Elden Ring no spoiler tags friendly exploration thread
  • Tempy wrote:
    Me, it's a fun puzzle in that one place. You don't have to fight it and spend 90% of that area on rooftops where it can't follow. Bit like "the floor is lava".

I think the only other one in the game is in a dungeon where he has a massive tell.

Well more fool me for watching a video that provides zero context. Was thinking surely not???? Fair enough.
  • I ended up in Sellia Caves earlier as well. Way too under powered to fight. Took a few attempts to escape with my runes.
    Worth it though to bump into my boy pot head again though.
  • Tempy wrote:
    Me, it's a fun puzzle in that one place. You don't have to fight it and spend 90% of that area on rooftops where it can't follow. Bit like "the floor is lava". I think the only other one in the game is in a dungeon where he has a massive tell.
    Well more fool me for watching a video that provides zero context. Was thinking surely not???? Fair enough.

I;m sure some folk will find it rage inducing.
  • Tempy wrote:
    Tempy wrote:
    Me, it's a fun puzzle in that one place. You don't have to fight it and spend 90% of that area on rooftops where it can't follow. Bit like "the floor is lava". I think the only other one in the game is in a dungeon where he has a massive tell.
    What I found hilarious about this what that the quest giver says find me this needle to cure this person  and I'll tell you a big secret. And the thing you have to find involves taking out a fairly annoying boss in the middle of a hell swamp to get the item that allows him to say 'Oh that, Aye just go on the rooftops'
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Hahah is that what they tell you. lol. I did the thing where you light the pots on the pillars and it unlocks some doors.

When you say the boss do you mean captain o neill or the invading girl? I tried fighting the old captain and I found even with 7 flasks of magic potion it would have at best chipped to 3/4 health so I decided to give up on him.

The girl is on another level of trickiness.
  • Hahah is that what they tell you. lol. I did the thing where you light the pots on the pillars and it unlocks some doors. When you say the boss do you mean captain o neill or the invading girl? I tried fighting the old captain and I found even with 7 flasks of magic potion it would have at best chipped to 3/4 health so I decided to give up on him. The girl is on another level of trickiness.
    I used wolf summons, magick potion and a mixture of Blood Slash and Hoar Stomp.  Aye the girl is something else in terms of one of her moves.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Ended up after the swamp doing the Albino town? There's a shit of a mini boss there before the other guy. Seemed to be a really small area with not much in so continued on to the tree.
  • Rev wrote:
    What I found hilarious about this what that the quest giver says find me this needle to cure this person  and I'll tell you a big secret. And the thing you have to find involves taking out a fairly annoying boss in the middle of a hell swamp to get the item that allows him to say 'Oh that, Aye just go on the rooftops'

Yeah but you need the fixed needle later anyway, to give to a certain person.

Also this is not the bit Gav was talking about, it’s much, much, much later.
  • Tempy wrote:
    Rev wrote:
    Yeah but you need the fixed needle later anyway, to give to a certain person. Also this is not the bit Gav was talking about, it’s much, much, much later.

Oh, I thought we were talking about Sellia and the three torches being lit.
  • And I gave the needle to that person and healed them? They looked really similar to the person I fought in the swamp.
  • They have the same name.

I think there must be something in the idea of invasions/scarlet rot are linked and why invasions are red.
  • That was a tough fight because I ran up a hill to get the high ground and she only went and followed me by jumping. Took me by surprise and delighted me at the same time.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    So did some more exploring
    - killed the ancestral stag thing
    - got the first two volcano dudes but the red letter is uncharted territory so nope
    - tried Radahn again, can see things trust help but still struggling to get too much joy with him tbh
    - so uh not quite sure what next... allegedly "end game" is unlocked I guess but not quite sure where to head with that, and so haven't really got into the capital

Plenty more caves I haven't created out but without ubi ticks I'm starting to forget which I have and haven't done yet...
  • Nah, invasions have been red in every Souls game, it's just a way to help players know the phantom is hostile.
    Rev wrote:
    And I gave the needle to that person and healed them? They looked really similar to the person I fought in the swamp.

Crossed wires!

But yeah, Sellia enemies aren't invisible, they're just ghosties that apparate/disapparate.
  • That's why I got a confusion.
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    So did some more exploring - killed the ancestral stag thing - got the first two volcano dudes but the red letter is uncharted territory so nope - tried Radahn again, can see things trust help but still struggling to get too much joy with him tbh - so uh not quite sure what next... allegedly "end game" is unlocked I guess but not quite sure where to head with that, and so haven't really got into the capital Plenty more caves I haven't created out but without ubi ticks I'm starting to forget which I have and haven't done yet...

If you want a hint
    Spoiler:
  • I mean I know shit all about souls. I probably made a link that isn’t there or maybe they’re retrofitting an idea on it. It seemed like a weird thing to have a current world character also invade your world. The disease that they had seemed to match the colour so it felt like an easy 1+1 = explanation to me.
  • It's a fun link, but it's not one that I think has any thematic stuff to it, given what the Scarlet Rot is and what it means for the overall plot.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    You meaning the draconic dude, temps?

If so I guess it's gitting gud time on any of the three main paths ahead...
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I did already get in via a chest thing but only to like a cul de sac bridge...
  • Got it in one. Enjoy!
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Lol yeah kinda figured. Oh well
  • Millicant Invader can be trivialised by jumping up on one of the big bone structures in the swamp and just waiting for her to run up and smacking her off it repeatedly.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    Got it in one. Enjoy!

I got gud! I'm in!

Had my first "kill boss+ death" at the exact same time, was glorious. Had no more heals left, low health, thought I was (again) a goner but got the hail Mary in hurrah. Glorious view awaits!
  • Captain o Neil is such a shit enemy. I suppose on some level it makes sense narratively but he’d be a complete doddle without his annoying arrowmen.
  • Just stumbled on an unexpected boss at night time in an early area. Was a right bastard.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Ooh nice what were they like?

I did the old post and cream. The old capitain decided to walk into rocks while I threw rocks at him. Poor knob.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    acemuzzy wrote:
    Tempy wrote:
    Got it in one. Enjoy!

I got gud! I'm in!

Had my first "kill boss+ death" at the exact same time, was glorious. Had no more heals left, low health, thought I was (again) a goner but got the hail Mary in hurrah. Glorious view awaits!

For glorious posterity, https://www.xbox.com/en-US/play/media/W6NUGSA4
  • Captain o Neil is such a shit enemy. I suppose on some level it makes sense narratively but he’d be a complete doddle without his annoying arrowmen.

Best thing to do with him is just focus down the Knights while you're on horseback IMO

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!