regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    That might have a chance at the title. All they needed to do was give you those games.

Edit - at liv
  • If you bounced off FH5 then I'm sad to say it's because you're simply not grown and sexy enough. I'm sorry. It is what it is. God bless.
  • To add insult to injury.
    They pulled the old versions of GTA from PC stores (re-added in a limited way later iirc). So if you wanted to go for the old ones with mods that went out the window.

Its also reasonable to suggest this will be the last we ever see of the trilogy or at least for a long time. Any hope of a full Vice City remake up to GTAV or even GTA6 standards some time down the line seems to have evaporated with this release.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Yeah! Totally agree. The opening intro is astounding on every one I’ve ever tried and, this time, it’s definitely gonna be the one I like as much as the rest of you lot. And then I hit the festival start grid and from there it just feels degenerates to something that really feels like it needs much more careful thought than what it just keeps doing.

Edit. At regs post up there.

Did you try knocking off the accolades? That seems to be the more curated experience if you want it, it’s just easily ignored too.

I’ve tried to play the game as I thought it was being introduced to me. Honestly, I’m not sure what accolades are (an example of me being overwhelmed by the various different things it’s pumping at me again). I will have a look at playing this way over the Christmas break though, so thanks for the advice. Just to be clear though, I’m not saying it’s a bad game but just that it’s gone so far into its own way of doing stuff that it’s alienating a load of its potential audience. I love the idea of it. I love reading the excitement you and the other big fans speak with when you discuss it but, whenever I’ve tried to get going with it, I just can’t find something to hook into that’ll get my in and shooting by the feeling of being overwhelmed.
  • If you bounced off FH5 then I'm sad to say it's because you're simply not grown and sexy enough. I'm sorry. It is what it is. God bless.

I am not a pretty sight. I know this.

• regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    If you bounced off FH5 then I'm sad to say it's because you're simply not grown and sexy enough. I'm sorry. It is what it is. God bless.

Oh no, forza da has logged in . Mr Git Gud don't do it.
  • I'm enjoying FH5 in small doses but I can't stomach lengthy play sessions with it. It feels weird to play a racing game with handling I quite like rather than love, but the gfx sure are nice. Also listening to your own music always adds a +10 to racers for me.

WarioWare was great fun until I realised I'd seen most of what it has to offer after a cpuple of hours. I probably won't play it again outside of the odd mp session, so the £34.99 I paid nearly earns it a spot on my list.

1. Mario Golf
    2. The Gunk
    3. Alex Kidd in Miracle World DX (disappointing spruce up)
    4. Narita Boy (not a bad game, not quite good either - was hoping for more)
    5. Art of Rally (races were too long and I just couldn't click with it)
  • Also, I’m calling out that 10 million before launch. It was somewhere between 800k and a million (still amazing numbers for a game that was gonna be free within a week). It did 10 million in its first week on GP and I was absolutely one of those.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I did say close to 10M, I couldn’t remember the exact number off the top of my head.

Edit: wait, still not had coffee. Yeah, maybe I’m getting mixed up here.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    A little obfuscation there. But I do like the game!
  • I had my coffee at 8 and I am a smart boy this morning.
  • Imagine wanting to glitch a Forza game fuck me

Lol.

I don't know how Forza could be disappointing. I can't play the game, I don't like what it does or it's presentation. It's just not my cup of tea. It is however more Forza and that's great for those that love it.

• Mario golf. I've had fun with it but it's still a really poor game. Too bare bones and just not very interesting package. It feels slight despite having quite a lot in there. Maybe less speed and battle golf and more interesting single player would have saved it.

Forza I played a couple hours of. Drove up the mountain, had a good time driving off it, then uninstalled the game. [8]
  • The single player game was so bland.

I think I’d go the opposite with speed and battle golf - lean into it harder next time and see what can they do with it.
  • DrewMerson wrote:
    Just to add my tuppence-worth to the Forza Horizon discussion. 4 was my first, a little over a year ago. It has pulled me in, so I don’t think it’s entirely fair to say that it’s too opaque for new players. Yes, the map is full of stuff, but simply learning to use the right bumper to filter what it shows turns it from ‘too much stuff’ to ‘the right amount of the stuff I want to do right now’. I’d be pissed off if a more linear approach meant I had to complete street racing or drifting before I got to something I liked more. I’d also be pissed off if there were fewer events of the things I like. Filtering the map means you can play the way you want, and there’s a hefty chunk of things to do on map. I can’t really get my head around the notion of unlocking the full roster of cars before you even start to play the game ‘properly’. The game throws cars at you for playing. I also can’t get on board with the idea that the cars feel the same. Christ, the tuning options alone mean that any individual car can feel wildly different depending on how you tune it, let alone from one car to the next. Perhaps having too many assists switched on is the issue there. There are other things I could point to which might be described as a disappointment. The fact that the user-placed furniture in blueprints don’t work as expected (either not saving correctly, or things like spectator stands sitting empty). The fact that, when racing online, other racers can only borrow the leader’s car, as opposed to any of the five other cars the leader has for that spec, or another racer’s car. (I get that they want people to play the game to unlock cars themselves, but you could make more available, but limit the earning of XP to when you are driving your own car.) Hell, even the fact that online is still a horribly broken mess is disappointing.

Pretty much this. Difficulty and assists options have been part of all forzas for how long? This lets you adjust any old way. It's very cool. The fact it suggests to up difficulty as you start thrashing stuff is a great touch. I got FH4 to my sweet spot and stayed there having a good time. This time I just went straight there and had solid AI comp pretty well straight away.

Also agree re handling, between assists and tuning, you get a very very wide variety IMO. There's events and vehicles I just suck at compared to others.

Still, I have to say, FH5 and Halo Inf will be on the list for me. Probably not for the games themselves but for their PC iterations combining with my PC grunt and producing a pretty poor result.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Back 4 Blood. I don't think anything could live up to the idealised joy that the L4D games brought me in the past, even a game that is to all intents and purposes exactly the same in concept and execution. So why is it the most disappointing? Because no one here really played it and the real fun with these games is to be had in MP with friends.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    It seemed pretty good, the little bit of it I played. But I guess most of us who hammered L4D multiplayer have much less free time now, unfortunately.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Gremill wrote:
    Back 4 Blood. I don't think anything could live up to the idealised joy that the L4D games brought me in the past, even a game that is to all intents and purposes exactly the same in concept and execution. So why is it the most disappointing? Because no one here really played it and the real fun with these games is to be had in MP with friends.

I'd be up for it, I liked it but like you say nobody is playing.
  • Disco Elysium for me. I wanted to like it but I just can't play those sort of games. The highlight was chalice's review. Still makes me smirk now. It went something like....
    couldn't find my shoe, uninstalled.
    Nonsense.
  • Gremill wrote:
    Back 4 Blood. I don't think anything could live up to the idealised joy that the L4D games brought me in the past, even a game that is to all intents and purposes exactly the same in concept and execution. So why is it the most disappointing? Because no one here really played it and the real fun with these games is to be had in MP with friends.

Played it through with my cousin and a couple of randoms (or bots, depending on the luck of the draw). It really is a very good L4D follow up. Hard as nails though. Don’t attempt on anything other than easy.
  • Just want to give a massive thanks to @DrewMerson for the right bumper tip on FH5. Holy fuck that is so much better.
    SFV - reddave360
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    ... WarioWare was great fun until I realised I'd seen most of what it has to offer after a cpuple of hours. I probably won't play it again outside of the odd mp session, so the £34.99 I paid nearly earns it a spot on my list.

I can see why that would be a disappointment. I played through the Story mode in a couple of sittings. But it's always been about the MP for me with WarioWare so I will get proper value out of it. I don't think anyone can recapture the cherry high of their 1st WarioWare experience. For me it was the GC version with that inspired Turtle balancing game.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • FranticPea wrote:
    Gremill wrote:

I'd be up for it, I liked it but like you say nobody is playing.

The devs have been bought out by tencent or someone like that which considering their track record is probably as astounding to the owners as it is to me.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I Am Fish and Sable deserve shout-outs too, I reckon...
  • I Am Fish is a good shout.
    I had no expectations but it couldn't even deliver getting past the home screen.
  • Cupatay wrote:
    Disco Elysium for me. I wanted to like it but I just can't play those sort of games. The highlight was chalice's review. Still makes me smirk now. It went something like....
    Nonsense.

Never have I read something so... Wrong.

You sir, are wrong.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Cupatay wrote:
    Disco Elysium for me. I wanted to like it but I just can't play those sort of games. The highlight was chalice's review. Still makes me smirk now. It went something like....
    Nonsense.

Never have I read something so... Wrong.

You sir, are wrong.

I know wooks. Genuinely wish I could play it after reading all the wonderfull stories of mental breakdowns and living under bridges but sadly i just can't get into it. I did enjoy what I read of the thread though.

• acemuzzy wrote:
    Sable, I reckon...

Yeah, probably a good shout. Ran like piss for me.
    I'm still great and you still love it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!