wrote:
    Get up at 7.05. 
    Cuddle Mrs till 7.07. 
    Go to the toilet and play clash/pokemon/instagram/forum
    Shower from 7.13 - 7.20
    Dress from 7.20-7.30
    Leave house at 7.30 and walk to train station
    Go into shop at 7.37 and buy a btl of evian or coke zero and pickled onion space raiders. Thank the shopkeeper
    Walk into station at 7.39
    Train at 7.43
    Watch Cheers on my phone or youtube till I get off the train at Blackfriars, change to the circle and district and board said tube at 8.18. 
    Get off at 8.25 at Monument, walk into office, set up laptop and start work at 8.30. 
    Work till about 10, have a pint of water, continue working till 11.50 when I stop working and plan what i'll have for lunch. 

Repeat

You work next to me! i used to work in the office outside monument station (on king William street) and in the peninsular house building. Moved recently to minster building.

I usually get off at Blackfriars or London Bridge and walk though (mainly just being cheap as I buy an overground return).
  • I work at Cannon Street. Not far, then!
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • It’s a shame we have a fully kitted out office which was finished last October, and there’s only ever 5 of us in (if anyone). I sometimes get the whole office to myself and it’s built for 200+ people. I only go in once every 2/3 weeks.

I’m leaving in September as well so will probably never see it get used. All those meeting rooms and desk setups for nothing!
  • I used to get up at the last possible minute, chuck clothes on and almost always have to jog to the station to catch my train, but my routine has changed a bit.

New routine:

Get up at 4.50

Leave house at 5.15, walk to pick up point while listening to an album I've downloaded on Tidal.

Get picked up by colleague at 5.40

Get to work at 7ish. During the driving part we have discovered these things called 'podcasts', which it turns out are pretty gud. The Rewatchables, Mark Kermode and lads lads pancake Peter Crouch are the ones we've tried so far.

For the past couple of months I've been doing a bit of exercise at work shortly after getting in. Push ups and fucking around with a dumbell every other day. Must be doing me some good.

Then I do a spot of work, then usually play Switch between 8.30 and 9.30 while we wait for the post to arrive.
  • I get up when I want, except on Wednesdays when I get rudely awakened by the dustmen.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Safe in the knowledge there will always be a bit of your heart devoted to them.
  • PARKLIFE!
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Snooze button
    Snooze button
    Snooze button
    Snooze button
    Get up, make coffee - freshly ground.
    Need a shit but already running late because snooze button
    Get bus and wonder if I’ll make it to the office without shitting myself
    Get to the office
    Clock in
    Go poop

Biiiiiig wank
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • So who brushes teeth before breakfast?

Personally I'm eating breakfast and having coffee before teeth as I like to have clean teeth and fresh breath heading to work (in the before times).

Curious why those brush teeth before food do so
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Because I wake up with minging breath and do a lot of other stuff before I get to eating.
  • I just hate to have that taste in my mouth waking up, and prefer to have everything sorted upstairs before I go downstairs and make things, for efficiency and time. All imo.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    MattyJ wrote:
    So who brushes teeth before breakfast?

Personally I'm eating breakfast and having coffee before teeth as I like to have clean teeth and fresh breath heading to work (in the before times).

I don't eat breakfast so where does that leave me..
  • With a headache and short temper mid-morning? I need something or I just don't function.
  • It’s the most important meal of the day Reg.
  • MattyJ wrote:

First coffee, than teeth to be brushed. It's just good science.
    SFV - reddave360
  • regmcfly wrote:
    MattyJ wrote:

I don't eat breakfast so where does that leave me..

Same. o/

Also, dentists advise to brush before eating. Reduces the risk of you having something even slightly acidic or sugary etc and then brushing and taking some enamel off. Won’t affect everybody, but worth reducing the risk. Something like that. Don’t quote me on it.

I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    poprock wrote:
    It’s the most important meal of the day Reg.

I destroy it at the weekend when I can do a good one. Weekdays it's just coffee.
  • Saaaaame. I’ll have a cup of tea maybe, but I don’t eat breakfast. And I barely even eat lunch anymore, I might make myself some toast with olives as I’m making lunch for my youngest after pre-school, but I don’t sit down and make myself anything anymore.

I never had breakfast even as a young child, my mum would make me mulligatawny soup before school when I was little as it was the only thing I would eat. Weird I know.
  • Ah, saving your poo for work time. Nice one.  Paid to poo!

The boss makes a dollar, I make a dime.

That's why I shit...
    Spoiler:
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I also poo at work. School toilets are industrial.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!