Elden Ring no spoiler tags friendly exploration thread
  • I only beat Malenia because I summoned two players who attacked her constantly with bleed damage, whilst I rolled around ineffectively. I wasn't even aware that she made a sexy transformation.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Went hunting for the other Mohg. Much pipe walking. Find a catacomb. Spent ages getting lost in it. Not even where Mohg is after all that. FFS this game is too big.
  • The Rykard fight with two people with the Snake Beam weapon is rather funny, as spectacle goes, but does make wonder how the fuck else one is supposed the kill the big heap.
  • I have found the sewer under the Leyndell, naturally I died to the lobster just now.
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    Went hunting for the other Mohg. Much pipe walking. Find a catacomb. Spent ages getting lost in it. Not even where Mohg is after all that. FFS this game is too big.

Open pipe bit, near a ladder. Avoid holes, I think. Just wander around you’ll get there! He’ll be piss easy for you this stage of your playthrough.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Did you find Dung Eater at least?
  • Lol I just met commander Niall. Look, dude, it’s okay for me to be a cheap bastard by bringing friends in BUT Buddy… you don’t need to.
  • I just met DP in CFA. Oh. My. Days. 

Spectacular but jeez what’s up with the massive area covered by its AOE attack. And the warping. Gaaahhhhhh. Got it down to 1/4 on first try though so not too bad. Run to it is annoying. Might leave it for later.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    I just met DP in CFA. Oh. My. Days. 

Spectacular but jeez what’s up with the massive area covered by its AOE attack. And the warping. Gaaahhhhhh. Got it down to 1/4 on first try though so not too bad. Run to it is annoying. Might leave it for later.

It's a fucking cheap fight. Highly frustrating at the end where they have some bullshit ohko. Using a double katana bleed and poison.

Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Lol that's literally what I've just been attempting, having now found & beaten easy mohg (and some "interesting" stuff thereafter...)

And yes, agree phase two of DP is basically shite, and the run is shite. But apart from Malenia, the last (direct) boss cheevo, so I kinda have to get it done.

And then I'm deleting it from my hard disc and getting my life back.
  • Ha I’ve figured how to get Niall down to half healt and both his chumps pretty consistently. Now I just need to figure out how to finish him off.

The fire giant though is a bit of a lol for me.
  • Found the lichdragon and was dreading the fight but for some reason the L2 on the Watchdog's Staff wrecked the cunt. Guess I was sufficiently levelled!
  • Does anyone who played BotW think that game's better than this one?
  • Brooks wrote:
    Does anyone who played BotW think that game's better than this one?
    Nope.

BotW was great at the time, it added a proper sense of discovery to open world games and was a leap forward for the genre. This is an additional leap further.

Well both should be leaps but devs like Ubisoft doggedly stick to their shit formula.
  • I'm interested largely because ER is to me the final delivery on NES Zelda 1, I don't think anyone needs to make another one of these ever again.
  • Brooks wrote:

They do different things.

For me there’s a little bit in this that the world itself is less of a thing. Aesthetically and moodily it’s far more varied but my relationship to one mouldy wall is identical to the grassland in a sense of physicality. I think the game hints at breath of the wild too much but it’s world and physicality of the world is a lot more shallow to me.

I think if the game included more verbs outside of fighting I’d be able to say wholeheartedly they tops the breath of the wild but it’s too narrow in its scope for it to clearly topple breath of the wild.

I think also the game is slightly less brave in its open world thing because by design there are far more physical locks to get to the finale (glitches excepted)

I do enjoy the aspect of the open world which means toughness can be avoided for a minute and I think this elevates the souls formula a lot but I think the world aspect has more room to grow.
  • Also I think in terms of exploration they need to be better at either making each encounter be cool or the revealed treasure be universally cool. If the encounter is not itself cool then the reward better be useful to everyone.
  • Brooks wrote:

I prefer BotW.
  • I like how in BOTW there are more puzzle elements to the game that require thought and application.  I've completed both and botw is more open world than ER is, but only because as you progress in ER, your choices become more limited and you need to complete things a certain way in order to progress.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Switched my loadout against DP to thrusting damage, so rocking Rogiers Rapier + bleed and the Scorpion Stinger + Rot and there's a much bigger difference in terms of how quickly DP'd health is going down, but the bullshit laser attacks, disappearing attack, and general OHK are making this a non enjoyable grind. Also I will never stop complaining about the camera not being able to zoom out in these situations.
  • Also a long run there, isn’t it? No stake of Marika.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Brooks wrote:

I prefer BotW.

This.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Also a long run there, isn’t it? No stake of Marika.

Yup, with cut scene you need to skip each time... and then further run forward to engage it
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    hylian_elf wrote:

Yup, with cut scene you need to skip each time... and then further run forward to engage it

Fuck that. I'm never finishing this game. I fell off hard at Fire Giant and the pull to go back has evaporated.
  • hylian_elf wrote:

Aye, frustrating to say the least. Don't mind it but it's a small oversight. I guess they can't put stake's of Marika everywhere, because I'm guessing it can be open to abuse. I've seen someone use the stake near Radahn by jumping off the cliff only to be spawned there at the boss fight.
  • So I think I’m at/near the end. Witnessed a betrayal and now a revival. Former was ok, latter kicked my butt. 

Missing legendary armament achievement so I looked it up. Seems I missed it and can’t get it anymore! Nooooooo!
  • I mean I should’ve looked it up 10 minutes before I did and I could’ve got it. :(
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Lol yeah think I missed that too. But also some other stuff.

Anyway, DP is down! Now just Malenia. Getting there, getting there ...
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Fuck me what a ridiculous boss. Can't get close.
  • Malenia? I got her to second phase a few times, a couple of times so easily (it’s almost random), but second phase fucked me cos Mimic Tear gets killed by initial dive bomb and rot. Not good.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!