Your Celebrity Encounters
  • Skondo wrote:
    Alan Ball at a restaurant in the New Forest. He was really annoying as he was very loud and kept referring to himself in the third person - ‘oh yes, Mr Ball liked that’.

Are you sure it wasn't DS?
  • I once puked on Bez's shoes.

Edit: previous me said this two years ago.  I guess it's my one story.
    [quote="Moot_Geeza"]I hope you've been putting lotto tickets on recently Kris. You're overdue a bit of luck. [/quote]
  • Edit: 500-Bonk!
    [quote="Moot_Geeza"]I hope you've been putting lotto tickets on recently Kris. You're overdue a bit of luck. [/quote]
  • Oh! My other one is about Colin Kazim-Richards, if you count him as a celeb.

Cutting a long story short, I called him a lazy c**t.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Many pages here. Did I mention when Sharon Osborne tried to have sex with me?
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Because I have a mate with sports connections it's usually sporting celebs.

Have been in the players' lounge in the Crucible during the Snooker World Champs. Met plenty of players - Gents all.

Been in Rory McIlroy's company a few times. It was just before him going out "normally" became impossible - one night we had to fend a lot of ladies off him. Nice guy.

At a table with Jonathan Rae (world superbike champ 6 times). Very quiet and unassuming.

But have also been out for drinks with Sam Halliday of 2 Door Cinema Club. Lovely guy.

Haven't met any celeb tossers thankfully.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Can’t say I recall that. Do tell.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I doubt his counselling allows for that.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • I met Paolo Di Canio at work, and had a pretty lengthy conversation, not really about football but i thought it was a good opportunity to try and sell him some stock that had been hanging around for a while. But he was a Real gentleman and made an effort to shake my hand, etc. My favourite celebrity encounter was when I worked in a contact centre and none other than Barry Davies called me! I was initially annoyed because he must have been blasting some classical music whilst he was on hold, and he took a while to turn it down (it sounded amazing, tho, so he must have a top notch audio system). As the call progressed, I thought he sounded familiar, but the penny finally dropped when he gave me his name as I was taking payment details, I was seriously "WTFing" in my head, he was the voice of the most iconic sporting moments of my youth. Especially Wimbledon. Absolute honour to speak to him.
  • Been on a plane with the boys from Jackass. That was fun.
    Delivered a few personal training sessions for Stephen Mulhurn.
    Had a chat poolside with Julia Stiles when she was the only one there (I was the in house PT for the Berkeley Hotel in Knightsbridge for a year so very often had only one or two people visit at a time, sometimes celebrities. Quite annoyed that I was off on the day that Britney Spears came to stay and use the hotel gym)
    I told Little Mix to fuck off and stop messing around in Tesco when I was trying to pay for my lunch.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • I will add that Julia Stiles was absolutely lovely, so charming and friendly. She just wanted to talk about me and asked me a million questions.
    She seemed so kind and down to earth
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • And the pride and joy was being hit by Master Ken. He was brilliant
  • I will add that Julia Stiles was absolutely lovely, so charming and friendly. She just wanted to talk about me and asked me a million questions.
    She seemed so kind and down to earth

Oh, dude. She was... you know what, never mind.

• Erm... Oh.
  • Some obscure ones: Barry Fry (ex bham city manager ) came to my wedding

Daley Thompson i met a bunch of times as he had a child with my cousin

Harry Connick Jnr i served him in HMV

Shigeru Miyamoto i met and shook hands withat a ganes show back in the 3DO launch era of gaming. Was it EGC??

PSN - minkymu
  • My brother met Stephen Mulhurn when he was early in his career, was it CITV he started on? Anyway, my brother said he was a twat.
  • ZMM wrote:
    My brother met Stephen Mulhurn when he was early in his career, was it CITV he started on? Anyway, my brother said he was a twat.
    Ah that's a shame. He was ok to me. Nice enough and we had some good chat
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I said hello to Eddie Izzard.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I seem to miss celebs while going to the toilet.

When in Vegas the first time, I was in Caesar's Palace, been drinking while playing the slots, busting for a piss, popped to the loo, missus said I just missed Dita Von Tease.

When I was running my business was having a late business dinner with clients in the Soho Hotel, drinking again, and missed Jason Statham and his entourage who walked passed our table. My business partner commented on how short he was.

I bet I've missed dozens over the years.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Aim your piss better.
  • Oh I forgot I met Tom Jones at the security in Gatwick Airport. He said hello.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Kow wrote:
    Aim your piss better.

:-(
  • Dunno if I've told this before but my oldest brother was once a contestant on The Crystal Maze and we all went down to see it get filmed. It was the Xmas "kids" ep so all the families were put up in a local hotel. I was about 8. I loved the show and loved Richard O'Brien but it turned out it was going to be the first ep with the new guy, something Toole, can't remember. What I do remember was running about daft in the aztec zone, and the final zone with all the gold and silver bits of foil. Oh, and the buffet on set. Free doughnuts on tap was a new sensation. Mum still has the crystal in its box. I think we found the ep on YouTube years later after dad taped over it by mistake with a John Wayne movie or a Tina Turner concert.

So yeah, that guy.
  • That's properly awesome.
  • I’d like more info on Gav’s story.  Specifically the set.  I used to dream about being able to run around that thing, so what a tale.
  • I sat on a table next to spike lee and his entourage at Ham Yard following an LFF.
  • I used to dream about going on Fun House as well, or that show Finders Keepers with the house
  • Didn't we have another thread like this before or was that on the old forum? 

Anyway, got hit on by Gabby Yorath/Logan at La Manga and she asked me to have a threesome with a Soccer AM Soccerette. 
    Did the eulogy at step-dad's funeral whilst Chris Coleman stood at the back of the venue chewing gum rather furiously. 
    Got touched up and hit on by Mark Owen from Take That. 
    Did an hour-long documentary with ghastly MP Anne Widdecombe for ITV on female body image. 
    Caddied for Ivan Lendl during Wimbledon fortnight. 
    Recently coached a kids' football team alongside Danny Murphy for a couple of seasons. 
    Was approached by some Channel 4 presenter (my wife swears it was Norton) about 20 years ago to go on a show called Hypnosex, where my girlfriend (now-wife) and I would be hypnotised and asked about our sex life. We politely declined despite ever-increasing financial offers. 
    Picked my brother up from a party once to see him outside the venue getting rather handsy with Kiera Knightley (consensual, I hasten to add). Other brother once went out with Sarah Lindsay, who was an Olympic Speed skater - came back from a club off my tits to tell them what a great night I'd had and both of them were asleep, post-coital , stark naked. 
    Seen a shitload of celebrities in my old clubbing days, including seeing Philip Schofield and Andy Peters copping off. Then a group of Eastenders going into Billion Dollar Babes with one of them wearing chaps (was either Ricky or Bianca's dad) No-one believed me for years on the Schofield one.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!