Your Celebrity Encounters
  • Retail fuck me. I served Harry Connick Jnr in HMV
    PSN - minkymu
  • Biggins was a prick. I didn’t know who he was granted but he was a twat. Full of himself and kept bursting into song during dinner
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Yasar Arafat nearly ran me down as I was crossing the road in Madrid listening to music.
  • I don't know who to pick, Chelsea Clinton, Kate Middleton, or Chris Eubank
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Shag, marry, murder?
  • Cockbeard wins by a mile. Lucy Pinder...my goodness she was amazing. Didn't reveal her nips for such a long time lol. I doff my cap to you sir.
    Some great stories in here I've lived such a boring life. closest I came to a celeb was Callum best. He was in a club drinking. In a little roped off section just for him and his entourage. That will tell the shitness level of my sightings.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Minkymu wrote:
    Dion Dublin

Thats him. What a twat. He asked me what i was staring at, wasn’t even looking at him so i told him to fuck off. That resulted in a bit of nose to nose slanging match nonsense

Kin ell, I always thought I could take you Minky, but now I'm not so sure
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • I have quite a unique second name.

My oldest sister met Trevor McDonald on a Wednesday (and didn’t tell me) and I met him on the Friday and I introduced myself he asked if I was related. I could t believe it
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • I once had to pay for Kofi Annan's taxi after he was violently sick in it then squared up to the driver. I swear it was about to kick off so I just paid the £60 to have done with it. Never going to see the Pussycat Dolls with him again, mentalist.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I was at the Cake and Bake Show in Manchester one year and one of the judges from Britain's Best Dish on ITV stopped me and asked me if I'd help take a photo for this woman who wanted a photo with him. Obviously I was happy to oblige but then once I took hold of the woman's phone he went "Don't steal the phone," seemingly non-ironicly and internally I was like "WTF I'M NOT POOR"
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Minkymu wrote:
    Dion Dublin

Thats him. What a twat. He asked me what i was staring at, wasn’t even looking at him so i told him to fuck off. That resulted in a bit of nose to nose slanging match nonsense

He aint that big lol.

Just full of himself. Like i say just a twat that had to be stood up too.

PSN - minkymu
  • Just back from Australia, about 3am I would have guessed by the way the pitch black night sky was giving way to morning light threatening to break to the east, but time had lost all meaning by now anyway.

I was stood at Heathrow pick up point far away from the main building awaiting one of my parents to arrive.

A mini cab pulled up and the boot popped. Inside were 4 or 5 film canisters.

A man got out the car and began to unload them.

I stared the whole time not really noticing I was doing it, part watching part zoned out.

The man stood up no more than a metre away from me and looked me dead in the eye. I stared not so much into his eyes but totally through him, I was a sleep deprived mess after all.

The guy gave me a really freaked out look, turned around and walk away. As his eyes broke from mine I realised old honkey Div had just stared down Spike Lee.
  • Also mentioned this in the past.
    My uni mate's mum is Karen Woodward from Bananarama. She is lovely and partied with us like she was in her 20s.
    Andrew Ridgely at the time I thought was standoffish but thinking back we were probably annoying, grubby students.
    I never met George Michael properly but some of my other mates did and all said he was the best person.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message

nick_md wrote:
    I went paintballing with Daragh O'Malley.

WXXwprS.gif
  • TheBoyRoberts
    Show networks
    Xbox
    The Boy Roberts
    PSN
    TheBoyRoberts
    Steam
    TheBoyRoberts
    Wii
    BoyRoberts

Send message
    Back in the 90's Dominic Diamond was travelling round Virgin Mega Stores and kids could queue up and challenge him at a game.

I met him at the Newcastle branch and trounced him at EA Ice Hockey.  Had a bit crack and then moved on.

A few months later, he was at the Gateshead Metro Centre and I was queuing with my bestie and I was chatting on with my friend pondering if he'd remember me.  He scoffed at the idea and started ripping it out of me and just at that moment, Diamond shouted over the crowd something along the lines of "Hey Shaun, you hear to give me a chance at beating you?!"

BEST DAY EVER!!
  • I love Dominic Diamond
    PSN - minkymu
  • Escape wrote:

nick_md wrote:
    I went paintballing with Daragh O'Malley.

WXXwprS.gif

Honestly such a twat.

Stan Collymoore on the other hand was lovely. Who knew
    PSN - minkymu
  • Stan was also very nice to me and my wife whenever he met us in a car park too.  Small world.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I nearly got run over by Stephen Hawking.

I also occasionally bumped into a drunk Rory McGrath walking the streets, back arrive the "They Think It's All Over Days". He never seemed to react week to the people yelling his name at him.
  • EvilRedEye wrote:
    I was at the Cake and Bake Show in Manchester one year and one of the judges from Britain's Best Dish on ITV stopped me and asked me if I'd help take a photo for this woman who wanted a photo with him. Obviously I was happy to oblige but then once I took hold of the woman's phone he went "Don't steal the phone," seemingly non-ironicly and internally I was like "WTF I'M NOT POOR"
    That's definitley an accidental Partridge right there.
  • Not me, but my sister.  She tells me that she was once (well, many times) held in a room at a US airport (one of the New York ones) due to her married surname being Khan and similar to some terrorists etc blah blah blah and they had to check she was ok to get into the country.

On one occasion, she was there with quite a few others and lo, there was Peaches Geldof sitting there, looking all miserable.  Reading a magazine.  With her in it.  On the front cover.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Can we rename the thread Close Encounters of the Celebrity Kind?
  • Can we rename the thread Close Encounters of the Celebrity Kind?

I endorse this product and/or service.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    "Famous Style Celebrities"
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • cockbeard wrote:
    "Famous Style Celebrities"

Winrar.
  • I won a game of Speedball 2 against one of the Bitmap Brothers at ECES one year. Can’t remember which one though. And I don’t think meeting celebrities when they’re supposed to be there really counts.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Yeah I've excluded music and footie folk for that reason. They used to put me in the VIP bar at Brixton Academy a lot so meant that even when people were there without playing it still felt kind of like it doesn't count

Though I popped into the Bell in Derby and it was dead, I popped through to the live room, still dead. Turned out AC4 were going to be playing that night, and suddenly I'm at the bar with Dennis Lyxsen. Only time I've ever been starstruck (except badger stocks of course), genuinely just couldn't work out how to tell him what s legend he was to me, then I overheard him speaking in Finnish to the drummer. I know all Finns learn Swedish, I didn't realise many Swedes spoke Finnish. So I just introduced myself in Finnish and because I was concentrating on remembering a language I'm not perfectly fluent in, I got through the starstruckness
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • In the car with a colleague. He once saw Attilio Lombardo in Gap.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Minkymu wrote:
    Minkymu wrote:
    Dion Dublin
    He aint that big lol. Just full of himself. Like i say just a twat that had to be stood up too.

He thought you were Tom Hardy.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • cockbeard wrote:
    Only time I've ever been starstruck (except badger stocks of course)

I was a bit starstruck with Gwen Stefani. Probably just because I was a bit of a fanboy back in her ska days. Genuine moment of just being blank and having fuck all to say.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!