Elden Ring no spoiler tags friendly exploration thread
  • Grr, now that I have the 4 figures lit I can’t go back and kill the invisible dudes.

I got the torch and managed to kill one at least.
  • Had to take a day or so off due to Fall Guys marathons with the sprog and also for the No Mans Sky update, but squeezed in a few more hours here.

Almost made it by foot to a place I was earlier teleported to from a trapped chest, but still feel under-levelled. Made it to a ruined church near some dudes who inflict poison. Killed the red phantom that appeared there but was torn to bits by a boss at a nearby tree. Turned back and discovered a giant talking jar in a cave. This game just keeps giving.

PSN : time_on_my_hands
  • Finally beat Alecto after many tries. It became a bit of a dance! Achievement unlocked for all legendary ashen remains.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Was so into doing some stuff in this that I lost track of time and was almost late for my train to go and see the Northman!

I dashed through Consecrated Snowfield before as I found the low visibility annoying and just wanted to get to destination. Exploring now and did the cave (didn’t expect a strong boss!) and now transported to Mohgeyn Palace. Could I have gotten there differently? Like the item I got from Varre? Not sure if I was meant to use that yet.
  • There's no point soul farming if you can help it, I've realised, as there's a giant bird farm where, with a golden fowl foot, you can get roughly 14000 souls every 10 seconds or so, with a long range bow.
  • I’ve never farmed in any game with exception of DkS1 once and FFVII. Dull, boring, and unnecessary.
  • I was getting annoyed at not being able to beat the final boss hence farming. I just managed to beat it, and got an underwhelming ending, but I suppose this game is more about the journey than the destination...
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I'm struggling with the last boss (as well as two others) so trying to decide whether to just git gud or respec or tick off some easier bits...
  • I farmed to get Dex up for a weapon I ended up not liking so had useless levels until I could respec.
    That's the only major farming I have done

Other than that I will sometimes just get the last 10-20% of runes I need to level up if I've beaten a boss/area.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I normally use some collected ones from my inventory at that point, pretty rare I don't have enough
  • I tend to keep them for upgrading gear or buying shop stuff.
  • Wondering if I'm missing something or looking in the wrong places, but I really thought I'd be finding a few more weapons than I have been, but perhaps it's just that most I've found are for dex builds so I've had to ignore them.
    I got a greatsword early on at an enemy camp, got a dagger from a red phantom drop, a rapier from a chest and a spear and a couple other bits.
    PSN : time_on_my_hands
  • I've found and picked up a million different weapons, far too many to ever consider trying or using half of them. Sold a load for pennies recently just to tidy up the inventory screen.

I'm also into the capital now.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Wondering if I'm missing something or looking in the wrong places, but I really thought I'd be finding a few more weapons than I have been, but perhaps it's just that most I've found are for dex builds so I've had to ignore them. I got a greatsword early on at an enemy camp, got a dagger from a red phantom drop, a rapier from a chest and a spear and a couple other bits.
    I didn't get many weapons or armour for the first 20 hours or so.
  • Getting really frustrated at a Death Rite Bird. Having to pass time to night every time is annoying. And then going to where it is. It passes straight to day if you die. And even at VIG 41 it’s got attacks that almost kill me from full health. So annoying. Better give something good. A lot of runes I’m sure.
  • Same with the bell bearing hunters across the land. They've got shitty distance and close attacks that just decimate any defence and health I have and they're just a shitty slog to win against.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Getting really frustrated at a Death Rite Bird. Having to pass time to night every time is annoying. And then going to where it is. It passes straight to day if you die. And even at VIG 41 it’s got attacks that almost kill me from full health. So annoying. Better give something good. A lot of runes I’m sure.

I got really lucky with my last one that glitch died.

Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Godskin Duo.

Just when you thought the bosses couldn’t get any worse.

Experimenting with sleeping one of them, and have an Ash that can help with that.

Can you only summon one Ash per battle?
  • I fought the big one on the bridge to the study hall tower and the thought of two of them is not pleasant.

Edit: watched this earlier And realised I really need to be using buffs more

• Duo done. Eventually me and sleepy archer ash managed to keep one asleep so I mostly fought one at a time.
  • Sword of Trina is a good one for that Duo. The special can knock them to sleep where you can wail on them.
  • I still haven’t been to the small island just off the mod_west coast of Limgrave. Can you actually get there?
  • Is the (very) starting location, or somewhere else?
  • No, that’s the island just south of Liurnia and west of Lemigrave (north west). It’s the island just to the left of where you come out after tutorial.
  • Rev wrote:
    Sword of Trina is a good one for that Duo. The special can knock them to sleep where you can wail on them.

That's what I used. Even had both asleep for a short time as archer dude dealt with the other one. Pretty sure I had both 'dead' for a very short while as well.

Utterly stupid fight 2 on 1 though.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    No, that’s the island just south of Liurnia and west of Lemigrave (north west). It’s the island just to the left of where you come out after tutorial.

Dragon place? There is a tunnel from a cave, I think.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Well that's a decent afternoon, and probably the most I've ever done in a Souls game.

Bad news - got smashed by a giant who I thought I had sorted until he pulled out a sword.
    Got killed by a flower that fired lightning bolts.

Good news - killed Margit
    Entered castle and killed bird carrying swords.

Called it there for the afternoon as I'm exhausted but decent progress. My hour count really racking up quickly.
  • mrsmr2 wrote:
    Rev wrote:
    Sword of Trina is a good one for that Duo. The special can knock them to sleep where you can wail on them.
    That's what I used. Even had both asleep for a short time as archer dude dealt with the other one. Pretty sure I had both 'dead' for a very short while as well. Utterly stupid fight 2 on 1 though.

Problem I have with it is they're both Magic and Melee and unlike the S & O fight, they've got range attacks so you can't kite one with you and take care of them while staying away from the other. Especially when the round boy does his donut wheel charge at you. I've been doing some coop in that area and unlike Morgott or even Godrick where you get them to a certain level you know they're toast, because of the second spawning, i've seen people use up all the buffs in the first part and then just get hammered in the second regardless of what the summoned help are doing. Bit of a shitty fight.
  • mrsmr2 wrote:
    hylian_elf wrote:
    No, that’s the island just south of Liurnia and west of Lemigrave (north west). It’s the island just to the left of where you come out after tutorial.
    Dragon place? There is a tunnel from a cave, I think.

Well, fuck me. Cheers. 160 hours and I haven’t been on that beach. I thought I had been there. Maybe it was before I started making notes of where to go back to etc.

And there’s a merchant there who sell recipe book for neutralising boluses. I could’ve done with that so much before getting Flame Cleanse me!

Wish this had the option from BotW where you could see on the map where you’d been
  • Ok. That was pointless. Useful near start of game if you’re going for arcane build I guess.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!