Call of Duty Multiplayer. Modern Warfare, Blops Cold War - Numb3r5!
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I'm installing the 2019 one cos I've realised I never actually played the campaign.

It's taking a while, too...
  • Apparently attachment tuning is causing crashes so maybe unequip that ufn
    PSN - minkymu
  • I don't even know what attachment tuning is mate. It's running grand frame rate wise though. I've got it full bang 120 but I don't think that's anything to do with the crashing and glitchy shit I was seeing.

Finished it anyhoo. Doubt I'll go back, but I noticed there are some actually interesting trophies to get in the campaign. I unlocked a weapon upon finishing, but I dunno if that applies to the campaign or MP? The front end and the all round structure of this game is a fucking disaster. How do they manage to get it so wrong? They have designers for this stuff but honestly it's been terrible like this for years, maybe they need to fire these people and get in some new blood. It's just awful.

I'm in awe at the detail of some of the environments in this game that you never actually get to appreciate. It's off the scale. It's graphically impressive, but there are also lots of repeated assets, loads of overlong sections, loads of failing before you've even had a chance to work out why you failed. Loads of hearing the same voice actors repeating the same lines over and over. There's never really a moment to sit and let any of that opulent art design soak in. All that effort the art team put in! You're forever a millisecond away from a shotgun blast to the face and a restart. I'd dread to think how miserable this would be to play through again on veteran. It's the same old CoD then.

6/10
  • I'm still tempted by this for the multiplayer. There's a couple of modes with no or limited respawns but with revives enabled. Always liked that combo.

If there's interest in an online game with enough badgers I'd buy it.
  • I’ve bought the Series X version, should get it by the weekend. Looks great, enjoyed the large scale modes in the beta. Mind there’s cross play anyway isn’t there?

What’s the Spec ops type mp like, has anyone tried it?
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Not yet. Hopefully it'll be a bit better than previous attempts at co op but not holding out much hope. I'm only there for the MP really - the campaign has been like a little bonus for years now for me. The new Invasion mode seems really fucking awesome so far and there's a great bunch of playlists. Once Warzone 2 hits I wonder how much I'll play this still...
  • Always cross play on Xbox yeah. Bit of a pain, hasn't impacted me so far though.

Not yet tried spec ops but looking forward to it!
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Have you tried knockout mode or prisoner rescue yet?
  • MattyJ wrote:
    Overall I'd rate it as 'good'. Not as good as MW19 unfortunately

Agree with this.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    acemuzzy wrote:
    I'm installing the 2019 one cos I've realised I never actually played the campaign.

It's taking a while, too...
    This is ongoing. Having installed 90gb I had to install skirt 10gb cos it hadn't realised I owned the campaign pack I don't even want to play multiplayer fml
  • I noticed Jaz Rignal praising the MP on Twitter. To me it looks super fast and twitchy. Not a criticism, just maybe not my bag. I did LOVE the original MW2 MP though.

Kinda tempted.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I've now installed that but it says missing data pack even though I don't know what the fuck that means
  • Cupatay wrote:
    Have you tried knockout mode or prisoner rescue yet?

Prisoner rescue is cool, can be quite tense. Makes for a more tactical approach to it
  • I've just read that the PS5 disk is a 70Mb file/license to download the full game.

LOL, fuck me.
  • Despite the shiny I can't believe I'm sat here playing the same fucking game from 16 years ago. In all this time there is literally not a single new creative way to play the MP and succeed.

I feel dirty playing this game.
  • Just tried mp. To say its fast paced is an understatement
    PSN - minkymu
  • Yeah it feels very fast.

I can understand what they're trying to do with the weapon attachments - if I want to unlock a laser for my vel 46, I need to get to level 4 on a shotgun. I'd never normally use a shotgun so it forces a variety of weapons on the battlefield. Whether it works long term... I don't know. I can see why it would be annoying for some players.

• acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Whoop whoop having installed multiplayer I can now play singleplayer. What a time to be alive. Will drive in properly this evening.

No obvious graphics seeing for 120fps Vs 4k, which I was kinda expecting (on Series X this is). Am I missing this somewhere? Or does MW1 not have this?
  • I don't think there is an option, there is something about streaming textures in there but nothing like 'performance vs graphics'
  • There are a bunch of annoying bugs they need to sort out in this game, and the sort of thing that makes me question how it doesn't come up in play testing.

If you're in a party, only the host gets to see the xp earned post game. It doesn't give you the progress on guns/account level.

Between games, my loadout wouldn't show properly - so I couldn't go in and edit it as it wouldn't be accurate. It would show my gun had two attachments, rather than the five, for example. But it was all correct once in game.

UI issue - why the fuck can't I see what my daily challenges are until I'm actively in looking for a game? I should be able to see from the top menu, so then I can adjust my loadout as required (get smg kills or proximity mine kills etc).
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    MattyJ wrote:
    I don't think there is an option, there is something about streaming textures in there but nothing like 'performance vs graphics'

yeah, saw that.  well, fair enough, thanks.  wonder which is does then!  Does MW2 give more flexibility then?  Or is this MP vs. SP?  Looking forward to smashing through the campaign tho, it's been a while since I last CODed really - Advanced Warfare maybe, if that's even a game?  The Kevin Spacey one??
  • Completed Campaign, it was ok
  • You guys are funny. It’s objectively slower than a cod multiplayer has been for ages due to - slow ADS time, inability to bunny hop, can’t shoot whilst jumping, no slide cancelling. But we’re mostly old so it still feels fast! I dunno why they’ve done this mind, the game needs ways of breaking peoples cameras. Otherwise the best way of playing is just to sit in corners ADS’ing angles. Halo on the other hand would be glorious if they went back to COD4/Halo 3 era movement - this is very clearly an attempt by the COD devs to go back to that in some ways.
    GT: Knight640
  • I was struggling with MP until i watched following vid now i really like it. Basically i turned auto tac sprint off. Time to kill is fast which means have to slow down play. Reminds me of Counter-Strike a little bit.

• Exactly. It’s nice and slow, all about peaking corners and holding down the ADS button. Great for boomer gamers and casuals who aren’t ‘cracked’.
    GT: Knight640
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I'm half cracked. Which means I'll sit ADSing a lane for a while, get bored then tac sprint around a corner and get smoked
  • Knight wrote:
    Exactly. It’s nice and slow, all about peaking corners and holding down the ADS button. Great for boomer gamers and casuals who aren’t ‘cracked’.

Those 58-67 year olds loving it
  • I think Geriatic Millenials is the correct term :D

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!