Elden Ring no spoiler tags friendly exploration thread
  • Maliketh down now. Used mimic so not ideal. Looks like it could be a fun fight solo but I’m getting close to burn out now (170 hrs), so help it is.

We both died at the same time but the cut scene played and I was able to warp back and get my runes.
  • Beat the gargoyles last night. Didn't take too many attempts but I was using D and Mimic Tear so wasn't too bad a fight with the help.
  • Fair play to you if you're not using the Mimic Tear on account of being hardcore, but for some of these fights they make a perfect distraction. 
    Finally got through the Spiritcaller Cave after a couple of attempts. Godskin Noble and Godskin apostle one after the other is just not a fun thing. But I nailed them both pretty quickly.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • I never do a fight without the Mimic Tear now that I've maxed it out.
  • Some can be more enjoyable without it. 

Godskin Duo though. Just had to use Mimic Tear. I’m not that much of a masochist.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I wouldn't even feel guilty doing that fight with glitches. Trash fight.
  • I was dying on Mohg.  Decided to bring out Mimic Tear and laid into the bastard.  It then felt too easy and unenjoyable so I let myself get killed, Mimic almost killed him while I was committing suicide!  Got the fucker a few tries after that.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Some can be more enjoyable without it. 

Godskin Duo though. Just had to use Mimic Tear. I’m not that much of a masochist.

I was. Never again!

• Did you also do Malenia with no shield or ashes etc? If so, bravo. Hardest boss I’ve met so far. I’m gonna need many more tries before I’ve committed attack patterns and tells to memory.
  • nah, had nothing to prove to myself by putting myself through that
  • Lhutel the Headless was my summon of choice for the vast majority of the game, she has a good range of attacks, will disappear and then reappear right next to the boss so is a good distraction. Towards the end, though, I was mostly using the 5 little shield dudes who throw ghost bombs, and bang their shields, they are the GOAT at distraction tactics, and can block so much damage with their wee greatshields.
  • Did anyone head up to the stargazer ruins and see the jellyfish looking for it's sister?  

It's a wonderful unexpected moment in the game.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Yup. Finally reunited them at around the 150hr mark. Completely forgotten about it.
  • The shield gang are my backup if I ever get sick of uh, myself?
  • Steam forums are saying the bleed dogs are fixed (stupid things), and just read a single comment that the Duo fight ends if you have them both 'dead'.
  • mrsmr2 wrote:
    Steam forums are saying the bleed dogs are fixed (stupid things), and just read a single comment that the Duo fight ends if you have them both 'dead'.

Yeah. That fight made no sense if they were both done and then magically came back again. Glad they fixed it
  • Could’ve done with that last night!
  • Thats Mohg done in the Shunning grounds. Not a bad fight, just used rivers of blood and mimic tear to keep him busy.
  • Everytime I think about heading into NG+ I find something worth exploring. Still got to head to the Haligtree, that I've unlocked.
  • Rev wrote:
    Thats Mohg done in the Shunning grounds. Not a bad fight, just used rivers of blood and mimic tear to keep him busy.

... did you leave the room after beating Mohg?...  Which direction...? ... :)
  • Rev wrote:
    Everytime I think about heading into NG+ I find something worth exploring. Still got to head to the Haligtree, that I've unlocked.

Haligtree is good.  Deffo feels like a late game hidden/optional area.
  • Haligtree was probably my favourite part of the game, from the tips of the trees moving down to the roots, a really nice concept and some gorgeous architectural design, and great enemies.
  • I quite liked the capital too.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    So whoop whoop I beat mohg finally and then also teh end boss so I'm kinda done! But then didn't do any next but cos I'm nervous about endings and Ng+ etc so yeah I guess I'll do that tomorrow.

Still got Mrs Haligtree & Alecta to beat if I'm keen. And a fair few dungeons. But tbh I think I've had my fill at this stage, 81h in... Need me some something else...
  • how many trophies are you missing?

I managed to beat Alecto but will get back to Malenia later. Much later.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Still 11. Four for legendary stuff, at least one for ending it, I guess I've for Malennia, but quite sure what else...
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    So in fact
    Spoiler:

I guess I'll try the missing bosses and maybe the legendary stuff, we'll see. Have a slight choice of ending but not all of them open...
  • Bit frustrating that I can technically finish with four different endings but I'm guessing I need to play through multiple times to get them all in.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Rev wrote:
    Thats Mohg done in the Shunning grounds. Not a bad fight, just used rivers of blood and mimic tear to keep him busy.

... did you leave the room after beating Mohg?...  Which direction...? ... :)

Funnily enough there was a phantom who showed me the way. Absolutely shocking, sad and wonderful story telling.

• Rev wrote:
    Bit frustrating that I can technically finish with four different endings but I'm guessing I need to play through multiple times to get them all in.

What are you playing on? On PS, I did cloud save reload malarkey to just see all endings in one playthrough on Sekiro. Would do same here, but not sure how on Xbox.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!