Elden Ring no spoiler tags friendly exploration thread
  • I’m not saying that’s my feeling on it but it it’s very close to it. :D
  • As I said in the other thread, I am having a lot of fun on my Good Honest Boy run, it really hammers home how well most of the bosses are designed, but I am using a restriction I have chosen to enact. It has had its drawbacks.
  • I’ve only played one proper boss but the thing I realise is that theoretically I can beat all the bosses without summons if I had enough patience. - I can avoid the attacks frequently enough in isolation but too many in a row and my frustration builds too much and I try to pinch an attack or two too many.
  • It's a personal appeal, some people don't have the time for it, and Elden Ring gives you lots of choices in how to approach fights which is nice. I do get satisfaction from acing a boss though.

I could never do Rune Level 1 like the streamer bois and girls, but I find this fun.
  • decided to look up what the wondrous flask of physick actually is, and i guess i should go find that too ;)
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Got the flask, and took care or Renalla at lunch time. I did watch a vid that suggested using the flask and certain tactics, specifically boost your stamina and use spirit summons like the wolves to keep her busy. first time i fought her, i'd activated a spirit summons but didn't notice them in phase two, so i assumed they didn't carry over, and then never had time to summon in phase 2. obvs that was wrong.
    anyway, job done.

i'm assuming that after you beat her
    Spoiler:
  • Spoiler:
  • Oi! I say no to spoiler tags!
  • Oh yeah, we're in the wrong thread. Either way Ram, just do stuff. You can't really break the game.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    So I got to Margott and hmm yeah solid. Got him low a couple of times but he's got some pretty brutal attacks... Am trying whore frost obvs
  • Reyndell and the Capitol then. It's all extremely Dark Souls eh. Knights all over the place with the exact same moveset from the previous games. It's Anor Londo 2.0. Lovely looking but a little too familiar for me to get excited about tbh.

I'm rocking two handed golden halberd naked and I may as well be playing Dark Souls 1 with the Black Knight Halberd. It's an identical play style and moveset. I'm trying to push myself to use other stuff but I've not found anything I like remotely compared to the classics. I've still not cast a single spell. I've got staffs and wands and the stats to use them but no joy. Not that I'm bothered. I'm enjoying it to a degree but I'm just tired of the souls template.

I'm tempted to start again and tear through the start of the game with an OP INT build but I've not really got time for it. I'm not bothered about finishing this one. I've had a grand old time so far but nothing has come close to those first few hours for me.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I, meanwhile, have now left the capital. Onwards and upwards!

Might loop back though as I'm sightly just running past everything atm. Past level 70 I think so there should be some easy stuff I can return too - needle in the lake, maybe some divine towers (I've still only done one?), maybe Radahn. We'll see... Red letter is nearby now too, I suppose...
  • Got chest-trapped into the capital yesterday. Was some giant dude, I used 140 arrows and about ten minutes of my life taking him down. Twice, because the first time I thought I’d killed him and he was just faking and smashed me into oblivion. I don’t think the runes I got covered the cost of the arrows.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • No but the item in the chest is well worth it.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Dude at roundtable sent me on a path to some beastmaster that left me in a land of dragons where pretty much everything was absolutely brutal. Giant bird statue thing, dragons, humongous bear in a cave all mullered me, and even the wolf T-rex crossbreeds caused problems (and even the sheep were charging at me). Tried to work my way across the land rather than just teleport, eventually got to some ruins with firey kamikaze exploding skeletons and eventually settled there for the night.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I am in the land of ice hunting an assassination target but they're but where they should be it's almost like they knew I was gonna rek them out maybe I just can't read a map. Anyway it's very cold and I don't really know what I'm meant to be doing so maybe I'll go back down south for a sunbathe.
  • They're by a shack.
  • Finally managed to beat Margit at the 10th time of asking and then Godrick on the first go!

That first view of Liurnia of the Lakes is breathtaking. Called it quits last night after beating a load of mental little guys with spears but then getting promptly destroyed by some Red magic clan. Still very much in love with this game.

I'm still yet to come across a Bow! I don't recall meeting a Merchant selling one. My long distance game is non-existent, so any idea where I can find one would be appreciated!
  • Yeah the opening to that area is directly inspired by a very famous Caspar David Friedrich painting. There's a real neat throughline to certain periods of art in this game, I think From's willingness to step outside the expected reference zones of games is what lends their visuals such lasting impact.
  • Tempy wrote:
    They're by a shack.

The shack is down a well.
  • I tried to beat the boss in the castle in the south. It was another misbegotten and I think I can do it if I can whittle the guy down fast enough but I always get too greedy.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    The high up bit south west of the lake, I've still not got up there. Don't want too strict an answer but is there a sensible route up trust I've just missed, or is that just d somewhere you go later?
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    As for my shack attack I think I forgot I was looking for a blood stain not an actual dude
  • You'll be looking for a red summon sign nearby a shack that's overlooked by a tree, that's next to a big stone bridge.
  • Why can't I cast sorceries?? I have the level requirements for both the spell and the staff but still nothing. I don't get what's happening??
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Do you have enough FP for the spell
  • I do yeah 65 is my max it's low for a few but I should be able to cast some??
  • I reckon these finger spiders might be the freakiest enemy in any game ever made...
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I do yeah 65 is my max it's low for a few but I should be able to cast some??

Some take 100+, should say on the item.
  • Why can't I cast sorceries?? I have the level requirements for both the spell and the staff but still nothing. I don't get what's happening??

Are they sorcery or incantations? They look similar but some need a specific staff I think.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!