Call of Duty Multiplayer. Modern Warfare, Blops Cold War - Numb3r5!
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    I didn't get one yesterday but it's Tarkov Lite.

You get given a handful of guns marked as 'contraband' to start with.  You get more contraband guns by extracting with them.  They're lost if you get killed and you can't modify them in the gunsmith.  You can take in a customised gun and if I'm not mistaken you need to put this into an insurance slot.  You can't lose these non-contraband guns if you get killed but it locks out the insurance slot.  I think this means you can't take another customised gun in immediately for 2 hours but I do need to double check my thinking. Going in with contraband guns and exfil with as much cash as you can to take minutes off the timer.  I think just exfil with nothing drops 30 minutes so grab more cash and get more time off?

3 factions that give missions, Legion, White Lotus, and Black Mous. Completing their questlines unlock more insurance slots, max 3. Very easy start to the missions and they actually give you a little understanding of the world and what you can do.  There are a lot of icons on the map.  Basic outline is loot the world, picking up items that you can sell at the buy stations, get a few guns and exfil.  Once you know what you're doing then go in with a plan and just do that, don't spend too much time loitering as the longer the game goes on, the more people will look to pick off other players going for exfil.

Exfil isn't a quiet thing.  Big flare goes up, chinook saunters over, try not to die whilst it dawdles along, exfil with loot.  I believe only guns and keys are kept.  Everything else is converted to XP.

You can hold 2 guns and stash 1 in the backpack so always make sure you've got these to boost your options going back in.  You can exfil with keys, which unlock doors for better loot, I assume.  Each key works a set number of times, 3 I think.

Supposedly guns you exfil with actually unlock the base gun for use in Warzone.  Unsure if this only works for guns picked up from downing other real players or whether it'll work with contraband guns.  I think this is unintended so might be patched out.  You can just hop in with a mate who has the gun, get them to drop it and exfil immediately.  This also works for the M13 gun explained below.

There is an M13 gun that is only unlocked via DMZ and is done by killing a heavily armoured lad hanging out in a pocket of gas in the map.  He's got armoured goons so people are usually plowing through him in cars and just hopping out to grab the gun.  You need to exfil with the gun so you can always jack it from another squad.  Only the player who exfils gets the gun.
    It's a goddamn snoozefest out there.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    I quite liked it.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Are the strongholds bugged? I get the key, open one up but there are no enemies inside so that challenge stops dead there. Happened a few times now
  • I jumped into DMZ did some missions and exfilled, no idea what i was doing but was relatively enjoyable.

I have no idea sparky not even been to a stronghold yet!

I'm really enjoying it so far, my guns are terrible though, need to sort that out.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    I've only gone into a Stronghold once and it was packed with enemies.

I can only think that it's either bugged or maybe it had already been cleared and you happened to open a door that wasn't used by the previous players?

I think it's probably worth trying the cheese strat to get free gun unlocks in DMZ before it gets patched.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    I've seen a few smaller buildings with the orange flags that don't seem to have enemies but I assumed they were looted strongholds.

Edit - oh it's actually planned that DMZ exfil unlocks guns so it won't be patched.  Cool.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Subbax wrote:
    acemuzzy wrote:
    Cross-post in case it helps others. Seems to have worked on bone.
    Nice little trick that seems to have worked for me... - buy MW2 digitally (£69.99) - go to the MW2 Vault page, check it shows as £30 (rather than the normal £99.99) - in a separate tab, refund the initial purchase - check that clears, then in the Vault tab you can still buy that version for £30 all in, rather than a ton. So that's 57% off for the better version. I think. Maybe I fucked something.
    Are you doing this through the XBox or on the battle.net site in a browser?
    Tried this on the battle.net site and it errored on trying to purchase the vault edition so maybe it's been patched?
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Could well be, or an Xbox specific glitch
  • Forgot how sloooooooooow normal warzone is. Played a couple of duos last night, lots of lag and issues going on. Not sure how much I'll bother with warzone, but will go back to it once a few bugs and issues have been worked out.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Just tried to have a session on this with an old mate of mine. We haven't played together in years and it was an utter fucking shambles. We never actually got to talk to each other - I heard his voice once but then it went away. We played for 3 hours. How it's still this hard to get a simple chat going after all these years is astonishing. I fucking hate modern gaming. Genuinely can't believe what a clusterfuck it is on PS5.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    It wasn't much better around the launch of warzone 1 iirc. I had to use WhatsApp calling on my phone so I could chat with my bother while we played for the first week.
  • Xbox partying up and getting games was v stable for me and Chaz on Thursday night. *shrug*
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Party chat is stupid on PlayStation. Just make it a simple one press thing like Xbox, not rocket science.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Discord PC, baby.
  • Lol
    PSN - minkymu
  • Weird seeing how people have had bad experiences with Party chat, when Shabby, Nina and I manage to hang out pretty flawlessly despite distance and local internet restrictions.
  • Got first win fri night! In quads. I have decent loadout RPK which i bought 4 of so we could all have one :D
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Got my first solo win last night, safe and steady 5 kills. The RPK is nice but I love the Hurricane SMG.

DMZ is a great addition. Never got into Plunder but this is my sort of thing
  • Yeah it's awesome I just wish DMZ was actually doable solo. If you try any of those bounty missions on a solo run you get wiped out instantly. It's great just mooching about the island getting into scraps and finding stuff. They've got all the old maps from the original MW2 in there as far as I can tell. That's quite something.

Weird seeing how people have had bad experiences with Party chat, when Shabby, Nina and I manage to hang out pretty flawlessly despite distance and local internet restrictions.

You on PS5? I've had no luck but I do wonder how bad my mates internet connection is...
  • Hit me up if you see me on people please. :)
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    DMZ solo is hardcore. Even something as simple as getting to a buy station is hairy if there's an AI squad near.

Silenced weapons are a must, a silenced sniper is incredibly effective. Keeps the bastards from alerting others to join the fight, call in support vehicles, choppers etc.

The evac is the hairiest if all, other players drawn like moths to a flame when that green flare goes up. It reminds me of Sea of Thieves. The loop of going out, exploring and fighting, grabbing loot and trying to cash it in without being robbed scratches a similar, nerve shredding, heart pounding itch

• The evac is the hairiest if all, other players drawn like moths to a flame when that green flare goes up. It reminds me of Sea of Thieves. The loop of going out, exploring and fighting, grabbing loot and trying to cash it in without being robbed scratches a similar, nerve shredding, heart pounding itch

Sounds like fun. Can you squad up in 4's for this? I've downloaded the xbox version but haven't given it a fair go yet.
  • Yeah it's awesome I just wish DMZ was actually doable solo. If you try any of those bounty missions on a solo run you get wiped out instantly. It's great just mooching about the island getting into scraps and finding stuff. They've got all the old maps from the original MW2 in there as far as I can tell. That's quite something.

Weird seeing how people have had bad experiences with Party chat, when Shabby, Nina and I manage to hang out pretty flawlessly despite distance and local internet restrictions.

You on PS5? I've had no luck but I do wonder how bad my mates internet connection is...

Yup - on PS5. And I’ll be chatting on console, as will shabby. Nina connects via PlayStation app on her phone. Zero issues for the most part.
  • Cool. I'll try again at some point. You really need to be chatting on this.
  • Cool. I'll try again at some point. You really need to be chatting on this.
  • Anybody want to do some DMZ this week give me a shout. I don't really get what i'm doing or why still.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Shooting bad guys because it's fun
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Just had a thrilling session with Frantic there.

Three runs through the DMZ, first was easy going right until the extraction where a squad of three rolled up at the worst possible time. Second we cut through the map like a lightsaber through butter. Nice little XP boost and some shiny new weapons to our collection.

Third run we tried to take on a commander chopper thing and all hell broke loose, not just from his guns and missiles but from armoured bastards being dropped into the action by chopper. We were holding up in a tower block, I was trying to RPG the commander out of the sky while Franny was trying to watch every staircase and ladder for the storming bad guys. We were running low on ammo so headed for the nearest storage unit. Fighting tooth and nail, inch by inch as we were surrounded by AI, we got in eventually and had to put down the odd eager attacker as we stocked up. In the end our biggest enemy was time, we tried to make a run for the extraction but I died in a hail of bullets to the back, Willem Dafoe style. Franny didn't hesitate and scuttled past my crumpled heap without a backward glance, the bastard. I watched his desperate dash in spectator mode, the radiation cloud expanding out from the middle of the map and engulfing the extraction point. It was tight but the radiation beat out his gas mask and there were no survivors left to tell the take of our heroic deeds. Except for me just now. And Franny who's off to bed to guiltily stare at the ceiling and relive his callous, selfish decision to leave me stricken and try to save his own arse

Anyway, great stuff. Great blend of sneaking about, balls to the wall action, tactical decision making under duress and out and out hilarity. Loved it

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!