Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Was good mates with Ryan Giggs' mum when I was a kid stuck in hospital for weeks on end. She worked as a cleaner at Pendlebury Children's Hospital and she always stopped for a chat with 10/11yo me. Lovely woman.

Got me a signed United poster by all the players of the 94/95 squad for my birthday, and Gary Pallister came on the ward one day to meet the kids. Best day ever up to that point.

Led to me crying when I came out of hospital Christmas Eve 1995 as on Xmas day Giggs and Sharpe were coming to the ward and I wanted to stay.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    cockbeard wrote:
    Wasn't until two or three years later that she started to actually do any modelling though, which made her way more attractive and less self centred than Leilani

How old did that make her though? Straying into "I shagged Natalie Portman before she was famous" territory innit?
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Huh. Turns out me and DS may have been stuck in Pendlebury Children's Hospital for weeks(months) on end around the same time.

Edit: Wait, 95 ...no I was there earlier. Get off my turf DS.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    FranticPea wrote:
    Huh. Turns out me and DS may have been stuck in Pendlebury Children's Hospital for weeks(months) on end around the same time.

Wut that's mad if so
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    How old did that make her though? Straying into "I shagged Natalie Portman before she was famous" territory innit?

Well that scared me, but being as Myspace existed it must've been 2003 at the earliest, which puts us at 23 and 19, which isn't terribly unhealthy

edit: seems she wasn't one of the ones with a countdown to her 18th birthday
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Stan collymoore (pre dogging) went out with my step sister.

I met a couple of darts players, eric bristow, jockey wilson and also the gezzer off bullseye as a kid. Jim bowen that was him

Nearly had a fight at a petrol station on the aston expressway with that villa player daly atkinson was it? Does homes under the hammer now. Hes a prick.

My step cousin had a kid with daley thompson who I briefly met. The met when she worked for galaxy radio. He left his wife lol.

Oh and i met barry fry
    PSN - minkymu
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    FranticPea wrote:

Was gonna say you're like 20 years older than me.

Fantastic hospital though, really cared about the kids.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Dion Dublin
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I was working the night Tommy Sheridan didn't have his affair in our hotel.

For a guy who doesn't drink he sure did put away 3 bottles of champagne, and for someone who didn't have an affair sure went up in the lift with someone who wasn't his wife.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Matt Bellamy from Muse ran screaming bare naked across our upper area in the bar.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    I was working the night Tommy Sheridan didn't have his affair in our hotel.

For a guy who doesn't drink he sure did put away 3 bottles of champagne, and for someone who didn't have an affair sure went up in the lift with someone who wasn't his wife.

What a disaster, a catastrophe.

I once served at-the-time Celtic manager Wee Strach when I worked at the Vue Cinema in Hamilton. Wife is two foot taller than him, fair play.
  • Ray from Grange Hill lived around the corner from me.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    One of my mates shagged Cat Deeley. She was quite a bit older than him.
  • I was metres away from OJ Simpson when he was at Heathrow airport once.  I remember all the TV crew and wondered what the fuss was about before I caught a glimpse of the man I had seen so much of on TV.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Mitch Pileggi from the X Files psyched out 11 year old me and told me that Skinner was going to die in season 4 of the X Files and that I shouldn't tell anyone.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I told everyone
  • Gordon Kay from ‘allo ‘allo lived in the same area of town as my mum and he used to ask her out all the time apparently. She always declined as she knew it was just cover and when he was finally outed by some tabloid sting in the early 90’s - she sat there all evening smugly telling us over and over that that was why she always declined and that she’d seen the sham all along.
    Talking of Allo Allo, my mate at Bournemouth Uni lived next door to Mimi Labonq - she came round to complain about music/noise a few times.
  • Was in the Wrestlers in Highgate, and the chap who played Minty? In Eastenders walks in. Someone shouts "Minty you cunt" so he turned around and walked out.
  • Met Darren O'brien at a dive bar in Holloway in 2005. Kept calling my mate a closet gay, all very amusing.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I got John De Lancie to sign a book authored by William Shatner thar didn't have Q in it.
  • Dominik Diamond tried to elbow me out of the way at the bar in the Arches. When that failed he tried the ‘don’t you know who I am?’ approach and I told him to shut up and wait his turn.
  • Brooks wrote:
    Who's shagged one then? I want the real content.

Closest I ever got was when Rolf Harris visited my primary school.
  • Huey Morgan barged into me and got beer over himself. He was in a rage because Donna Air and Cat Deeley had struck up a conversation with me at the bar.

I gave him a pat on the head the wee scamp, and he told me I was lucky everybody knew who he was or he would of beat the shit out of me.

Pleasant little man.
    Can-of-sprite
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    FranticPea wrote:

Was gonna say you're like 20 years older than me.

Fantastic hospital though, really cared about the kids.

20??

You'll end up back in hospital in a minute sonny.
  • I was on the tube with *looks up name* Laura Haddock once.
    She is the love interest from The Inbetweeners movie, was in that mental King Arthur Transformers movie as well. Also Star Lord's mum in GotG.
    One of those that are genuinely, breath takingly hot IRL. She wouldn't have troubled a top ten based on just seeing her in movies but IRL god damn.

Walked into Louise Redknapp as we both came through the same door at the same time. The opposite effect, not even close to as hot as you would imagine IRL.
  • Is that British R&B singer Lemar (sp?) considered a celebrity?  Cos I worked with him for a year while he was still in auditions stage of his life.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Oh yeah. Went to Aisling Bea's birthday party. Forgot about that. 
    Loads of comedians there.

Aisling is fucking hilarious consistently and super friendly. Proper stereotypically Irish wanting everyone to have a good time.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Daniel Bedingfield would stay in our hotel once a year and would always ask staff what was good to do in Glasgow.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Did you always respond with “you gotta go do this”?
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I didn't because I wanted to keep my job. He also tipped well.

I can also provide a scale of tippers.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!