Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    My favourite Christmas movie is definitely Total Recall

I got 9 mini Mars bars for Christmas so you're onto something there.
  • Guardians of the Galaxy truffle.
  • Good haul this Christmas. Beyond the vouchers for stuff from parents, Ev did the usual blinder.

FHctlzvXMAM2TjH?format=jpg&name=small

I spent the whole day building my gift to myself, Perfect Grade Gundam Exia. Please don't ask me how much this absurd bastard cost (even if over 50% of that cost was shipping and customs).

FHfVwsIXEAABtpG?format=jpg&name=large
    FHfVwshXEAI3SXM?format=jpg&name=large
    FHfVwu8XoAEGYca?format=jpg&name=large
    FHfVwzMWUAEmPeo?format=jpg&name=large

Me and Ev watched The Matrix, and today we walked Daisy. She's having a good time, but Ev tested positive on an LFT. Ah well.

I hope everyone here is having a good Christmas. Love you all.
  • I've spent the day driving my sister in law's and their kids from place to place on the island. This way I don't have to actually go anywhere with anyone and can spend the downtime between drop offs and pick ups just sitting on my own in peace and quiet.

Whilst having a great excuse not to be anywhere near my passive aggressive in laws.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I got this.

EDIT: oh well, imbedding from imjur doesn’t seem to be working for me. It’s a Lego Star Wars AT-AT.
    18fVw09.jpg
    It’s been several decades since anyone bought me Lego for Christmas.
    Get schwifty.
  • Oh man. Thats a serious lego model if its the new UCS set.
    You gotta get a couple of the Snowtrooper battle packs to fill up the interior.
  • You got a Lego AT-AT?! YOU LUCKY BASTARD!!!
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • I got the recently released Boba Fett’s Starship Lego set.

I can’t wait to get it built, but I’m helping Child 2 with her Harry Potter set first.

Also…. what Wookie said!
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    LivDiv wrote:
    Oh man. Thats a serious lego model if its the new UCS set.
    You gotta get a couple of the Snowtrooper battle packs to fill up the interior.

I’ll have a look at those. To be honest it’s not a thing I’ll have out for long. Will take apart after a while and then enjoy putting it all together again next Christmas.
    Get schwifty.
  • I just got a mixture of theatre vouchers (I like the theatre but everyone knows I won't go near a crowd during a pandemic) and IKEA vouchers for the new house (genuinely useful!)

I bought myself a Kindle Fire HD 10 and treated myself to a Razer Kishi for portable cloud Gamepass on my phone.

We decided to spend the time and money this year just focussing on the kids and it's been the best decision as we have 2 nieces and 7 nephews to buy for as well as our two
  • Got a mix of stuff this year

Candles, smellies, new bigger Dutch oven, socks.
    Main thing was not too much tat that I have to put in a draw for 9 months before shipping off to a charity shop. I'm getting more and more awkward to buy for. All digital media and no booze really wipes out a lot of stuff.

Still to see my bro, his present to me is always the highlight because its always something fun.

I dont expect much these days. All the presents I bought for others have so far gone down well so that's great.

Mainly cant wait to give my niece her presents.

This was my frivolous present to myself. Jurassic Park Legacy T Rex chase. Need to hunt down a Goldblum from this line.

20211226-143724.jpg
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I got tickets to Andy C's tour which is the best present I've had in about 10 years. Been waiting to see him for years and buzzing my tits off.

Plus socks and the usual shit.
  • I got a new card holder, socks and a pair of everyday trainers. Bought myself an Xbox, probably gonna buy a TV to go with it.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I got myself a visual novel from the eshop that deals with about every upsetting concept going (The House At Fata Morgana)
  • So it seems that the Covid cases here in the channel Islands are so low that there's really little in the way of restrictions at all aside from testing for anyone entering the island.

So I'm taking the opportunity to take the wife to the cinema tomorrow to see SPIDERMENS.
    Something I thought I wouldnt get a chance to do back home as there's no fucking way I'm sitting in a packed cinema on our plague island.
  • It seems that way! Who knew?!
  • Maybe someone should tell Boris
  • Funny thing is I was sharing some beers with my sister in law's brother in law's (oh no I've gone cross eyed) and they were asking "I've heard it's really bad over there?! Is it really as bad as they're saying? Nobody here wants to go over to the mainland anymore, it seems that you've all just given up!"
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    My presents include Odyssey and WarioWare for Switch, A Rubik/Perplexus hybrid rolly ball puzzle, some lovely stemmed espresso glasses (+ plus some pods for my Nespresso machine) which will be great for whisk(e)y tasting too, aftershave in that wee robot shaped vessel, Kubrick's "The Killing" on BluRay, Father Ted boxset, The Silmarillion, coffee and high% chocolate. Other tastables like stuffed dates, honeyed pecans etc. All splendid. My naughty snack cupboard is well stocked. :)

Loud socks too. :)  Oh..and some Talisker whiskey.   Ulster tickets for rugby on NYD.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Sigh, my father in law is back in his chair endlessly scrolling past every single interesting movie or TV choice "pah, so much rubbish...." before settling on some old black and white war movie on some obscure channel at the arse end of the Freeview channel selection. Literally haven't seen any of the Christmas TV choices at all.

He gets up for a piss or a smoke every 20 minutes but then right back.

Feel bad for the kids who are desperate to play Mario Party together on the TV rather than all huddled round the tiny switch screen.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Old guys get to the point where they only watch what they know. My Da was like that too eventually which was sad as he was a man with seemingly infinite interests when he was younger.

It's shit when they monopolise the TV like that. I'm lucky enough to have the space for an old fogey room nowadays though there aren't many of them left now. :(
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I still don't have presents from my parents or my mother in law yet so there may be interesting things coming. Best bits so far were from F who got me - Kid A Mnesiac vinyl, the Unofficial Simpsons Cookbook (well worth a google) and the David Fincher Mind Games book of essays which was made by a write from Little White Lies and is absolutely as beautiful as you think.

My sister gave up this year and just got me Vans store vouchers but that's fine as the sale is on and I need new jeans
  • Fuck my dad is the same.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    davyK wrote:
    Old guys get to the point where they only watch what they know. My Da was like that too eventually which was sad as he was a man with seemingly infinite interests when he was younger.

It's shit when they monopolise the TV like that. I'm lucky enough to have the space for an old fogey room nowadays though there aren't many of them left now. :(

My Dad is 70 and watched The Power of the Dog because he didn't want to watch the same Xmas shit yesterday again. That said, he was back on his Boxing Day football today.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    PXL-20211225-225325197.jpg
    Our Santa had it pretty rough yesterday
  • For the love of God Nina stop, he's had enough!
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Let that be a warning Matty.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Nina wrote:
    PXL-20211225-225325197.jpg
    Our Santa had it pretty rough yesterday

Did he end up giving up his secrets?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!