The Big Omi-Christmas Thread 2021
  • I'm left on my own with the kids, trying to get them to eat their dinner whilst my in laws are arguing over rubbish TV quiz shows in the background. My father in law has not moved from his armchair all afternoon and I want to throw myself out of the window.

Only 2 more days to survive this bastard holiday.
    (I love Christmas, I just want to go back home now and enjoy my Xbox again)
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Spent Christmas in isolation, bastard Covid got me at the last minute. My Wife the got it five days after me so we've been in isolation since the 18th.

So much for going back to work fresh and recharged. Need another fucking holiday after this.
  • Oh mate, I'm sorry. That sucks. How are you both feeling now?
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    I was pretty good apart from a sore back and tiredness, the missus had it rough though. Wouldn't be too bad if you could just throw yourself on the couch for the day but with kids it's a little tougher. Hopefully we can venture out now within the next few days and try and see some family members and salvage a little bit of Christmas! On the other hand, I'll probably be sick of people after 20 minutes lol

:)

Hope everyone had a nice Christmas though :D
  • Mind yourself Haak.

Yeah, got a few quid from my folks but that's it. Nobody else gets me presents! :-) I spent a fair bit on the kiddo but it was only today I got her gaming chair working properly. OMFG it's made Halo 25% better and I was already having a great time with it.
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    If my subconscious could ask for a Christmas present it would probably say a pair of socks in the style of Chunk’s shirt from Goonies, in a giant baby Ruth box. Luckily, such a thing exists and someone knew me well enough to buy it for me this year :)
    The Sloth socks are also brilliant, love this set!

ipQdVrz.jpg
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Never thought I'd be jealous of someones socks, but there you go.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Cosby! You Goonie!
  • After three days of blissful, wasteful fun on the sofa and the Xbox it's off to the in-laws on Mull for Hogmanay tomorrow. Being effectively internet-free there means a week of playing board games, chasing their big amazing dog around the garden, and drinking tons of their homebrew experiments (apparently got a pilsner and, scarily, bottles of retsina to try this time) before home for five more days of holiday fun.
  • Can't wait to get home. Still haven't seen my parents at all for Christmas. Still haven't seen any of my side of the family or exchanged presents.
    Still haven't been able to track down my secret Santa gift (hopefully it's not just been left behind the bins in torrential rain for a week) and still haven't watched a single bit of Christmas TV.

Thank fuck next year we are staying at home
  • Seeing my niece again today.
    This time ITS PRESENTS!
  • Can officially report that the in-laws' homemade retsina is as lethal and lovely as I'd anticipated. I'm sure the next week will be a treat.
  • Yay! *hic*
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I read that was "retina" and thought you meant she had some kind of next-gen death stare
  • We are finally going home!!! Oh man I've missed my house. I've missed my bed, I've missed the peace and quiet.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!